Green-Roofs Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 118
- SKU: IRTNTR44393
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The green-roofs market share is expected to increase by USD 8.87 bn from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 14.09%.
This green-roofs market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers green-roofs market segmentations by product (extensive and intensive) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, and South America). The green-roofs market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Axter Ltd., Bauder Ltd., Bender GmbH & Co. KG, Optigreen international AG, RENOLIT SE, Sempergreen BV, Sika AG, Sky Garden Ltd., Vegetal i.D. Inc., and ZinCo GmbH among others.
What will the Green-Roofs Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Green-Roofs Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Green-Roofs Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The reduction in global warming due to green roofs is notably driving the green-roofs market growth, although factors such as may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the green-roofs industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Market Driver
The key market driver for green-roofs market is the reduction in global warming due to green roofs.The reduction in global warming due to green roofs is one of the major factors driving the market growth.Green roofs are plants grown on top of buildings to reduce temperatures on roofs and decrease ambient temperature. Due to this temperature control effect, green roofs can help reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases from air conditioning.Green roofs add plants on roofs where most of the radiation from the sun can be absorbed, thus decreasing the urban heat island effect.These benefits are identified by various governments, which results in the development of supportive policies for the adoption of green roofs.
Key Market Trend
The key market trend for green-roofs market is the integration of green-roof and solar photovoltaic systems.Green roofs and solar photovoltaic systems are integrated with the aim to minimize emissions of greenhouse gases and ensure the sustainable development of buildings. The integration of these systems ensures enhanced functions and effectiveness through cooling and shading effects. While photovoltaic panels protect the plants from excessive sun and evaporation of water, thereby contributing to the growth of plants and cooling through evapotranspiration of green-roof plants ensures increased efficiency of photovoltaic panels. These solar photovoltaic arrays can result in areas of shade on roofs. Therefore, only a certain category of plants called shade-loving plants can be placed in these areas. Although the installation of this roof is complex, vendors like ZinCo and Bauder provide green roofs with integrated solar photovoltaic systems. Countries like Germany, Switzerland, and Austria in Europe have started implementing these roofs.
Key Market Challenge
The key market challenge for green-roofs market is the increased initial costs and long payback periods.The initial cost of green roofs can be three times the cost of conventional roofs. However, green roofs save costs throughout their lifespan, thereby providing a return on investment for the owner of the building. In some countries, vendors are yet to achieve economies of scale due to the decreased demand for green roofs. Thus, the installation costs of green roofs are high in these countries.Savings on energy can be achieved annually, while an increase in the lifespan of the roof saves repair or reconstruction costs of roofs. However, the payback period of green roofs is estimated to be up to almost 40 years, which is a major disadvantage for many builders. Sometimes these costs are paid by tenants through increased rents, which can decrease the occupancy for the building. In cities where municipal corporations are focused on creating affordable housing, mandating green roofs can increase rents, thus restricting the corporation from achieving its objectives.
This green-roofs market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes global green-roofs market as a part of the global building products market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the green-roofs market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Green-Roofs Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Axter Ltd.
- Bauder Ltd.
- Bender GmbH & Co. KG
- Optigreen international AG
- RENOLIT SE
- Sempergreen BV
- Sika AG
- Sky Garden Ltd.
- Vegetal i.D. Inc.
- ZinCo GmbH
This statistical study of the green-roofs market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The green-roofs market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The green-roofs market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Green-Roofs Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the green-roofs market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global building products market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Green-Roofs Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
36% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
Urban heat island effect and stormwater runoffs] will facilitate the market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Green-Roofs Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The green-roofs market share growth by the extensive segment will be significant during the forecast period. Initial costs and maintenance costs for extensive green roofs are comparatively lower than those for intensive green roofs. Soil layers for extensive green roofs are less than six inches in depth, as plantations consisting of succulent plants and moss does not have deep roots. Therefore, extensive green roofs are a less expensive option when compared with intensive green roofs.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the green-roofs market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Green-Roofs Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 14.09%
Market growth 2021-2025
USD 8.87 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 36%
Key consumer countries
Germany, US, Japan, Canada, and Singapore
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Axter Ltd., Bauder Ltd., Bender GmbH & Co. KG, Optigreen international AG, RENOLIT SE, Sempergreen BV, Sika AG, Sky Garden Ltd., Vegetal i.D. Inc., and ZinCo GmbH
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Green-Roofs Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive green-roofs market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the green-roofs market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the green-roofs industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of green-roofs market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Building products
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Extensive - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Extensive - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Extensive - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Intensive - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Intensive - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Intensive - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Axter Ltd.
- Exhibit 43: Axter Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Axter Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 45: Axter Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.4 Bauder Ltd.
- Exhibit 46: Bauder Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 47: Bauder Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 48: Bauder Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Bender GmbH & Co. KG
- 10.6 Optigreen international AG
- Exhibit 52: Optigreen international AG - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Optigreen international AG - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: Optigreen international AG - Key offerings
- 10.7 RENOLIT SE
- Exhibit 55: RENOLIT SE - Overview
- Exhibit 56: RENOLIT SE - Product and service
- Exhibit 57: RENOLIT SE - Key offerings
- 10.8 Sempergreen BV
- Exhibit 58: Sempergreen BV - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Sempergreen BV - Product and service
- Exhibit 60: Sempergreen BV - Key offerings
- 10.9 Sika AG
- Exhibit 61: Sika AG - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Sika AG - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: Sika AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 64: Sika AG - Key news
- Exhibit 65: Sika AG - Segment focus
- 10.10 Sky Garden Ltd.
- Exhibit 66: Sky Garden Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Sky Garden Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 68: Sky Garden Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Vegetal i.D. Inc.
- Exhibit 69: Vegetal i.D. Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Vegetal i.D. Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Vegetal i.D. Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.12 ZinCo GmbH
- Exhibit 72: ZinCo GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 73: ZinCo GmbH - Product and service
- Exhibit 74: ZinCo GmbH - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 75: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 76: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 77: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 78: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 79: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Reduction in global warming due to green roofs
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.