Video Surveillance Market by Product, End-users, Deployment, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024
- Published: Mar 2021
- Pages: 148
- SKU: IRTNTR40499
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The video surveillance market share is expected to increase by USD 35.58 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 11.94%.
This video surveillance market research report provides valuable insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers video surveillance market segmentation by product (hardware, software, and services), end-user (public, commercial, and residential), deployment (on-premise and hybrid), and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America). The video surveillance market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Cisco Systems Inc., FLIR Systems Inc., Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Motorola Solutions Inc., Panasonic Corp., Robert Bosch GmbH, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Schneider Electric SE, and Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co. Ltd. among others.
What will the Video Surveillance Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Video Surveillance Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Video Surveillance Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The need to mitigate criminal activities and terrorist attacks is notably driving the video surveillance market growth, although factors such as may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the video surveillance industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Video Surveillance Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the video surveillance market is the need to mitigate criminal activities and terrorist attacks. The increasing number of terrorist attacks, especially in countries such as the US and the UK, has necessitated the deployment of video surveillance solutions. Furthermore, video surveillance solutions are also deployed to curb antisocial activities such as intrusion, murder, robbery, and theft. Moreover, the governments of several countries have imposed stringent regulations that require the installation of video surveillance solutions in public locations such as hypermarkets, hospitals, airports, ports, railway stations, hotels, and malls to curb criminal and terrorist activities. Therefore, the deployment of video surveillance solutions enables a safe and crime-free environment and improves the quality of life of citizens. Video surveillance solutions can be used to track and apprehend criminals and provide conclusive evidence in court. Several vendors are also developing solutions to identify crimes before they happen. Therefore, the need to mitigate criminal activities and terrorist attacks drives the growth of the global video surveillance market.
Key Video Surveillance Market Trend
Advent of smart AI-based video surveillance is another factor supporting the video surveillance market growth in the forecast period. AI can compensate for human errors by offering a superior standard of facial, faceless, behavioural, and object detection. Furthermore, AI brings in smart automation to analyze large volumes of surveillance data to derive intelligent insights. Moreover, AI can accurately analyze live video streams in real time with limited or no assistance from people. Therefore, AI-based methodologies are expected to be integrated with video surveillance, which will improve crime spotting and prevention. Smart AI-based video surveillance systems have features such as intrusion detection, motion and speed detection, object classification, behavioural analysis, global positioning system (GPS) mapping, and vehicle tagging and tracking. Furthermore, AI-based video surveillance solutions are also expected to enable predictive crime monitoring. Therefore, the use of AI-based facial recognition technology is increasing in the country. For instance, SenseTime, an AI start-up based in China, offers AI-based facial recognition technology to several local governments and private security firms in the country. These technologies are extensively used in various pilot smart city projects.
Key Video Surveillance Market Challenge
Issues related to privacy will be a major challenge for the video surveillance market during the forecast period. Though video surveillance is used to prevent and detect crimes, its use could cause privacy issues. Public surveillance systems may cover private areas such as apartments and offices without the consent of owners, which would result in a privacy breach. Extensive video surveillance enables governments to compile an overview of the lives of people without their consent. The privacy of people is their fundamental right, and the use of video surveillance systems could infringe on it. Therefore, the line between legitimate monitoring and intrusion is blurred. Furthermore, the key constitutionally protected right challenged by extensive video surveillance is the right to anonymity. In addition, video surveillance in stores and streets can also be misused for voyeurism, wherein women may be spied on and sexually exploited. Thus, the infringement of the moral and constitutional rights of people is a major challenge for the growth of the global video surveillance market.
This video surveillance market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global video surveillance market as a part of the global electronic equipment and instruments market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the video surveillance market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Video Surveillance Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co. Ltd.
This statistical study of the video surveillance market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The video surveillance market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as maintenance, warranty, and upgrades to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Cisco Systems Inc. - The company offers dome-shaped, box-shaped, and specialty video surveillance cameras.
- Honeywell International Inc. - The company offers cameras, recording and IP solutions, and other video surveillance systems.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The video surveillance market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Video Surveillance Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the video surveillance market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the electronic equipment and instruments market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Video Surveillance Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request a FREE sample now!
60% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and Japan are the key markets for the video surveillance market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
Rapid urbanization and industrialization and significant investments in defense by countries will facilitate the video surveillance market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 propelled the growth of the market in the region, primarily during the second half of 2020. Governments across different countries in the region are taking initiatives for deploying video surveillance solutions to track the movement of people and contain the spread of the disease. Likewise, in other countries, including China, Indonesia, and Japan, video surveillance systems are used for crowd management. Thermal sensors in video surveillance systems are used to identify people with elevated temperatures. Therefore, with the increasing application of video surveillance systems due to COVID-19, the video surveillance market in the region is expected to grow substantially during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Video Surveillance Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The video surveillance market share grows by the product segments. The hardware segment will be significant during the forecast period. The vital component of video surveillance solutions is a camera. Internet Protocol (IP) cameras, which are a combination of cameras and computers in a networked infrastructure, are commonly used for video surveillance. The hardware components of video surveillance solutions include cameras, storage devices, network video recorder (NVR) hardware, video encoders, and network infrastructure.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the video surveillance market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Video Surveillance Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 11.94%
Market growth 2020-2024
$ 35.58 billion
YoY growth (%)
Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 60%
Key consumer countries
China, US, Germany, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Cisco Systems Inc., FLIR Systems Inc., Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Motorola Solutions Inc., Panasonic Corp., Robert Bosch GmbH, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Schneider Electric SE, and Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co. Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Video Surveillance Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive video surveillance market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the video surveillance market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the video surveillance industry across Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of video surveillance market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Electronic equipment and instruments
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Hardware - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Hardware - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Hardware - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Software - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Software - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Software - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Services - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Services - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Services - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 6.1 Market segments
- 6.2 Comparison by End-user
- 6.3 Public - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Public - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 27: Public - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Commercial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Commercial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 29: Commercial - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Residential - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 30: Residential - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 31: Residential - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.6 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 32: Market opportunity by End-user
7 Market Segmentation by Deployment (Qualitative)
- 7.1 On-premise
- 7.2 Hybrid
8 Customer Landscape
9 Geographic Landscape
- 9.1 Geographic segmentation
- 9.2 Geographic comparison
- 9.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 9.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 9.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 9.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 9.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 9.8 Key leading countries
- 9.9 Market opportunity by geography
10 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 10.1 Market drivers
- 10.2 Market challenges
- 10.3 Market trends
11 Vendor Landscape
- 11.1 Vendor Landscape
- 11.2 Landscape disruption
12 Vendor Analysis
- 12.1 Vendors covered
- 12.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 12.3 Cisco Systems Inc.
- 12.4 FLIR Systems Inc.
- 12.5 Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
- 12.6 Honeywell International Inc.
- 12.7 Motorola Solutions Inc.
- 12.8 Panasonic Corp.
- 12.9 Robert Bosch GmbH
- 12.10 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- 12.11 Schneider Electric SE
- 12.12 Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co. Ltd.
- 13.1 Scope of the report
- 13.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- 13.3 Research methodology
- 13.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Need to mitigate criminal activities and terrorist attacks
- Development of 3D-printed impellers
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts