HDMI Cable Market by Type and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Mar 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44299
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The hdmi cable market share is expected to increase by USD 1.65 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 6.43%.
This hdmi cable market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers hdmi cable market segmentations by type (high-speed, standard, and ultra-high-speed) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA). The hdmi cable market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Belkin International Inc., Ce-Link, Hitachi Ltd., Intel Corp., Koninklijke Philips NV, Kramer Industries Inc., Nordost, Panasonic Corp., Sony Corp., and Tripp Lite among others.
What will the HDMI Cable Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the HDMI Cable Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
HDMI Cable Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing penetration of smart devices is notably driving the hdmi cable market growth, although factors such as availability of counterfeits may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the hdmi cable market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key HDMI Cable Market Driver
The growing penetration of smart devices, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart TVs, streaming media players, and other multimedia devices, is expected to drive the demand for supporting accessories, such as HDMI cable. Furthermore, developing regions such as APAC, the Middle East, Africa, and South America are observing significant growth in the penetration of smart devices. Economic growth, increasing literacy rate, and rising purchasing power are some factors that are boosting the demand for smartphones and other devices. China and India are the largest markets for smartphones in APAC and are experiencing rapid growth. Africa has shown a noteworthy increase in the demand for smartphones over the last few years. Advances in cellular technology, such as 3G and 4G, have also fueled the adoption of smart devices. The demand for smart devices is mainly increasing in urban and semi-urban areas. Smartphone vendors are also largely focused on these areas to increase their market share. Therefore, the increase in the sales of smart devices is expected to propel the demand for HDMI cable during the forecast period.
Key HDMI Cable Market Trend
Growing popularity of HDMI 2.1 is another factor supporting the HDMI cable market growth in the forecast period. The new specification for HDMI 2.1 got released. HDMI 2.1 cable allows faster refresh rates, better audio at 48 Gbps data rates, and 8K resolution video at 60 frames per second and 4K at 120 frames per second. HDMI 2.1 cable also offers dynamic HDR support, which ensures eARC, quick media switching (QMS), quick frame transport (QFT), and display stream compression to the HDMI specification. For such reasons, the demand for HDMI 2.1 cable is increasing across the world. The manufacturers of smart TVs are also launching new products to cater to this demand. Some of the 2019 lineups for smart TVs with HDMI 2.1 are Samsung 8K Q900A series and LG OLED 2019. It is expected that, with the launch of products supporting the HDMI 2.1 version, the demand for this cable will increase for a better viewing experience, which will drive the global HDMI cable market during the forecast period.
Key HDMI Cable Market Challenge
One of the major challenges in the global HDMI cable market is the availability of counterfeit products. A number of counterfeits in the market are economically priced. This facilitates the replacement of original products with counterfeits to a certain extent. Of late, counterfeit products affect the market shares of leading vendors, resulting in huge losses for the prominent players in the global HDMI cable market. These products do not provide the quality and durability that of their original counterparts. Hence, the availability of counterfeit variants can negatively affect the brand image of original variants. Furthermore, owing to the presence of counterfeit products, manufacturers of HDMI cable are compelled to sell their quality products at low prices, which lowers their profit margins. Counterfeit product manufacturers offer low-quality products with logos of existing well-known companies. This hinders the sale of genuine companies, as consumers prefer low-cost products. Therefore, major vendors continuously launch campaigns to promote anti-counterfeit products. The availability of counterfeit products negatively impacts the profitability of major vendors in the market. This hampers the growth of the market.
This hdmi cable market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global High-Definition Multimedia Interface(HDMI) cable market as a part of the global consumer electronics market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the hdmi cable market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major HDMI Cable Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Belkin International Inc.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Intel Corp.
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- Kramer Industries Inc.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Sony Corp.
- Tripp Lite
This statistical study of the hdmi cable market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The hdmi cable market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as on product design, aesthetics, functionality, and applications to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Ce-Link - The company offers wide range of cables including Premium high speed HDMI cable with Ethernet Type-A to Type-, Premium high speed HDMI cable with Ethernet Type-A to Type-, HDMI C-C High speed with Ethernet, Premium High-speed HDMI cable with Ethernet, Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable, Premium HDMI cable High Speed with Ethernet, etc.
- Koninklijke Philips NV - The company offers wide range of Premium HDMI Cable w/Ethernet series, HDMI cable, HDMI cable with Ethernet, Displayport to HDMI Cable, and Universal HDMI Kit.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The hdmi cable market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
HDMI Cable Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the hdmi cable market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global consumer electronics market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for HDMI Cable Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
58% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Thailand are the key markets for hdmi cable market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The growth of the corporate sector and the gaming industry, as well as the presence of key vendors in fast-growing economies will facilitate the hdmi cable market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of respiratory and infectious diseases (such as COVID-19) in 2020 has hampered the growth of the regional HDMI cable market. All manufacturing industries were severely affected, as their production units were either closed or halted. This will have a negative impact on the growth of the HDMI cable market in the region during the forecast period. However, in India, most academic institutions are offering classes and courses online, which has increased the demand for smart devices and associated accessories, such as HDMI cable. Hence, some of the HDMI manufacturers have recently launched new variants in the country, which is expected to boost the demand of the market in focus during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Type Segments in the HDMI Cable Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The HDMI cable market share growth by the type segments. High-speed segment will be significant during the forecast period. The reason for the growing popularity of high-speed HDMI cable is the increased demand from the entertainment industry, which is innovating in improving screen viewability. The market adopted high-speed HDMI cable technology quite rapidly due to its ability to support greater bandwidth than its predecessors. For instance, Tono Systems LLP, a manufacturer of specialty audio and video products for home and professional setups, announced the launch of its first new line category of High-Speed HDMI cable with Optical Active 4k HDMI for up to 100 meters. Similarly, Infinite Electronics, Inc. released a new line of high-speed HDMI cable assemblies with white cable jackets and connector overmolds.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the hdmi cable market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
HDMI Cable Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6.43%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 1.65 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 58%
Key consumer countries
China, US, UK, Germany, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Belkin International Inc., Ce-Link, Hitachi Ltd., Intel Corp., Koninklijke Philips NV, Kramer Industries Inc., Nordost, Panasonic Corp., Sony Corp., and Tripp Lite
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this HDMI Cable Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive hdmi cable market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the hdmi cable market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the hdmi cable industry across APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of hdmi cable market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Consumer electronics market
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
- 4.7 Market condition
5 Market Segmentation by Type
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Type
- 5.2 Comparison by Type
- Exhibit 17: High-speed - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.3 High-speed - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 18: High-speed - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 19: Standard - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.4 Standard - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 20: Standard - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 21: Ultra-high-speed - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.5 Ultra-high-speed - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 22: Ultra-high-speed - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Type
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Type
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 27: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive Scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Belkin International Inc.
- Exhibit 48: Belkin International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 49: Ce-Link - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Ce-Link - Product and service
- Exhibit 51: Ce-Link - Key offerings
- 10.4 Ce-Link
- Exhibit 52: Hitachi Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Hitachi Ltd. - Business segments
- 10.5 Hitachi Ltd.
- Exhibit 54: Hitachi Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 55: Hitachi Ltd. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 56: Intel Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Intel Corp. - Business segments
- 10.6 Intel Corp.
- Exhibit 58: Intel Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 59: Intel Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 60: Koninklijke Philips NV - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Koninklijke Philips NV - Business segments
- 10.7 Koninklijke Philips NV
- Exhibit 62: Koninklijke Philips NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: Koninklijke Philips NV - Segment focus
- Exhibit 64: Kramer Industries Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Kramer Industries Inc. - Product and service
- 10.8 Kramer Industries Inc.
- Exhibit 66: Kramer Industries Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 67: Kramer Industries Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: Nordost - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Nordost - Product and service
- Exhibit 70: Nordost - Key offerings
- 10.9 Nordost
- Exhibit 71: Panasonic Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Panasonic Corp. - Business segments
- 10.10 Panasonic Corp.
- Exhibit 73: Panasonic Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 74: Panasonic Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 75: Panasonic Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 76: Sony Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Sony Corp. - Business segments
- 10.11 Sony Corp.
- Exhibit 78: Sony Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 79: Sony Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: Sony Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 81: Tripp Lite - Overview
- Exhibit 82: Tripp Lite - Business segments
- 10.12 Tripp Lite
- Exhibit 83: Tripp Lite - Key news
- Exhibit 84: Tripp Lite - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: Tripp Lite - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- Exhibit 86: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Research Methodology
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 89: Information sources
- Exhibit 90: List of abbreviations
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing penetration of smart devices
- Growing popularity of HDMI 2.1
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.