Biosimulation Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jul 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43362
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The biosimulation market share is expected to increase by USD 2.09 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 13.17%.
This biosimulation market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers biosimulation market segmentation by end user (pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, contract research organizations, and others) and geography (North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW). The biosimulation market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Cellworks Group Inc., Certara Inc., Chemical Computing Group ULC, Dassault Systemes SE, INOSIM Software GmbH, Insilico Biotechnology AG, LifeTec Group, Nuventra Pharma Sciences, Rosa & Co. LLC, and Simulations Plus Inc. among others.
What will the Biosimulation Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Biosimulation Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Biosimulation Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The increase in research funding and grants is notably driving the biosimulation market growth, although factors such as misconceptions about computer system validation may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the biosimulation industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Biosimulation Market Driver
A major factor that drives the growth of the global biosimulation market is the strong research funding in the field of computational biology that includes modeling and simulation. Many public and private stakeholders across the globe are investing in this field to develop therapies for the treatment of complex diseases. Regulatory bodies such as the FDA, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the EU are in the process of granting research funds to companies and academic institutes to explore new opportunities in modeling and simulation. For instance, in October 2014, Certara, received the FDA Office of Generic Drugs (OGD) grant to develop and validate its Simcyp Simulator s mechanistic dermal absorption model, MechDermA. This grant has further enabled Certara to enhance its PBPK modeling and simulation platform to evaluate the bioequivalence of drugs absorbed through the skin. Similarly, in November 2018, the FDA provided Certara with two new dermal virtual bioequivalence grants to enhance the drug performance in in-silico studies. In October 2017, the NIH announced the Simulation Modeling and Systems Science program to address health disparities and improve health for all Americans. The main purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) was to support the collaborative research that focuses on developing and identifying simulation modeling and systems science to understand health disparities.Such a focus on drug development is anticipated to fuel the demand for biosimulation software to test the effectiveness of vaccines and drugs within a significantly short period of time.
Key Biosimulation Market Trend
One of the recent trends in the global biosimulation market is the increasing number of FDA-approved manufacturing facilities in emerging markets. China and India have a large number of CROs in the pharmaceutical industry. India, with approximately 400 FDA-approved manufacturing facilities, is one of the most preferred countries for the outsourcing of pharmaceutical manufacturing services. The country has approximately 230 approved active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) facilities and 150 finished dosage form (FDF) facilities. India also holds the second-highest number of facilities for formulations, with approximately 147 in the country. The market is also witnessing an increase in the approval of manufacturing facilities in emerging countries such as China, Mexico, and Brazil. However, China has witnessed a significant change since the country s State Council allowed drug Marketing Authorization Holders (MAH) to use third-party licensed manufacturers in most parts of the country. As a result, the country has witnessed an increase in the number of FDA-approved facilities. Various foreign pharmaceutical companies are outsourcing the manufacture of drugs to the CROs in the country, which is increasing the popularity of CROs and the adoption of modeling and biosimulation. This is expected to encourage pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to outsource their comprehensive or partial drug research and development activities to the companies in China, which will propel the growth of the market in the country during the forecast period.
Key Biosimulation Market Challenge
Misconceptions about computer system validation are a major hindrance to the biosimulation market growth. The failure to perform computer system validation for the software functionality that an individual intends to use, with data sets that an individual expects to use, can cause a user to fail to discover that a computer system provides inaccurate results.Computer system validation (CSV) is the documented evidence that a computer system generates. There are several regulations and guidelines that feature the requirements for CSV (21 CFR Part 11 is an example). At times, users do not validate the computer system thinking it would have been previously done by the vendor who provided it. The computer system, along with the servers and workstations, interfaces with other computer systems, network and operating system environment, and policies/standard operating procedures need to be validated by the user before the commencement of the testing process. Also, at times, users ignore the validation considering that it takes a long time, consumes lots of resources, and is difficult. Such instances can result in inefficient and ineffective results, which can further cause wrong drug formulations and loss to the other stakeholders. Such instances are limiting the usage of biosimulation software and services.
This biosimulation market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global biosimulation market as a part of the healthcare technology segment, which, in turn, is a part of the global healthcare market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the biosimulation market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Biosimulation Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Cellworks Group Inc.
- Certara Inc.
- Chemical Computing Group ULC
- Dassault Systemes SE
- INOSIM Software GmbH
- Insilico Biotechnology AG
- LifeTec Group
- Nuventra Pharma Sciences
- Rosa & Co. LLC
- Simulations Plus Inc.
This statistical study of the biosimulation market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The biosimulation market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The biosimulation market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Biosimulation Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the biosimulation market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of healthcare technology includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Biosimulation Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
48% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for the biosimulation market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
An increase in M&A activities will facilitate the biosimulation market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
A rise in the number of COVID-19 cases in the first quarter of 2021 led to partial lockdowns in several countries, including Canada and Mexico. Thus, various non-urgent pharmaceutical and associated operations were either carried out in limited capacities or were completely suspended as per regional guidelines. Some scheduled preclinical studies were either delayed or postponed. Instead, operations focused on developing vaccines and therapeutics for COVID-19, which compensated for the decline in the growth of the biosimulation market in 2020 and Q1 2021 to a substantial extent. However, by January 2021, lockdown restrictions in various countries were somewhat relaxed, which helped in the resumption of business activities. The resumption of various preclinical studies and pharmaceutical operations will drive the demand for biosimulation in North America during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the Biosimulation Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The biosimulation market share growth in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology will be significant during the forecast period. The increased focus of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies on applications such as high-content screening (HCS) and the use of biosimulation software and services for drug discovery and development are driving the growth of this segment. Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies are primarily involved in the discovery and development of drugs to treat complex diseases and are increasingly opting for biosimulation techniques to identify drug targets. Pharmaceutical companies are increasingly focusing on and investing in therapeutic approaches in the drug industry to create a complete set of disease and population models of pathophysiology for each therapeutic field.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the biosimulation market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Biosimulation Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 13.17%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 2.09 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
Performing market contribution
North America at 48%
Key consumer countries
US, Canada, Germany, UK, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Cellworks Group Inc., Certara Inc., Chemical Computing Group ULC, Dassault Systemes SE, INOSIM Software GmbH, Insilico Biotechnology AG, LifeTec Group, Nuventra Pharma Sciences, Rosa & Co. LLC, and Simulations Plus Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Biosimulation Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive biosimulation market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the biosimulation market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the biosimulation industry across North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of biosimulation market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Healthcare technology
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Contract research organizations - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Contract research organizations - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Contract research organizations - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: Asia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Cellworks Group Inc.
- Exhibit 43: Cellworks Group Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Cellworks Group Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: Cellworks Group Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.4 Certara Inc.
- Exhibit 46: Certara Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 47: Certara Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 48: Certara Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 49: Certara Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Chemical Computing Group ULC
- Exhibit 50: Chemical Computing Group ULC - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Chemical Computing Group ULC - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: Chemical Computing Group ULC - Key offerings
- 10.6 Dassault Systemes SE
- Exhibit 53: Dassault Systemes SE - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Dassault Systemes SE - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: Dassault Systemes SE - Key news
- Exhibit 56: Dassault Systemes SE - Key offerings
- 10.7 INOSIM Software GmbH
- Exhibit 57: INOSIM Software GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 58: INOSIM Software GmbH - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: INOSIM Software GmbH - Key offerings
- 10.8 Insilico Biotechnology AG
- Exhibit 60: Insilico Biotechnology AG - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Insilico Biotechnology AG - Product and service
- Exhibit 62: Insilico Biotechnology AG - Key offerings
- 10.9 LifeTec Group
- Exhibit 63: LifeTec Group - Overview
- Exhibit 64: LifeTec Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 65: LifeTec Group - Key offerings
- 10.10 Nuventra Pharma Sciences
- Exhibit 66: Nuventra Pharma Sciences - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Nuventra Pharma Sciences - Product and service
- Exhibit 68: Nuventra Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 69: Nuventra Pharma Sciences - Key offerings
- 10.11 Rosa & Co. LLC
- Exhibit 70: Rosa & Co. LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Rosa & Co. LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 72: Rosa & Co. LLC - Key offerings
- 10.12 Simulations Plus Inc.
- Exhibit 73: Simulations Plus Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Simulations Plus Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 75: Simulations Plus Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 76: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 77: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 78: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 79: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 80: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increase in research funding and grants
- Implementation of big data using mathematical models and simulation for drug discovery
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts