Air Filter Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43804
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The air filter market share is expected to increase by USD 5.59 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 5.26%.
This air filter market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers air filter market segmentations by end user (HVAC, industrial, automotive, and others) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America). The air filter market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 3M Co., Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj, Camfil AB, Cummins Inc., Daikin Industries Ltd., DENSO Corp., Donaldson Co. Inc., MAHLE GmbH, MANN+HUMMEL, and Parker Hannifin Corp. among others.
What will the Air Filter Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Air Filter Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Air Filter Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The introduction of new universal standards for air filters is notably driving the air filter market growth, although factors such as lack of awareness about replacing air filters may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the air filter industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Air Filter Market Driver
The introduction of new universal standards for air filters is a key driver boosting the air filter market growth. The emission from industries, air conditioning systems, and vehicles contribute to the major share of the total air pollution. The increase in air pollution adversely impacts the health of human beings as well as the environment. Government regulations are established to improve the quality of air filters to reduce emission rates. The drastic changes in the climate and the increase in airborne diseases have increased the concern of governments across the world about reducing air pollution. This has made way for several stringent regulations regarding air filters, which ensure that each end-user industry generates emissions within the permissible levels. Such regulations will lead to the growth of the air filter market.
Key Air Filter Market Trend
Increasing air quality concerns in HVAC systems is another driver influencing the growth of the air filter market. Climatic changes and air pollution have a great impact on indoor air quality. The presence of pollutants or particulates in the air proves harmful to the human body and results in diseases such as cardiovascular diseases. The increase in health issues has increased the need for ensuring IAQ in residential as well as commercial buildings. The ANSI/ASHRAE standards 62.1 and 62.2 specify the minimum ventilation rates and other measures for the existing and new buildings for improving the IAQ and reducing the chances of adverse health effects. Most maintenance teams fail to adhere to indoor air quality regulations. Due to the emission rules becoming stringent, there will be an increasing focus on IAQ that will drive the demand for air filters during the forecast period.
Key Air Filter Market Challenge
Lack of awareness about replacing air filters is a major challenge to the air filter market growth. Air filters must be cleaned or replaced after a certain period of time. Most end-users fail to do so, either due to the lack of awareness or due to the absence of government regulations for the replacement of filters. The use of old filters creates critical health issues. The time period for the replacement of air filters varies according to the type of filter and the applications it serves. The lifespan of a cabin air filter is generally a year or 15,000 miles-30,000 miles, while the engine air filter is replaced after a year or after 30,000 miles. However, most customers are not aware of the need for the replacement of air filters. The lack of awareness of customers affects the demand for air filters. Similar to HVAC systems, air filters must be cleaned every three months and should be changed yearly. Most commercial buildings, such as offices and educational institutions, do not change or clean the air filters. The lack of awareness about IAQ and permissible limits of particulates in the air restrains the timely replacement of air filters. In the case of health institutions and industries such as oil and gas, electronics, and marine, air filters need regular monitoring of air quality and replacement of air filters. The aftermarket sales are a major growth component in the overall air filter market. Hence, the lack of awareness about the need for replacement of air filters is a major challenge for the global air filter market.
This air filter market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global air filter market as a part of the global industrial machinery market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the air filter market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Air Filter Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 3M Co.
- Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj
- Camfil AB
- Cummins Inc.
- Daikin Industries Ltd.
- DENSO Corp.
- Donaldson Co. Inc.
- MAHLE GmbH
- Parker Hannifin Corp.
This statistical study of the air filter market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The air filter market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The air filter market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Air Filter Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the air filter market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global industrial machinery market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Air Filter Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
57% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, Japan, and India are the key markets for air filter market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The launch of new models by manufacturers will facilitate the air filter market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 had an adverse impact on the regional economy in 2020. It led to the temporary shutdown of companies, industries, and the transportation and construction sectors in the region for several months in 2020. This outbreak caused fatalities in China and other APAC countries, which led to the imposition of lockdowns in the region. This severely affected industries that manufacture and use air filters, which slowed down the growth of the air filter market in APAC. However, as industrial activities in the region regain their lost strength, lockdown restrictions are lifted, and vaccination drives increase, vehicle sales and the movement of vehicles on road will pick up pace. The increasing number of both passenger and commercial vehicles on road is expected to drive the growth of the regional market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the Air Filter Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The HVAC segment of the global air filter market is expected to grow steadily during the forecast period. Air filters play a crucial role in HVAC systems, and a major share of the energy cost and efficiency of HVAC systems is decided by factors like pressure losses through air filters. The demand and aftersales of air filters in the HVAC segment are increasing in sync with the growth of the HVAC industry and the growing focus on IAQ.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the air filter market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Air Filter Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 5.26%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 5.59 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 57%
Key consumer countries
China, US, Japan, Germany, and India
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
3M Co., Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj, Camfil AB, Cummins Inc., Daikin Industries Ltd., DENSO Corp., Donaldson Co. Inc., MAHLE GmbH, MANN+HUMMEL, and Parker Hannifin Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Air Filter Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive air filter market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the air filter market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the air filter industry across APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of air filter market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Industrial machinery
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 HVAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: HVAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: HVAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Industrial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Industrial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Industrial - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Automotive - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Automotive - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Automotive - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 24: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 38: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 42: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 43: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 45: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 46: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 47: Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 48: 3M Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 49: 3M Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 50: 3M Co. – Key news
- Exhibit 51: 3M Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: 3M Co. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 53: Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj - Segment focus
- Exhibit 57: Camfil AB - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Camfil AB - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Camfil AB - Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: Cummins Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Cummins Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Cummins Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: Cummins Inc. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 64: Daikin Industries Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Daikin Industries Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: Daikin Industries Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Daikin Industries Ltd. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 68: DENSO Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: DENSO Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: DENSO Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 71: DENSO Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: DENSO Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 73: Donaldson Co. Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Donaldson Co. Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: Donaldson Co. Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 76: Donaldson Co. Inc. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 77: MAHLE GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 78: MAHLE GmbH - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: MAHLE GmbH - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: MAHLE GmbH - Segment focus
- Exhibit 81: MANN+HUMMEL - Overview
- Exhibit 82: MANN+HUMMEL - Business segments
- Exhibit 83: MANN+HUMMEL - Key offerings
- Exhibit 84: MANN+HUMMEL - Segment focus
- Exhibit 85: Parker Hannifin Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 86: Parker Hannifin Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 87: Parker Hannifin Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 88: Parker Hannifin Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 89: Parker Hannifin Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.3 3M
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Introduction of new universal standards for air filters
- Rise in spending on green construction
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.