Athleisure Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Jul 2021
- Pages: 123
- SKU: IRTNTR43576
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The athleisure market share is expected to increase by USD 153.02 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 7.08%.
This athleisure market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers athleisure market segmentations by product (mass athleisure and premium athleisure) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The athleisure market report also offers information on several market vendors, including adidas AG, ALALA, ALO LLC, American Eagle Outfitters Inc., Carbon38 Inc., Columbia Sportswear Co., EYSOM LLC, H and M Hennes and Mauritz AB, lululemon athletica Inc., and Michi Design Inc. among others.
What will the Athleisure Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Athleisure Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Athleisure Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the athleisure market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The growing prominence of online shopping is notably driving the athleisure market growth, although factors such as increasing competition from the unorganized sector may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Athleisure Market Driver
The growing prominence of online shopping is one of the key factors driving the global athleisure market growth. The online distribution channel, also known as e-commerce, is witnessing a higher growth rate than the offline distribution channel. With the growing trend of online retailing, especially in developing countries, sales of athleisure through this channel are expected to increase significantly during the forecast period. The online distribution channel allows vendors to offer a considerable amount of discount directly to customers, as it eliminates the costs associated with the operation of physical stores, employment of sales personnel, and physical merchandising of athleisure. Therefore, the online segment is expected to witness an incremental year-over-year growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Athleisure Market Trend
The rising popularity of denim athleisure is one of the major impacts of the global athleisure market growth. This is encouraging various denim manufacturers to incorporate athleisure designs into their products increasingly. The development saw a dramatic rise in demand for stretchable jeans that offer an athleisure look. Many manufacturers have adopted the stretchable jeans concept and are producing stretchy versions of the traditional jeans using elastane and lycra materials. For instance, AEO Management is a company that produces jeans according to the level of stretch customers require. Similarly, in 2019, Skykar launched a range of athleisure products called Gymijns. It provides four-way dynamic stretch, which makes it the first-ever denim that can be worn during workouts.
Key Athleisure Market Challenge
The increased presence of local and unorganized vendors hampers the growth of the global athleisure market. Local and unorganized vendors have become popular because of their competitive pricing. Cost-effective products offered by local and unorganized vendors have hampered revenue generated by major vendors. Local vendors are also occupying the shelf area of athleisure brands in superathleisure markets. Owing to the lack of brand loyalty, customers switch from one brand to another. The global athleisure market is highly fragmented because of the presence of several local, regional, and international vendors. This characteristic may impede the athleisure market growth.
This athleisure market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Athleisure Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global athleisure market as a part of the global apparel, accessories, and luxury goods market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Athleisure Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the global apparel, accessories, and luxury goods market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- adidas AG
- ALO LLC
- American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
- Carbon38 Inc.
- Columbia Sportswear Co.
- EYSOM LLC
- H and M Hennes and Mauritz AB
- lululemon athletica Inc.
- Michi Design Inc.
This statistical study of the athleisure market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The athleisure market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying various organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- adidas AG - The company offers premium sportswear athleisure products to all elite professional athletes and teams.
- ALALA - The company offers high-quality athleisure products for women, such as tanks, tees, long sleeves, shorts, and more.
- Columbia Sportswear Co. - The company offers athleisure products such as tops, bottoms, dresses and skrits, jackets, and more.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The athleisure market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Athleisure Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the athleisure market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global apparel, accessories, and luxury goods market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Athleisure Market?
For more insights on the athleisure market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
35% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key market for the athleisure market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
Increasing initiatives by corporate houses in opening gymnasiums and fitness centers within office premises are encouraging employees to choose athleisure wear for catering to both their casual and athletic wear requirements. These developments are driving the growth of the athleisure market in the region. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The athleisure market in North America was adversely affected in 2020 due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. This outbreak has created a frightening scenario across North America and influenced governments of several countries across the region to impose a total lockdown, which has led to the isolation of people in their homes.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Athleisure Market?
To gain further insights on the athleisure market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The athleisure market share growth by the mass athletisure segment will be significant during the forecast period. The rising demand for athleisure clothing among millennials across the world is one of the major factors driving the growth of this segment. Footwear and bottom wear are the major purchase categories in the mass athleisure segment, with demand mainly coming from female buyers.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the athleisure market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Athleisure Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 7.08%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 153.02 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 35%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, Japan, Germany, and China
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
adidas AG, ALALA, ALO LLC, American Eagle Outfitters Inc., Carbon38 Inc., Columbia Sportswear Co., EYSOM LLC, H and M Hennes and Mauritz AB, lululemon athletica Inc., and Michi Design Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Athleisure Market Report?
- CAGR of the athleisure market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive athleisure market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the athleisure market size and its contribution to the parent athleisure market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of athleisure market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Apparel, accessories, and luxury goods
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Mass athleisure - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Mass athleisure - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Mass athleisure - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Premium athleisure - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Premium athleisure - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Premium athleisure - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Customer landscape
- Exhibit 22: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 adidas AG
- Exhibit 43: adidas AG - Overview
- Exhibit 44: adidas AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: adidas AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 46: adidas AG - Segment focus
- 10.4 ALALA
- Exhibit 47: ALALA - Overview
- Exhibit 48: ALALA - Product and service
- Exhibit 49: ALALA - Key offerings
- 10.5 ALO LLC
- Exhibit 50: ALO LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 51: ALO LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: ALO LLC - Key offerings
- 10.6 American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
- Exhibit 53: American Eagle Outfitters Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: American Eagle Outfitters Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: American Eagle Outfitters Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: American Eagle Outfitters Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Carbon38 Inc.
- Exhibit 57: Carbon38 Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Carbon38 Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Carbon38 Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.8 Columbia Sportswear Co.
- Exhibit 60: Columbia Sportswear Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Columbia Sportswear Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Columbia Sportswear Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: Columbia Sportswear Co. - Segment focus
- 10.9 EYSOM LLC
- Exhibit 64: EYSOM LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 65: EYSOM LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: EYSOM LLC - Key offerings
- 10.10 H and M Hennes and Mauritz AB
- Exhibit 67: H and M Hennes and Mauritz AB - Overview
- Exhibit 68: H and M Hennes and Mauritz AB - Business segments
- Exhibit 69: H and M Hennes and Mauritz AB - Key offerings
- Exhibit 70: H and M Hennes and Mauritz AB - Segment focus
- 10.11 lululemon athletica Inc.
- Exhibit 71: lululemon athletica Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: lululemon athletica Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 73: lululemon athletica Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: lululemon athletica Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Michi Design Inc.
- Exhibit 75: Michi Design Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Michi Design Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 77: Michi Design Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 78: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 79: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 80: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 81: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 82: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- growing prominence of online shopping
- Rising popularity of denim athleisure
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts