Global Dental Restoration Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: May 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44447
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The dental restoration market share is expected to increase by USD 1.58 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.8%.
This dental restoration market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers dental restoration market segmentation by product (dental amalgams, dental composites, dental cement, dental ceramics, and dental liners) and geography (North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW). The dental restoration market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 3M Co., Amann Girrbach AG, COLTENE Holding AG, Den-Mat Holdings LLC, DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc., Envista Holdings Corp., GC Corp., Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Kuraray Noritake Dental Inc., and VOCO GmbH among others.
What will the Dental Restoration Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download Report Sample to Unlock the Dental Restoration Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Dental Restoration Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing prevalence of dental diseases and related risk factors is notably driving the dental restoration market growth, although factors such as high cost of cosmetic dental procedures along with lack of insurance may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the dental restoration industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Dental Restoration Market Driver
The increasing prevalence of dental diseases and related risk factors is one of the key factors driving the growth of the global dental restoration market. Globally, the prevalence of several dental diseases such as periodontal diseases, dental caries, and oral cancer is increasing. The prevalence of these dental diseases significantly increases with age. Globally, the geriatric population is also growing rapidly, owing to the rise in average life expectancy. In 2015, approximately 47 out of every 100 people aged 65 years and above in the US visited the dentist. The prevalence of dental caries is high among adults. As nearly 100% of the adult population is affected by the condition in the majority of countries. In the age group of 34-44 years of most of the high-income countries and some countries of Latin America, high DMFT values have been observed, i.e., 14 teeth affected by caries, while it is relatively low in the low-income countries of Africa and Asia. However, recent reports have indicated a growing burden of dental caries among adults in low and middle-income countries.
Key Dental Restoration Market Trend
The increasing demand for advanced cosmetic dental procedures will fuel the global dental restoration market growth. The rise in the demand for cosmetic dentistry will enable the dental restoration market to grow at a fast pace in the future. Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to address any dental procedure that improves the appearance of an individual's teeth, gums, or supported oral structures. It primarily deals with aesthetics, which include color, position, shape, size alignment, and the overall appearance of one's smile. One of the procedures includes bleaching, which lightens the teeth that have been stained or discolored by age or food. Another procedure is the application of composite resins, which are used to restore the broken or chipped tooth structure. It can also be used to fill the gap between two teeth structures and even cover the exposed root surfaces as a result of gum recession. Overcrowded or misaligned teeth can be placed at their appropriate positions by a procedure known as enamel shaping or cosmetic recontouring. For example, if a tooth appears to be much longer or wider than the rest, some part of that tooth structure can be removed with the subsequent application of cosmetic materials.
Key Dental Restoration Market Challenge
The high cost of cosmetic dental procedures along with the lack of insurance is a major challenge for the global dental restoration market growth. Cosmetic dentistry includes any dental procedure that improves the appearance of an individual's teeth, gums, or associated structures. It primarily deals with the aesthetic part of oral health, which includes the shape, size, position, or appearance of the dental structures. Cosmetic dentistry is on the rise; perfecting one's smile to look good is a growing trend among the population globally. However, cosmetic dental procedures are expensive; the cost varies based on the required treatment and the nature of the procedure. Teeth whitening costs around $100-$700 for a single visit. Crowns and veneers cost around $1,000-$3,000 per tooth, depending on the dentist, their training, location, and the condition of the patient's teeth. A smile makeover is a combination of multiple cosmetic and restorative dentistry treatments, which would cost a patient around $1,000-$3,000. Adding to this economic burden, dental insurance does not cover cosmetic dental procedures for the most part. Another issue is the lack of transparency in the price charges in dental procedures. This has led to high out-of-pocket expenditure for patients.
This dental restoration market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global dental restoration market as part of the global healthcare equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the dental restoration market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Dental Restoration Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 3M Co.
- Amann Girrbach AG
- COLTENE Holding AG
- Den-Mat Holdings LLC
- DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc.
- Envista Holdings Corp.
- GC Corp.
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG
- Kuraray Noritake Dental Inc.
- VOCO GmbH
This statistical study of the dental restoration market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The dental restoration market is concentrated and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- 3M Co. - The company offers wide range of dental restoration products such as glass ionomer restorative, bulk fill restorative etc.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The dental restoration market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Dental Restoration Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the dental restoration market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global healthcare equipment market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Dental Restoration Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request PDF Sample now!
31% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key market for dental restoration market in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in regions.
The increasing prevalence of dental diseases and related risk factors will facilitate the dental restoration market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020 severely impacted the dental restoration market in North America. The exponential rise in the number of COVID-19 cases compelled the governments of various countries in the region to impose restrictions on business and transportation activities, which led to the closure of manufacturing units and affected various offline distributors of dental restoration. The increasing risk of cross-infection further reduced the number of dental visits in May 2020 compared with May 2019, registering a decrease of nearly 27%. This led to a decline in the sales of dental restoration products in 2020. However, there was an increase of 1% in dental service utilization in June 2020 as compared with June 2019 due to the lifting of lockdowns followed by rescheduled dental surgical operations is expected to boost the growth of the regional market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Dental Restoration Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request PDF Sample
The dental restoration market share growth by the Dental amalgam segment will be significant during the forecast period. Dental amalgam is a liquid mercury and metal alloy blend used to fill pits created by dental caries. It is a blend of silver alloy and mercury. The silver combination is a fine powder that is made for the most part out of silver, tin, and copper, and infrequently zinc, palladium, or indium. At the point when the silver combination and mercury are blended, a chemical reaction occurs that structures dental amalgam. The response generated after blending the silver combination with mercury is named amalgamation response or trituration.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the dental restoration market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Dental Restoration Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.8%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 1.58 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
Performing market contribution
North America at 31%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, France, Japan, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
3M Co., Amann Girrbach AG, COLTENE Holding AG, Den-Mat Holdings LLC, DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc., Envista Holdings Corp., GC Corp., Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Kuraray Noritake Dental Inc., and VOCO GmbH
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Dental Restoration Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive dental restoration market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the dental restoration market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the dental restoration industry across North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of dental restoration market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- Exhibit 03:
- Exhibit 04: Value chain analysis: Healthcare equipment
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 06: Market segments
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- Exhibit 07: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 08: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 11: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 12: Threat of new entrants
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 13: Threat of substitutes
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 14: Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 15: Market condition - Five forces 2020
- 4.7 Market condition
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 17: Comparison by Product
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 18: Dental amalgams - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.3 Dental amalgams - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Dental amalgams - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 20: Dental composites - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.4 Dental composites - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Dental composites - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 22: Dental cements - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.5 Dental cements - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Dental cements - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 24: Dental ceramics - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.6 Dental ceramics - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: Dental ceramics - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 26: Dental liners - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.7 Dental liners - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Dental liners - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 28: Market opportunity by Product
- 5.8 Market opportunity by Product
6 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 6.1 Dental hospitals
- 6.2 Dental clinics
- 6.3 Research institutes
7 Customer landscape
- 7.1 Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.5 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.7 Key leading countries
- 8.8 Market opportunity by geography
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Vendor Overview
- 10.3 Landscape disruption
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 85: Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 86: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 87: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 88: Information sources
- Exhibit 89: List of abbreviations
- 11.3 3M
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing prevalence of dental diseases and related risk factors
- Increasing demand for advanced cosmetic dental procedures
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts