Intraoral Scanners Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 117
- SKU: IRTNTR43719
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The intraoral scanners market share is expected to increase by USD 541.11 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 11.59%.
This intraoral scanners market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers intraoral scanners market segmentations by end-user (dental clinics and hospitals) and geography (North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW). The intraoral scanners market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 3Shape AS, Align Technology Inc., Carestream Dental LLC, Condor Technologies NV, Denterprise International Inc., Glidewell Laboratories, Medit Corp., Midmark Corp., Shining 3D Tech Co. Ltd, and Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. among others.
What will the Intraoral Scanners Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Intraoral Scanners Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Intraoral Scanners Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing accuracy and productivity of intraoral scanners with advanced technologies is notably driving the intraoral scanners market growth, although factors such as high cost burden may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the intraoral scanners market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Intraoral Scanners Market Driver
The increasing accuracy and productivity of intraoral scanners with advanced technologies is a major factor driving the global intraoral scanners market share growth. Dentists, laboratory technicians, and patients are shifting toward digital processes, which ensure more precise restorative outcomes and highly effective patient treatment. This digitization is also making communication between dentists, laboratory technicians, and patients faster. It helps in reducing the overall time required for dental procedures. The CAD/CAM technology has a significant impact on the global intraoral scanners market. This technology helps in the production of superior-quality dental implants with accurate measurements. It also allows customization and precise alignment of implants according to patients' oral anatomy. This reduces the recovery period and makes the procedure less invasive. Based on 3D imaging techniques, the jaw and bone anatomy of patients are analyzed and evaluated. The dental implants are selected and customized based on the density and quality of bone. The digitization of dentistry has increased the accuracy of dental procedures and decreased their duration, leading to the increased productivity of dentists. Essentially, such reasons will continue to enhance the demand for intraoral scanners.
Key Intraoral Scanners Market Trend
The increasing dental tourism is another factor supporting the global intraoral scanners market share growth. The demand for dental tourism has been increasing globally, with no shortage of destinations. It is estimated that individuals with dental conditions can save up to 70%-75% of the cost by visiting dental clinics abroad. Mexico, Thailand, Spain, Turkey, Dubai, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Bali are among the most famous destinations for dental tourism. In the developed countries of North America and Europe, dental care is expensive, especially for extensive reconstructive and cosmetic procedures. Dental tourism to other countries allows patients to avail cost-effective and high-quality dental care. Dental tourism also attracts business travelers as well as incidental travelers with dental conditions. People who opt for dental tourism mostly prefer dental clinics with high-quality infrastructure. As a result, most clinics, which offer services for dental tourists, have started procuring advanced dental care equipment, such as CBCT, robotic platforms for dentistry, digital X-rays, and dental care microscopes and scanners. Therefore, dental tourism can increase the demand for intraoral scanners, which, in turn, can drive the growth of the global intraoral scanners market during the forecast period.
Key Intraoral Scanners Market Challenge
The high cost burden will be a major challenge for global intraoral scanners market share growth during the forecast period. Intraoral scanners help in the scanning of oral anatomy to provide better treatment options in terms of prostheses or oral supporting structures. However, these scanners are expensive. The cost of the scanning procedure can further increase depending on the required treatment and the nature of the procedure. Furthermore, dental insurance does not cover most of the diagnostic procedures for dental conditions. Moreover, it has been reported that many American families have skipped visits to the dentist due to the high cost. The burden of cost is not limited to the consumers or patients; manufacturers are equally affected by this issue. The capital investment required for the production of the intraoral scanners is immense, which makes the new entrants hesitant about entering the market. The lack of transparency in the cost of dental procedures also poses a challenge for market growth. This increases the out-of-pocket expenditure for patients, as they remain unaware of the actual cost of the dental procedures. In essence, such obstacles will continue to hinder the growth of the market in the forecast period.
This intraoral scanners market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global intraoral scanners market as part of the global healthcare equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the intraoral scanners market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Intraoral Scanners Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 3Shape AS
- Align Technology Inc.
- Carestream Dental LLC
- Condor Technologies NV
- Denterprise International Inc.
- Glidewell Laboratories
- Medit Corp.
- Midmark Corp.
- Shining 3D Tech Co. Ltd
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
This statistical study of the intraoral scanners market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The intraoral scanners market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- 3Shape AS- The company offers intraoral scanner under the brand name TRIOS.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The intraoral scanners market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Intraoral Scanners Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the intraoral scanners market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global healthcare equipment market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for the Intraoral Scanners Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
35% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US and Canada are the key markets for intraoral scanners in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in Europe.
The rising incidence of oral conditions will facilitate the intraoral scanners market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the Intraoral Scanners Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The intraoral scanners market share growth by the dental clinics segment will be significant during the forecast period. Dental clinics are the fastest growing segment within the overall market. With the increasing demand for personalized care and the ease of access to these clinics, the number of dental clinics is increasing rapidly. Additionally, many dental clinics are focusing on the use of modern IT solutions in day-to-day practice for increased patient satisfaction and more efficient operations. Moreover, the expanding reach of mobile dental clinics is also expected to drive market growth in the forecast period.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in the demand for intraoral scanners. Several dental clinics were shut down globally as elective surgical procedures were canceled owing to the outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020. This led to a reduction in the adoption of intraoral scanners across the world. Additionally, lockdowns and restrictions on business and transportation activities caused the closure of manufacturing units and affected various offline distributors of intraoral scanners. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the intraoral scanners market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Intraoral Scanners Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 11.59%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 541.11 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
Performing market contribution
North America at 35%
Key consumer countries
US, Canada, Germany, UK, France, China, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
3Shape AS, Align Technology Inc., Carestream Dental LLC, Condor Technologies NV, Denterprise International Inc., Glidewell Laboratories, Medit Corp., Midmark Corp., Shining 3D Tech Co. Ltd, and Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Intraoral Scanners Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive intraoral scanners market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the intraoral scanners market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the intraoral scanners market industry across North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of intraoral scanners market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis : Healthcare equipment
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Dental clinics - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Dental clinics - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Dental clinics - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Hospitals - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Hospitals - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Hospitals - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Asia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 33: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 34: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 35: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 36: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 37: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 38: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive Scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 39: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 40: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 3Shape AS
- Exhibit 41: 3Shape AS - Overview
- Exhibit 42: 3Shape AS - Product and service
- Exhibit 43: 3Shape AS - Key news
- Exhibit 44: 3Shape AS - Key offerings
- 10.4 Align Technology Inc.
- Exhibit 45: Align Technology Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 46: Align Technology Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 47: Align Technology Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 48: Align Technology Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 49: Align Technology Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Carestream Dental LLC
- 10.6 Condor Technologies NV
- Exhibit 54: Condor Technologies NV - Overview
- Exhibit 55: Condor Technologies NV - Product and service
- Exhibit 56: Condor Technologies NV - Key offerings
- 10.7 Denterprise International Inc.
- Exhibit 57: Denterprise International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Denterprise International Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Denterprise International Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.8 Glidewell Laboratories
- Exhibit 60: Glidewell Laboratories - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Glidewell Laboratories - Product and service
- Exhibit 62: Glidewell Laboratories - Key offerings
- 10.9 Medit Corp.
- Exhibit 63: Medit Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Medit Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 65: Medit Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 66: Medit Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.10 Midmark Corp.
- Exhibit 67: Midmark Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Midmark Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 69: Midmark Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 70: Midmark Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Shining 3D Tech Co. Ltd
- Exhibit 71: Shining 3D Tech Co. Ltd - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Shining 3D Tech Co. Ltd - Product and service
- Exhibit 73: Shining 3D Tech Co. Ltd - Key news
- Exhibit 74: Shining 3D Tech Co. Ltd - Key offerings
- 10.12 Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
- Exhibit 75: Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion
- Exhibit 79: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 80: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 81: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 82: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 83: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing accuracy and productivity of intraoral scanners with advanced technologies
- Increasing dental tourism
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts