Nicotine Gum Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jan 2022
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR72036
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The nicotine gum market share is expected to increase to USD 1.01 billion from 2020 to 2025 at an accelerating CAGR of 4.43%.
This market research report extensively covers nicotine gum market segmentations by the following:
- Product - 2-mg nicotine and 4-mg nicotine
- Geography - North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
This nicotine gum market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. The nicotine gum market report offers information on several market vendors, including British American Tobacco Plc, Cambrex Corp., Cipla Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd., ITC Ltd., Johnson and Johnson Inc., Lil Drug Store Products Inc., Major Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Walgreen Co. among others.
What will the Nicotine Gum Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Nicotine Gum Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Nicotine Gum Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The increasing number of people trying to quit smoking is notably driving the nicotine gum market growth, although factors such as health issues associated with smoking cessation products may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the nicotine gum industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Nicotine Gum Market Driver
- The increasing number of people trying to quit smoking is one of the key drivers supporting the nicotine gum market growth.
- People who are trying to quit smoking are trying out various smoking cessation aids, such as e-cigarettes.
- Many public awareness programs and campaigns that are conducted across the world encourage people to stop smoking.
- For instance, the World Health Organization (WHO) observes May 31 every year as ?World No Tobacco Day.? Such programs create awareness about the health risks associated with smoking and encourage the introduction of effective policies to reduce tobacco consumption.
- ?Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids? helps people reduce tobacco use and decreases its deadly toll globally. Many such awareness programs are expected to drive market growth during the forecast period.
Key Nicotine Gum Market Trend
- One of the key nicotine gum market trends fueling the market growth is the new product launch.
- Successful new product launches will help increase the revenue inflow and market share of the players.
- New product launches retain the interest of consumers in the market.
- For instance, in February 2020, Lucy goods launched a new nicotine gum product with cinnamon fruit and mint-flavored nicotine gum in LA, California, US. Such expected new launch products will drive the nicotine gum market growth during the forecast period.
Key Nicotine Gum Market Challenge
- The health issues associated with smoking cessation products is one of the factors hindering the nicotine gum market growth.
- Long-term use of nicotine gums can cause various health problems, such as hair loss, skin irritation, and others.
- People who use nicotine gums have a higher risk of heart palpitations and chest pain compared to normal people.
- Researchers have found that two primary ingredients found in e-cigarettes (propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin) are toxic to cells in the human body.
- Propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin produce dangerous chemicals such as acetaldehyde, acrolein, and formaldehyde, which can cause lung and cardiovascular diseases. Such health-causing issues may impede the market growth during the forecast period.
This nicotine gum market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the nicotine gum market as a part of the global tobacco market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the nicotine gum market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Nicotine Gum Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- British American Tobacco Plc
- Cambrex Corp.
- Cipla Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- ITC Ltd.
- Johnson and Johnson Inc.
- Lil Drug Store Products Inc.
- Major Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Walgreen Co.
This statistical study of the nicotine gum market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The nicotine gum market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as quality, price, service, brand image, distribution, and marketing to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- British American Tobacco Plc - The company offers nicotine gum products under the brand name of Lyft.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The nicotine gum market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Nicotine Gum Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the nicotine gum market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chains is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the tobacco market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Nicotine Gum Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
31% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key market for nicotine gum market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in Europe.
Many people trying to quit smoking will facilitate the nicotine gum market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
North America was severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. The pandemic led many government organizations in the region to impose a total lockdown to contain the spread of the disease. However, the region has shown positive growth in the economic situation as well as in awareness regarding the importance of immunity and health. Hence, continuously growing awareness about health will proliferate the demand for nicotine gum during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Nicotine Gum Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The nicotine gum market share growth by the 2-mg nicotine segment will be significant during the forecast period. The 2-mg nicotine gum is usually used by consumers who have their first cigarette about 30 minutes after waking up. This segment dominated the global nicotine gums market in 2021 with a 70.9% revenue share. To improve the consumers' chance of quitting smoking, it is advisable to chew at least nine pieces of nicotine gum each day for the first six weeks. The increasing number of new flavors will help in the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the nicotine gum market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Nicotine Gum Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Decelerate at a CAGR of 4.43%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 1.01 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 31%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, France, China, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
British American Tobacco Plc, Cambrex Corp., Cipla Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd., ITC Ltd., Johnson and Johnson Inc., Lil Drug Store Products Inc., Major Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Walgreen Co.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Nicotine Gum Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive nicotine gum market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the nicotine gum market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the nicotine gum industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of nicotine gum market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Market Overview
