Hair Dryer Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 131
- SKU: IRTNTR44076
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Based on Technavio's market sizing methodology, the hair dryer market size is predicted to surge to USD 1.46 billion from 2021 to 2025 at a CAGR of 4.36%.
This hair dryer market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. The hairdryer market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Beauty by Imagination Inc., Conair Corp., Coty Inc., Dyson Ltd., Havells India Ltd., Koninklijke Philips NV, MacAndrews and Forbes Inc., Orchids International, Panasonic Corp., and Skyline Home Appliances among others.
This report further entails hair dryer market segmentations, including:
- Product - Corded hairdryers and cordless hair dryers
- End-user - Professional usage and individual usage
- Geography - APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
What will the Hair Dryer Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Hair Dryer Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Hair Dryer Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing demand for low-cost hair dryers is notably driving the hairdryer market growth, although factors such as a fragmented market with slow industry growth may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the hair dryer industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Hair Dryer Market Driver
The increasing demand for low-cost hair dryers is one of the key factors driving growth in the global hair dryers market. With technology and innovation in manufacturing techniques, several small players are manufacturing hair dryers at low costs. The performance delivered by these hair dryers is comparable to that of branded hair dryers. These low-cost hair dryers are predominantly found in drug stores and on e-commerce websites. Moreover, the conditioner uses ceramic tourmaline technology to dry hair. Ceramic dryers emit non-damaging infrared heat and negative irons to dry the hair without any damage. Similarly, Remington Damage Control Ceramic Hair Dryer is sold at $17 and uses a grill-infused with micro-conditioners to dry the hair. Low-cost dryers are mostly used by individual users rather than professionals. Therefore, the increasing number of low-cost hairdryers with better performance will be a significant driver for the hairdryer market during the forecast period.
Key Hair Dryer Market Trend
The growing popularity of tourmaline hair dryers is one of the key hair dryer market trends fueling market growth. Tourmaline is a semiprecious gemstone, which possesses natural ionic and infrared properties. It is used in flat irons, curling irons, and hair dryers. However, it is specifically beneficial in hair dryers because it emits negative ions that cause the water molecules in the hair to divide and evaporate faster. This saves time and energy. Also, the negative ions and infrared heat from tourmaline hair dryers lock the hair cuticles and retain the moisture in the hair for shinier results. Tourmaline hair dryers are suitable for all hair types. These are also lighter in weight. Owing to these advantages, tourmaline hair dryers are gaining popularity among consumers. Manufacturers are also coming up with more models of tourmaline hair dryers in all price ranges. Therefore, the rising popularity of tourmaline hair dryers will contribute to the growth of the market in focus.
Key Hair Dryer Market Challenge
A fragmented market with slow industry growth is a major challenge for the global hair dryer market's growth. The global hair dryer market is highly fragmented and unorganized, with a few global and many local players. Market fragmentation leads to price competition among the vendors. Global players like Conair, Dyson, and Koninklijke Philips NV are competing based on product innovation and differentiation. However, these major players face challenges from local players in nascent and emerging markets. On the other hand, the local players find it hard to penetrate the global market due to the strong presence of global players. Moreover, the global hair dryer market has reached its maturity stage, especially in developed countries like the US, Germany, France, Canada, South Korea, and Italy. The slower growth rate is due to the early penetration of hair dryers into these markets. Also, the replacement rate for hair dryers is very low since the average lifespan of a hair dryer is around 2 to 4 years. These factors restrict the growth opportunity for vendors in developed countries.
This hair dryer market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
The growth in the global household appliances market will be driven by factors such as the rise in disposable income of consumers, user-friendliness, convenience, and multifunctionality, technology advances and innovation leading to product premiumization, and increased adoption of integrated smart home technology. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the hair dryer market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Hair Dryer Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Beauty by Imagination Inc.
- Conair Corp.
- Coty Inc.
- Dyson Ltd.
- Havells India Ltd.
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- MacAndrews and Forbes Inc.
- Orchids International
- Panasonic Corp.
