Face Cream Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44219
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The face cream market share is expected to increase by USD 7.89 bn from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.15%.
This face cream market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers face cream market segmentations by product (anti-aging cream, skin whitening, sun protection cream, moisturizer, and anti-acne cream) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The face cream market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Amorepacific Group, Amway Corp., Beiersdorf AG, Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd., Kao Corp., Lotus Herbals Pvt. Ltd., Oriflame Holding AG, Shiseido Co. Ltd., The Body Shop International Ltd., and The Natures Co. among others.
What will the Face Cream Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Face Cream Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Face Cream Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The rising demand for natural and organic face creams is notably driving the face cream market growth, although factors such as may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the face cream market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Face Cream Market Driver
Increased availability of specialized face creams is the major driver influencing the face cream market growth. Specialized face creams to address specific skin concerns, such as skin whitening, anti-aging, acne treatment, and blemish removal, have become popular. Vendors such as The Nature's Co. offers specialized face care products such as SANDALWOOD-TURMERIC ANTI BLEMISH CREAM, FUCUS ANTI-AGEING CREAM, GARLIC ANTI - ACNE CREAM, and ASIATIC CENTELLA ANTI WRINKLE CREAM, that offer solutions for specific skin types and textures. Procter & Gamble offers a range of face creams for diverse applications such as skin nourishment, wrinkle treatment, removal of dark circles and blemishes, moisturizing and oil removal, and skin whitening under its brand, Olay.Willingness to spend on specialized beauty care products, especially in countries such as the US and India has encouraged vendors to introduce specialized face creams as premium products. This popularity of premium specialized face creams is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
Key Face Cream Market Trend
Rising emphasis on product personalization and customization is the key trend influencing the face cream market growth. Many manufacturers emphasize product personalization and customization to differentiate their face cream products. These vendors maintain an interactive relationship with customers through their websites and offline feedback mechanisms, and design products specific to consumer requirements. For instance, CR?MBAR offers a range of handcrafted la carte facial creams that provide consumers the opportunity to customize their product. The company lets its customers convey their product requirements such as the desired ingredients to be used in the product through a questionnaire tool, post which the face cream is designed and shipped. Owing to the rapid increase in the availability of face cream products worldwide, vendors are expected to continue to adopt product personalization techniques to gain a competitive advantage.
Key Face Cream Market Challenge
The rising challenge from counterfeit products is the major hindrance influencing the face cream market growth. The preference for gel-based and serum-based variants of facial care products, especially in countries with tropical climates, such as India and China, is a stalemate for the market. Facial care gels and serums offered by Procter & Gamble, L'Oréal, and The Estée Lauder Companies suit people with oily skin. They also serve as a light moisturizer in warm weather conditions. Cream-based products generally have an emollient base and are suitable for drier skin types. The difference in consistency and ease of application of gel- and serum-based products also make them viable alternates in facial care. Overall, the growing popularity of alternatives to face creams is expected to challenge the market growth during the forecast period.
This face cream market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global face cream market as a part of the global personal products market within the global household and personal products market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the face cream market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Face Cream Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Amorepacific Group
- Amway Corp.
- Beiersdorf AG
- Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd.
- Kao Corp.
- Lotus Herbals Pvt. Ltd.
- Oriflame Holding AG
- Shiseido Co. Ltd.
- The Body Shop International Ltd.
- The Natures Co.
This statistical study of the face cream market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The face cream market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The face cream market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Face Cream Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the face cream market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global household and personal products market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Face Cream Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
52% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, Japan, and South Korea (Republic of Korea) are the key markets for face cream in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
Increased availability of specialized face creams will facilitate the face cream market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Face Cream Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The face cream market share growth by the anti-aging cream segment has been significant. This report provides insights on the impact of the unprecedented outbreak of COVID-19 on market segments. Through these insights, you can safely deduce transformation patterns in consumer behavior, which is crucial to gauge segment-wise revenue growth during 2021-2025 and embrace technologies to improve business efficiency.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the face cream market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Face Cream Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.15%
Market growth 2021-2025
USD 7.89 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 52%
Key consumer countries
China, US, Germany, Japan, and South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Amorepacific Group, Amway Corp., Beiersdorf AG, Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd., Kao Corp., Lotus Herbals Pvt. Ltd., Oriflame Holding AG, Shiseido Co. Ltd., The Body Shop International Ltd., and The Natures Co.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Face Cream Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive face cream market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the face cream market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the face cream market industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of face cream market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Global personal products market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Anti-aging cream - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Anti-aging cream - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Anti-aging cream - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Skin whitening and sun protection cream - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Skin whitening and sun protection cream - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Skin whitening and sun protection cream - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Moisturizer and anti-acne cream - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Moisturizer and anti-acne cream - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Moisturizer and anti-acne cream - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 40: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 43: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 44: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Amorepacific Group
- Exhibit 45: Amorepacific Group - Overview
- Exhibit 46: Amorepacific Group - Business segments
- Exhibit 47: Amorepacific Group - Key offerings
- Exhibit 48: Amorepacific Group - Segment focus
- 10.4 Amway Corp.
- 10.5 Beiersdorf AG
- Exhibit 53: Beiersdorf AG - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Beiersdorf AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: Beiersdorf AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: Beiersdorf AG - Segment focus
- 10.6 Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd.
- Exhibit 57: Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.7 Kao Corp.
- Exhibit 60: Kao Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Kao Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Kao Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: Kao Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Lotus Herbals Pvt. Ltd.
- Exhibit 64: Lotus Herbals Pvt. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Lotus Herbals Pvt. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: Lotus Herbals Pvt. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Oriflame Holding AG
- Exhibit 67: Oriflame Holding AG - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Oriflame Holding AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 69: Oriflame Holding AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 70: Oriflame Holding AG - Segment focus
- 10.10 Shiseido Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 71: Shiseido Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Shiseido Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 73: Shiseido Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: Shiseido Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.11 The Body Shop International Ltd.
- Exhibit 75: The Body Shop International Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: The Body Shop International Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 77: The Body Shop International Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.12 The Natures Co.
- Exhibit 78: The Natures Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: The Natures Co. - Product and service
- Exhibit 80: The Natures Co. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 81: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 82: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 83: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 84: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 85: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- Rising demand for natural and organic face creams
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.