Dental CAD-CAM Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: May 2021
- Pages: 118
- SKU: IRTNTR40889
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The dental CAD-CAM market share is expected to increase by USD 422.68 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 8.6%.
This dental CAD-CAM market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers dental CAD-CAM market segmentation by product (dental practices CAD-CAM systems and dental laboratories CAD-CAM systems) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, and South America). The dental CAD-CAM market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 3Shape AS, Align Technology Inc., Danaher Corp., DATRON AG, DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc., Hexagon AB, KaVo Dental GmbH, Planmeca Oy, Straumann Holding AG, and Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. among others.
What will the Dental CAD-CAM Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Dental CAD-CAM Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Dental CAD-CAM Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The high demand for dental cosmetic surgeries is notably driving the dental CAD-CAM market growth, although factors such as the high maintenance and implementation cost of CAD-CAM systems may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the dental CAD-CAM industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Dental CAD-CAM Market Driver
The surging demand for dental cosmetic surgeries is a major factor driving the global dental CAD-CAM market share growth. There is a significant increase in the revenue spent on cosmetic dentistry. Whitening is the most sought-after procedure, while veneers, tooth-colored inlays, tooth-colored on lays, tooth-colored crowns, and bonding are the top five contributors to the cosmetic surgery segment. With the increasing geriatric population, the demand for dental cosmetic surgeries will increase further over the forecast period, driving the market growth.
Key Dental CAD-CAM Market Trend
The extensive use of intra-oral scanners and open architecture solutions is another factor supporting the global dental CAD-CAM market share growth. It has been noted that most dental CAD/CAM system manufacturers are shifting toward open architecture as the software can be used in collaboration with any milling unit. Since there is a large variety of intra-oral scanners in the market, most scanner manufacturers are providing open-architecture software to offer users the freedom to choose their milling centers. Therefore, Technavio expects this to fuel the demand for dental CAD-CAM systems.
Key Dental CAD-CAM Market Challenge
The high maintenance and implementation cost of CAD-CAM systems will be a major challenge for the global dental CAD-CAM market share growth during the forecast period. Installation of dental CAD-CAM systems and related accessories in labs and clinics requires a huge amount of investment. The initial investments in dental CAD-CAM systems are around $50,000 to $65,000. Moreover, the systems require maintenance at regular intervals, which significantly adds to the overall cost of ownership. Related accessories are also expensive. Many regional dentists and small hospitals consider these systems a luxury and stick to conventional physical impression methods to get their job done. Also, companies developing these systems invest huge capital and hence expect returns through selling or renting these systems at high rates. In addition, with the low presence of vendors offering dental CAD-CAM solutions, the bargaining power of buyers reduces further. Such obstacles will hinder the growth of the market.
This dental CAD-CAM market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global dental CAD-CAM market as part of the global application software market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the dental CAD-CAM market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Dental CAD-CAM Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 3Shape AS
- Align Technology Inc.
- Danaher Corp.
- DATRON AG
- DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc.
- Hexagon AB
- KaVo Dental GmbH
- Planmeca Oy
- Straumann Holding AG
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
This statistical study of the dental CAD-CAM market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The dental CAD-CAM market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as differentiating their products in terms of quality, distribution network, and convenience to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- 3Shape AS - The company offers a range of CAD and CAM software such as TRIOS Design Studio, Splint Studio, TRIOS Smile Design, TRIOS Patient Monitoring, Clear Aligner Studio, Indirect Bonding Studio, Orthodontic Planner, Implant Studio, and others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The dental CAD-CAM market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Dental CAD-CAM Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the dental CAD-CAM market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
Which are the Key Regions for Dental CAD-CAM Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
38% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key market for dental CAD-CAM in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in other regions.
The advanced healthcare infrastructure, high level of awareness among patients, reliable and robust reimbursement framework, and high prevalence of dental caries in countries such as the US and Canada will facilitate the dental CAD-CAM market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Dental CAD-CAM Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The dental CAD-CAM market share growth by the dental practices CAD-CAM systems segment will be significant for the blockchain technology market during the forecast period. The rise in edentulous population worldwide, increase in cases of dental caries among all age groups, growth in awareness of the importance of oral health, and rise in demand for customized solutions as per end-use applications within a minimal time frame are factors that will boost the market growth. The rise in the number of dental service organizations (DSOs) is further boosting the dental CAD-CAM market by this segment.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the dental CAD-CAM market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Dental CAD-CAM Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 8.6%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 422.68 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 38%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, Italy, South Korea (Republic of Korea), and China
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
3Shape AS, Align Technology Inc., Danaher Corp., DATRON AG, DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc., Hexagon AB, KaVo Dental GmbH, Planmeca Oy, Straumann Holding AG, and Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Dental CAD-CAM Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive dental CAD-CAM market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the dental CAD-CAM market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the dental CAD-CAM industry across North America, Europe, APAC, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of dental CAD-CAM market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Application software
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Dental practice CAD-CAM systems - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Dental practice CAD-CAM systems - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Dental practice CAD-CAM systems - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Dental laboratory CAD-CAM systems - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Dental laboratory CAD-CAM systems - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Dental laboratory CAD-CAM systems - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Asia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 33: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 34: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 35: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 36: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 37: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 38: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 39: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 40: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 3Shape AS
- Exhibit 41: 3Shape AS - Overview
- Exhibit 42: 3Shape AS - Product and service
- Exhibit 43: 3Shape AS - Key offerings
- 10.4 Align Technology Inc.
- Exhibit 44: Align Technology Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 45: Align Technology Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 46: Align Technology Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 47: Align Technology Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 48: Align Technology Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Danaher Corp.
- 10.6 DATRON AG
- Exhibit 53: DATRON AG - Overview
- Exhibit 54: DATRON AG - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: DATRON AG - Key offerings
- 10.7 DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc.
- Exhibit 56: DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 59: DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Hexagon AB
- Exhibit 61: Hexagon AB - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Hexagon AB - Business segments
- Exhibit 63: Hexagon AB - Key news
- Exhibit 64: Hexagon AB - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: Hexagon AB - Segment focus
- 10.9 Jensen Dental
- Exhibit 66: Jensen Dental - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Jensen Dental - Product and service
- Exhibit 68: Jensen Dental - Key offerings
- 10.10 Planmeca Group
- Exhibit 69: Planmeca Group - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Planmeca Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Planmeca Group - Key offerings
- 10.11 Straumann Holding AG
- Exhibit 72: Straumann Holding AG - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Straumann Holding AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: Straumann Holding AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 75: Straumann Holding AG - Segment focus
- 10.12 Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
- Exhibit 76: Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 78: Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 79: Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 80: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 81: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 82: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 83: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 84: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- high demand for dental cosmetic surgeries
- Use of intraoral scanners and open architecture solutions
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts