.Environmental Disinfection Robot Market by Technology and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: May 2021
- Pages: 121
- SKU: IRTNTR43329
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The environmental disinfection robot market share is expected to increase by USD 7.71 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 40.53%.
This environmental disinfection robot market research report provides valuable insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers the environmental disinfection robot market segmentation by technology (UV-C and HPV) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America). The environmental disinfection robot market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Blue Ocean Robotics, Ecolab Inc., Finsen Technologies Ltd., Mediland Enterprise Corp., Professional Disposables International Inc., Steriliz LLC, STERIS Plc, Surfacide, The Clorox Co., and Xenex Disinfection Services LLC among others.
What will the Environmental Disinfection Robot Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Environmental Disinfection Robot Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Environmental Disinfection Robot Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a neutral impact on the market growth during and after the post-COVID-19 era. The changes in cleaning protocols to prevent this are notably driving the environmental disinfection robot market growth, although factors such as the threat from alternative products may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the environmental disinfection robot market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Environmental Disinfection Robot Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the global environmental disinfection robot market is the changes in cleaning protocols to prevent hospital-acquired infections (HAIs). The growth of the market can be attributed to the increase in awareness of the harmful effects of HAIs. These infections can occur during admission, examination, treatment, or rehabilitation. They can spread from sources such as patients, visitors, hospital equipment, surroundings, and hospital staff. Furthermore, as the awareness about HAIs is increasing, the emphasis on terminal cleaning in hospitals, especially those involved in acute care, along with improvement in inpatient care are expected to significantly affect the market growth. Furthermore, healthcare facilities mainly rely on products such as disinfectants for terminal cleaning, they are increasingly modifying their cleaning protocols to combat HAIs that are caused due to various multidrug-resistant organisms, pathogens, and spores. This further led to the adoption of the robots by healthcare facilities for disinfecting their facilities. Moreover, the major reason for the change in protocol is the need for advanced technology to handle microorganisms that have the ability to develop resistance to antibiotics and disinfectants.
Key Environmental Disinfection Robot Market Trend
Innovations in deployment models are another factor supporting the global environmental disinfection robot market growth in the forecast period. Apart from operating and maintaining environmental disinfection robots, and training the hospital staff, vendors are also providing end-users with the option to lease the robots for a short or long-term period. Moreover, robotics as a service (RaaS) involves a business model in which the robot can be rented or leased on a monthly or hourly basis, and the services such as upgrading, and maintenance are provided by the vendors. Therefore, we expect the RaaS model being adopted by vendors to have a significant impact on the market growth as more end-users will invest in leasing the product rather than buying a new environmental disinfection robot market to avoid the high upfront cost. Furthermore, this trend will help vendors to increase their market presence in developing countries, where the key vendors are collaborating with local distributors to establish their market presence. Vendors are also providing refurbished robots to cater to the needs of the customers with budgetary constraints. For such reasons, the market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Key Environmental Disinfection Robot Market Challenge
Threats from alternative products and lack of regulatory approval will be a major challenge for the global environmental disinfection robot market during the forecast period. End-users have various devices to select from for their environmental disinfection needs, as companies offer devices with functionalities such as safety features, and data analytics, along with benefits such as short cycle time and user-friendliness. Therefore, the availability of alternative products especially UV devices acts as a challenge for the market. For instance, Nevoa's Nimbus uses atomized hypochlorous acid for disinfection. The company partnered with German-based Dürr Systems to design and engineer the solution. The product uses advanced 3D computer modeling techniques to analyze atomization and ensure the distribution of microburst solutions. Moreover, the need for vendors to manufacture products that comply with regulations and standards is another major deterrent to market growth. End-users that keep regulatory compliance as a key purchasing criterion are less likely to invest in environmental disinfection robots based on UV-C technology. These robots do not meet the EPA performance definition and are not FDA approved. Unless products meet these regulations, disinfection robot vendors with UV-C and HPV technologies cannot legally claim that their products decontaminate rooms.
This environmental disinfection robot market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global environmental disinfection robots market as a part of the global industrial machinery market. Moreover, the global demand for energy, chemicals and petrochemicals, pulp and paper products, and processed food and beverages continues to grow because of the rapid economic expansion of developing countries. Therefore, investments are being made in new oil refineries, including integrated refining and petrochemical complexes. Such factors are driving the parent market growth during the forecast period. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the environmental disinfection robot market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Environmental Disinfection Robot Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Blue Ocean Robotics
- Ecolab Inc.
- Finsen Technologies Ltd.
- Mediland Enterprise Corp.
- Professional Disposables International Inc.
- Steriliz LLC
- STERIS Plc
- The Clorox Co.
- Xenex Disinfection Services LLC
This statistical study of the environmental disinfection robot market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The environmental disinfection robot market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as moderate M&A activity and increased investments to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Ecolab Inc.- In May 2021, the company received a 2021 Edison Award in the COVID-19 Innovation category for its Sink & Surface Cleaner Sanitizer the first product registered by the EPA to kill the COVID-19 virus in just 15 seconds.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The environmental disinfection robot market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Environmental Disinfection Robot Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the environmental disinfection robot market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global industrial machinery market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturer providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Environmental Disinfection Robot Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request a FREE sample now!
61% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China is the key market for the market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the North America, MEA, Europe, and South American market.
The improvement in healthcare facilities with trends such as medical tourism will facilitate the environmental disinfection robot market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 has positively impacted the regional environmental disinfection robot market. Many countries in the region are signing agreements with vendors for the purchase of environmental disinfection robots to fight against the spread of COVID-19. For instance, in March 2020, Sunay Healthcare Supply in China signed an agreement with the Danish company UVD Robots, a subsidiary of Blue Ocean Robotics, to purchase environmental disinfection robots for around 2,000 hospitals in China. Also, in March 2020, hospitals in Thailand announced their plans to deploy environmental disinfection robots to protect the health of overburdened medical workers on the front lines of fighting against the COVID-19 outbreak. This will further expand the market growth in the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Technology Segments in the Environmental Disinfection Robot Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a FREE sample
The technology segment will be significant during the forecast period. The segment has been growing, as more hospitals and other healthcare facilities are increasingly changing their cleaning protocols and investing in advanced technologies to protect themselves from HAIs.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the environmental disinfection robot market size and actionable market insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Environmental Disinfection Robot Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 40.53%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 7.71 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 61%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, UK, China, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Blue Ocean Robotics, Ecolab Inc., Finsen Technologies Ltd., Mediland Enterprise Corp., Professional Disposables International Inc., Steriliz LLC, STERIS Plc, Surfacide, The Clorox Co., and Xenex Disinfection Services LLC
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Environmental Disinfection Robot Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive environmental disinfection robot market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the environmental disinfection robot market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the environmental disinfection robot industry across North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of environmental disinfection robot market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Agricultural and Farm Machinery Market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Technology
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Technology - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Technology
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Technology
- 5.3 UV-C - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: UV-C - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: UV-C - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 HPV - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: HPV - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: HPV - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Technology
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Technology
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive Scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Blue Ocean Robotics
- 10.4 Ecolab Inc.
- Exhibit 47: Ecolab Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 48: Ecolab Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 49: Ecolab Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 50: Ecolab Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 51: Ecolab Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Finsen Technologies Ltd.
- Exhibit 52: Finsen Technologies Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Finsen Technologies Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: Finsen Technologies Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Mediland Enterprise Corp.
- Exhibit 55: Mediland Enterprise Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 56: Mediland Enterprise Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 57: Mediland Enterprise Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.7 Professional Disposables International Inc.
- Exhibit 58: Professional Disposables International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Professional Disposables International Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 60: Professional Disposables International Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.8 Steriliz LLC
- Exhibit 61: Steriliz LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Steriliz LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: Steriliz LLC - Key offerings
- 10.9 STERIS Plc
- Exhibit 64: STERIS Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 65: STERIS Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: STERIS Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: STERIS Plc - Segment focus
- 10.10 Surfacide
- Exhibit 68: Surfacide - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Surfacide - Product and service
- Exhibit 70: Surfacide - Key offerings
- 10.11 The Clorox Co.
- Exhibit 71: The Clorox Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: The Clorox Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 73: The Clorox Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: The Clorox Co. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Xenex Disinfection Services LLC
- Exhibit 75: Xenex Disinfection Services LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Xenex Disinfection Services LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 77: Xenex Disinfection Services LLC - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 78: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 79: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 80: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 81: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 82: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- changes in cleaning protocols to prevent HAIs
- innovations in deployment models
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.