Exhibit 01: Key Finding 1
Exhibit 02: Key finding 2
Exhibit 03: Key finding 3
Exhibit 04: Key finding 5
Exhibit 05: Key finding 6
Exhibit 06: Key Finding 7
Exhibit 07: Key Finding 8
2. Market Landscape
2.1 Market ecosystem
2.1.1 Parent market
Exhibit 08: Parent market
Exhibit 09: Market characteristics
2.2 Value chain analysis
Exhibit 10: Value chain analysis: Tobacco market
2.2.2 Inbound logistics
2.2.4 Outbound logistics
2.2.5 Marketing and sales
2.2.6 Support activities
3. Market Sizing
3.1 Market definition
Exhibit 11: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
3.2 Market segment analysis
Exhibit 12: Market segments
3.3 Market size 2021
3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2021 - 2026
3.4.1 Estimating growth rates for emerging and high-growth markets
3.4.2 Estimating growth rates for mature markets
Exhibit 13: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 14: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4. Five Forces Analysis
4.1 Five Forces Summary
Exhibit 15: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
Exhibit 16: Bargaining power of buyers
4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
Exhibit 17: Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4 Threat of new entrants
Exhibit 18: Threat of new entrants
4.5 Threat of substitutes
Exhibit 19: Threat of substitutes
4.6 Threat of rivalry
Exhibit 20: Threat of rivalry
4.7 Market condition
Exhibit 21: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5. Market Segmentation by Product
5.1 Market segments
The segments covered in this chapter are:
- 2-mg nicotine
- 4-mg nicotine
Exhibit 22: Product - Market share 2021-2026 (%)
5.2 Comparison by Product
Exhibit 23: Comparison by Product
5.3 2-mg nicotine - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 24: 2-mg nicotine - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 25: 2-mg nicotine - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
5.4 4-mg nicotine - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 26: 4-mg nicotine - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 27: 4-mg nicotine - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
5.5 Market opportunity by Product
Exhibit 28: Market opportunity by Product
6. Customer landscape
Technavio’s customer landscape matrix comparing Drivers or price sensitivity, Adoption lifecycle, importance in customer price basket, Adoption rate and Key purchase criteria
Exhibit 29: Customer landscape
7. Geographic Landscape
7.1 Geographic segmentation
The regions covered in the report are:
- North America
- South America
Exhibit 30: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
7.2 Geographic comparison
Exhibit 31: Geographic comparison
7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 32: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 33: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 34: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 35: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 36: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 37: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 38: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 39: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
Exhibit 40: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
Exhibit 41: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
7.8 Key leading countries
Exhibit 42: Key leading countries
7.9 Market opportunity by geography
Exhibit 43: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8. Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
8.1 Market drivers
8.1.1 Increasing number of people trying to quit smoking
8.1.2 Increasing awareness about the harmful effects of cigarette smoking
8.1.3 Growing enrolment in smoking cessation therapies
8.2 Market challenges
8.2.1 Health issues associated with smoking cessation products
8.2.2 Increasing use of e-cigarettes among teenagers
8.2.3 Presence of substitute products
8.2.4 Stringent regulations
Exhibit 44: Impact of drivers and challenges
8.3 Market trends
8.3.1 New product launch
8.3.2 Addiction to nicotine gums
8.3.3 Increasing awareness regarding health hazards associated with smoking
9. Vendor Landscape
Exhibit 45: Vendor landscape
9.2 Landscape disruption
Exhibit 46: Landscape disruption
Exhibit 47: Industry risks
9.3 Competitive scenario
10. Vendor Analysis
10.1 Vendors covered
Exhibit 48: Vendors covered
10.2 Market positioning of vendors
Exhibit 49: Market positioning of vendors
10.3 British American Tobacco Plc
Exhibit 50: British American Tobacco Plc - Overview
Exhibit 51: British American Tobacco Plc - Business segments
Exhibit 52: British American Tobacco Plc - Key offerings
Exhibit 53: British American Tobacco Plc - Segment focus
10.4 Cambrex Corp.
Exhibit 54: Cambrex Corp. - Overview
Exhibit 55: Cambrex Corp. - Product and service
Exhibit 56: Cambrex Corp. - Key offerings
10.5 Cipla Inc.
Exhibit 57: Cipla Inc. - Overview
Exhibit 58: Cipla Inc. - Business segments
Exhibit 59: Cipla Inc. - Key offerings
Exhibit 60: Cipla Inc. - Segment focus
10.6 GlaxoSmithKline Plc
Exhibit 61: GlaxoSmithKline Plc - Overview
Exhibit 62: GlaxoSmithKline Plc - Business segments
Exhibit 63: GlaxoSmithKline Plc - Key offerings
Exhibit 64: GlaxoSmithKline Plc - Segment focus
10.7 Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Exhibit 65: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. - Overview
Exhibit 66: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. - Business segments
Exhibit 67: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. - Key offerings
Exhibit 68: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. - Segment focus
10.8 ITC Ltd.
Exhibit 69: ITC Ltd. - Overview
Exhibit 70: ITC Ltd. - Business segments
Exhibit 71: ITC Ltd. - Key offerings
Exhibit 72: ITC Ltd. - Segment focus
10.9 Johnson and Johnson Inc.
Exhibit 73: Johnson and Johnson Inc. - Overview
Exhibit 74: Johnson and Johnson Inc. - Business segments
Exhibit 75: Johnson and Johnson Inc. - Key offerings
Exhibit 76: Johnson and Johnson Inc. - Segment focus
10.10 Lil Drug Store Products Inc.
Exhibit 77: Lil Drug Store Products Inc. - Overview
Exhibit 78: Lil Drug Store Products Inc. - Product and service
Exhibit 79: Lil Drug Store Products Inc. - Key offerings
10.11 Major Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Exhibit 80: Major Pharmaceuticals Inc. - Overview
Exhibit 81: Major Pharmaceuticals Inc. - Product and service
Exhibit 82: Major Pharmaceuticals Inc. - Key offerings
10.12 Walgreen Co.
Exhibit 83: Walgreen Co. - Overview
Exhibit 84: Walgreen Co. - Product and service
Exhibit 85: Walgreen Co. - Key offerings
11.1 Scope of the report
11.1.1 Market definition
11.1.3 Notes and caveats
11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
Exhibit 86: Currency conversion rates for US$
11.3 Research Methodology
Exhibit 87: Research Methodology
Exhibit 88: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
Exhibit 89: Information sources
11.4 List of abbreviations
Exhibit 90: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing number of people trying to quit smoking
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts