Pasta Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024
- Published: Feb 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR41101
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The pasta market share is expected to increase by USD 12.23 billion from 2019 to 2024, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 5.53%.
This pasta market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers pasta market segmentation by product (dried pasta, chilled and fresh pasta, and canned and preserved pasta) and geography (Europe, North America, South America, and APAC). The pasta market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Società per Azioni, Dakota Growers Pasta Co. Inc., Ebro Foods SA, F. Divella Spa, F.lli De Cecco di Filippo Fara San Martino Spa, Nestle SA, Rana USA Inc., The Kraft Heinz Co., TreeHouse Foods Inc., and Unilever Plc among others.
What will the Pasta Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Pasta Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Pasta Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increased demand for instant pasta is notably driving the pasta market growth, although factors such as false claims by some vendors may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the pasta industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Pasta Market Driver
The increased demand for instant pasta is notably driving the global pasta market growth. Demand for instant pasta is rising in tandem with the rising need for convenience food products. Instant pasta is a popular dish among the working population, and many vendors are focusing on launching precooked or instant pasta to meet this growth in demand. Rising health awareness and growing concerns on the hygiene and quality of food sourced from outside have piqued interest in home-cooked food. Consumers are seeking convenient options such as pasta that can be prepared with minimal demand on time and effort. The growing number of working women globally has also boosted the demand for convenient foods that can be prepared easily, such as instant pasta. Thus, the increased demand for instant pasta across the world is expected to drive the growth of the global pasta market during the forecast period.
Key Pasta Market Trend
Expansion of retail landscape is the key market trend driving the global pasta market growth. The growing presence of supermarkets, hypermarkets, and specialty stores worldwide is indicative of the proliferation of the organized retail sector. As pasta is primarily sold by large organized retailers, this implies that vendors operating in the market compete for the limited shelf space available in such large retail stores. Organized retailers enable convenience and value for money by stocking a wide assortment of products under one roof. Thus, consumer shopping patterns have shifted toward supermarkets and hypermarkets and enhanced the importance of organized retailers for vendors even further. Therefore, as the global population surges, the number of supermarkets is also expected to increase. In addition to the growth of the organized retail sector, the expansion of the online retail sector is driving the growth of the global pasta market.
Key Pasta Market Challenge
The major challenges impeding the global pasta market growth are the false claims by some vendors. Spurious claims by some vendors about their product offerings in terms of weight, preservative content, and ingredients used have the potential to affect consumer mindset negatively. For instance, in September 2019, Ronzoni Pasta was sued for misleading packaging. The company mentioned that the size of the boxes is similar to regular pasta and provides 12 ounces of specialty pasta in the same size box as 16 ounces of regular pasta. Such false claims by certain vendors are likely to hamper the growth of the global pasta market during the forecast period.
This pasta market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global pasta market as a part of the global packaged foods and meats market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the pasta market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Pasta Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Società per Azioni
- Dakota Growers Pasta Co. Inc.
- Ebro Foods SA
- F. Divella Spa
- F.lli De Cecco di Filippo Fara San Martino Spa
- Nestle SA
- Rana USA Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Co.
- TreeHouse Foods Inc.
- Unilever Plc
This statistical study of the pasta market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The pasta market is fragmented and the vendors are competing based on factors such as price, quality, innovation, reputation, and distribution.
Product Insights and News
- Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Società per Azioni - The company offers various pastas under the brands Collezione, Gluten free, Whole grain, and Veggie.
- Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Società per Azioni - Under the bakery segment, the company offers a range of breakfast foods and snacks.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The pasta market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Pasta Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the pasta market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
Which are the Key Regions for Pasta Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
32% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. Japan is the key market for pasta in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
Improving economic conditions and changes in consumer lifestyles, which increase the demand for convenient and easy to prepare foods like dried pasta will facilitate the pasta market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
A rise in the number of COVID-19 cases in APAC led to the imposition of lockdowns in March 2020. This decreased the sales volume of pasta, though the demand remained high. However, the pasta market in APAC is expected to recover during the forecast period as business activities are being revived and supply chain operations are coming back to normal.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Pasta Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The pasta market share growth by the dried pasta segment will be significant during the forecast period. Dried pasta is the most commonly consumed and widely available pasta variety in the world. It has a longer shelf life than other pasta products and can be easily stored. Dried pasta has a firm texture and can hold up longer, and as such, it takes longer to cook than fresh pasta.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the pasta market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Pasta Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 5.53%
Market growth 2020-2024
$ 12.23 billion
YoY growth (%)
Europe, North America, South America, and APAC
Performing market contribution
APAC at 32%
Key consumer countries
Italy, US, Brazil, Germany, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Società per Azioni, Dakota Growers Pasta Co. Inc., Ebro Foods SA, F. Divella Spa, F.lli De Cecco di Filippo Fara San Martino Spa, Nestle SA, Rana USA Inc., The Kraft Heinz Co., TreeHouse Foods Inc., and Unilever Plc
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Pasta Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive pasta market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the pasta market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the pasta industry across Europe, North America, South America, and APAC
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of pasta market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Packaged Foods and Meats Market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Dried pasta - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Dried pasta - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Dried pasta - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Chilled and fresh pasta - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Chilled and fresh pasta - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Chilled and fresh pasta - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Canned and preserved pasta - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Canned and preserved pasta - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Canned and preserved pasta - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Overview
- Exhibit 24: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 31: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
- 7.3 Europe - Market size and fore
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increased demand for instant pasta
- Increasing demand for local flavors and varieties
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts