Air Purifier Market by Technology and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: May 2021
- Pages: 130
- SKU: IRTNTR40388
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The air purifier market share is expected to increase by USD 19.78 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 14.74%.
This air purifier market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers air purifier market segmentations by technology (HEPA, electrostatic precipitators, ionizers and ozone generators, and others) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA). The air purifier market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 3M Co., Daikin Industries Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., IQAir North America Inc., Koninklijke Philips NV, LG Electronics Inc., Panasonic Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Unilever Group, and Whirlpool Corp. among others.
What will the Air Purifier Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Air Purifier Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Air Purifier Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The technological innovation and portfolio extension leading to product premiumization is notably driving the air purifier market growth, although factors such as presence of counterfeit products may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the air purifier industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Air Purifier Market Driver
Technological innovation and portfolio extension leading to product premiumization is a major factor driving the global air purifier market share growth. The growing technological advances and innovations have changed customers preferences and demands, thus driving the demand for innovative products. This has forced the vendors in the market to constantly engage in innovation and R&D to succeed in the competitive market. The major innovations introduced in the market are in terms of technologies, performance, features, and designs. In addition, customers seek air purifiers that can perform multiple tasks with minimal resources. To meet such evolving customer needs, vendors are continuously widening their product portfolios. Moreover, with the growing purchasing power and rising disposable income, customers are gradually increasing their spending on air purifiers. This has propelled the demand for premium air purifiers, especially for residential applications. This growth in product premiumization and product line extension, coupled with the growing customer expenditure on air purifiers, will drive value sales in the global air purifier market during the forecast period.
Key Air Purifier Market Trend
The growing popularity of energy efficient air purifiers is another factor supporting the global air purifier market share growth. The preference for eco-friendly air purifiers over conventional air purifiers has been increasing as energy efficiency is becoming important for these appliances. The normal air purifiers that are operated continuously consume electricity even more than that of a new refrigerator. At the same time, energy-efficient air purifiers offer almost 40% energy savings. Most of the vendors in the market are now focusing on offering energy-efficient air purifiers. The government directives and regulatory agencies in the Americas and Europe have mandated energy rating norms. Several vendors in the market, such as 3M, Unilever, and Coway, offer energy-efficient air purifiers. New air purifiers in the market even have Energy Star ratings according to their energy consumption. This makes these air purifiers eco-friendly and economical. The preference for such energy-efficient air purifiers is expected to augment the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key Air Purifier Market Challenge
The rise in presence of counterfeit products will be a major challenge for global air purifiers market share growth during the forecast period. The growing market prospects of air purifiers and their surging demand have encouraged the entry of the manufacturers of counterfeit air purifiers into the market, especially in developing regions. The penetration of e-commerce is also facilitating the distribution, sales, and reach of counterfeit products. The relatively low price of counterfeit products is one of the factors that contribute to their demand. Hence, the availability of counterfeit products adversely affects the sales and pricing strategies of market vendors by diluting their market shares and damaging their reputation. To overcome these challenges, global vendors are compelled to lower the prices of their products, which reduces their profit margins. This also affects the value sales in the market. Established global vendors in the market are striving to penetrate developing markets, such as India and China, which have a significant presence of counterfeit products. Therefore, the presence of counterfeit products is expected to limit the growth of the market during the forecast period.
This air purifier market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global air purifier market as part of the global household appliances market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the air purifier market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Air Purifier Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 3M Co.
- Daikin Industries Ltd.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- IQAir North America Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Unilever Group
- Whirlpool Corp.
This statistical study of the air purifier market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The air purifier market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as strategic alliances with fellow competitors or vendors to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- 3M Co.- The company offers air filters such as Filtrete MPR 2800, Filtrete MPR 2200 Premium Allergen and Home Pollutants Air filters, Filtrete MPR1900, and others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The air purifier market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Air Purifier Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the air purifier market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global household appliances market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Air Purifier Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
43% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and Japan are the key markets for air purifier market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in all other regions.
The increased introduction of global brands and products in the market, the rising adoption of premium and technologically advanced air purifiers, the growing knowledge and awareness of air purifiers and their benefits and the development of the commercial sector will facilitate the air purifier market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, the outbreak of COVID-19 disrupted operations of industries. The governments of various countries in APAC imposed lockdowns to contain the spread of the disease. The manufacturing process of air purifiers was halted due to lockdowns in the first half of 2020. However, with the lifting of lockdowns, the sales of and demand for air purifiers have increased at hospitals, government agencies, and residential buildings across the region.
What are the Revenue-generating Technology Segments in the Air Purifier Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The air purifier market share growth by the HEPA segment will be significant during the forecast period. HEPA technology is gaining traction in the global air purifier market and is largely used in air purifiers for air filtration. HEPA filters are more reliable as they help in removing even the tiniest pollutant particles in the air.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the air purifier market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Air Purifier Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 14.74%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 19.78 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 43%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Japan, UK, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
3M Co., Daikin Industries Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., IQAir North America Inc., Koninklijke Philips NV, LG Electronics Inc., Panasonic Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Unilever Group, and Whirlpool Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Air Purifier Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive air purifier market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the air purifier market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the air purifier industry across APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of air purifier market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Household appliances
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Technology
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Technology - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Technology
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Technology
- 5.3 HEPA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: HEPA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: HEPA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Electrostatic precipitators - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Electrostatic precipitators - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Electrostatic precipitators - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Ionizers and ozone generators - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Ionizers and ozone generators - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Ionizers and ozone generators - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 24: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by Technology
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by Technology
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 42: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 45: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 46: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 3M Co.
- Exhibit 47: 3M Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 48: 3M Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 49: 3M Co. – Key news
- Exhibit 50: 3M Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 51: 3M Co. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Daikin Industries Ltd.
- Exhibit 52: Daikin Industries Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Daikin Industries Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 54: Daikin Industries Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 55: Daikin Industries Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Honeywell International Inc.
- Exhibit 56: Honeywell International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Honeywell International Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: Honeywell International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 59: Honeywell International Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.6 IQAir North America Inc.
- Exhibit 60: IQAir North America Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: IQAir North America Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 62: IQAir North America Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.7 Koninklijke Philips NV
- Exhibit 63: Koninklijke Philips NV - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Koninklijke Philips NV - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: Koninklijke Philips NV – Key news
- Exhibit 66: Koninklijke Philips NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Koninklijke Philips NV - Segment focus
- 10.8 LG Electronics Inc.
- Exhibit 68: LG Electronics Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: LG Electronics Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: LG Electronics Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 71: LG Electronics Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: LG Electronics Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Panasonic Corp.
- Exhibit 73: Panasonic Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Panasonic Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: Panasonic Corp – Key news
- Exhibit 76: Panasonic Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: Panasonic Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 78: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Unilever Group
- Exhibit 82: Unilever Group - Overview
- Exhibit 83: Unilever Group - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: Unilever Group - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: Unilever Group - Segment focus
- 10.12 Whirlpool Corp.
- Exhibit 86: Whirlpool Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 87: Whirlpool Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 88: Whirlpool Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 89: Whirlpool Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 90: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 91: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 92: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 93: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 94: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Technological innovation and portfolio extension leading to product premiumization
- Introduction of smart connected air purifiers
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.