- Skyline Home Appliances
This statistical study of the hair dryer market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The hair dryer market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as offering a wide variety of high-quality hair dryers to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Beauty by Imagination Inc. - The company offers a wide range of hair dryers under the brand Bio Ionic. A few of the products include PowerLight Pro-Dryer, Graphene MX Dryer, and GoldPro Travel Dryer, among others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The hair dryer market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Hair Dryer Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the hair dryer market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chains is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the household appliances market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Hair Dryer Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
38% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and Japan are the key markets for hair dryers in APAC. Market growth in APAC will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The increasing demand for low-cost hair dryers and the expansion of professional hair salons and spas will facilitate the hair dryer market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The temporary closure of salons hindered the growth of the market in focus in 2020. However, in 2021, the initiation of large-scale vaccination drives?has lifted the lockdown and travel restrictions, which led to the resumption of supply chain activities. Such factors are expected to drive the hair dryer market growth during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Hair Dryer Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The hair dryer market share growth by the corded hair dryers segment will be significant during the forecast period. Corded hair dryers are still gaining traction owing to the factors such as product innovation and design, low cost, lightweight, better results, and less time and power consumption. The lightweight and long cord hair dryers are the major innovations in the global hair dryer market. Some of the factors driving the growth of the corded hair dryers segment are the design and heating elements used. Manufacturers are introducing sleek designs to attract young consumers as these are the major target for the hair dryers market. In the aspect of heating elements used, tourmaline technology is the recent attraction among consumers.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the hair dryer market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Hair Dryer Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.36%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 1.46 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 38%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Japan, Germany, and Brazil
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Beauty by Imagination Inc., Conair Corp., Coty Inc., Dyson Ltd., Havells India Ltd., Koninklijke Philips NV, MacAndrews and Forbes Inc., Orchids International, Panasonic Corp., and Skyline Home Appliances
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Hair Dryer Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive hair dryer market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the hair dryer market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the hair dryer industry across APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of hair dryer market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Household appliances
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Corded hair dryers - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Corded hair dryers - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Corded hair dryers - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Cordless hair dryers - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Cordless hair dryers - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Cordless hair dryers - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 22: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 23: Comparison by End-user
- 6.3 Professional usage - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 24: Professional usage - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 25: Professional usage - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Individual usage - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Individual usage - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 27: Individual usage - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 28: Market opportunity by End-user
7 Customer Landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 30: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 31: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 33: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 35: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 37: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 39: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 41: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 42: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 43: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 44: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Overview
- 10.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 45: Vendor landscape
- 10.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 46: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 47: Industry risks
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 49: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Beauty by Imagination Inc.
- Exhibit 50: Beauty by Imagination Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Beauty by Imagination Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: Beauty by Imagination Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.4 Conair Corp.
- Exhibit 53: Conair Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Conair Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: Conair Corp. - Key offerings
- 11.5 Coty Inc.
- Exhibit 56: Coty Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Coty Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: Coty Inc. - Key News
- Exhibit 59: Coty Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: Coty Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.6 Dyson Ltd.
- Exhibit 61: Dyson Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Dyson Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: Dyson Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.7 Havells India Ltd.
- Exhibit 64: Havells India Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Havells India Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: Havells India Ltd. - Key News
- Exhibit 67: Havells India Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: Havells India Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.8 Koninklijke Philips NV
- Exhibit 69: Koninklijke Philips NV - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Koninklijke Philips NV - Business segments
- Exhibit 71: Koninklijke Philips NV - Key News
- Exhibit 72: Koninklijke Philips NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Koninklijke Philips NV - Segment focus
- 11.9 MacAndrews and Forbes Inc.
- Exhibit 74: MacAndrews and Forbes Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: MacAndrews and Forbes Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 76: MacAndrews and Forbes Inc. - Key News
- Exhibit 77: MacAndrews and Forbes Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.10 Orchids International
- Exhibit 78: Orchids International - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Orchids International - Product and service
- Exhibit 80: Orchids International - Key offerings
- 11.11 Panasonic Corp.
- Exhibit 81: Panasonic Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 82: Panasonic Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 83: Panasonic Corp. - Key News
- Exhibit 84: Panasonic Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: Panasonic Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.12 Skyline Home Appliances
- Exhibit 86: Skyline Home Appliances - Overview
- Exhibit 87: Skyline Home Appliances - Product and service
- Exhibit 88: Skyline Home Appliances - Key offerings
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 89: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 90: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 91: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 92: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 93: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing low-cost hair dryers
- Growing popularity of tourmaline hair dryers
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts