Aircraft Tire Market by Distribution Channel, Type, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: May 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43833
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The aircraft tire market share is expected to increase by USD 414.34 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 6.35%.
This aircraft tire market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers aircraft tire market segmentations by distribution channel (aftermarket and OEM), type (bias tire and radial tire), and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, South America, North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America). The aircraft tire market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Bridgestone Corp., China National Chemical Corp. Ltd., Desser Holdings LLC, Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd., Michelin Group, Petlas Tire Industry and Trade, Specialty Tires of America Inc., The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., Tost GmbH Flugzeuggeratebau, and Trelleborg AB among others.
What will the Aircraft Tire Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Aircraft Tire Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Aircraft Tire Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing developments in tire manufacturing is notably driving the aircraft tire market growth, although factors such as stringent norms and regulations may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the aircraft tire industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Aircraft Tire Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the aircraft tire market growth is the increasing developments in tire manufacturing. The global aircraft tire manufacturing industry is focusing on using new-generation materials that deliver enhanced performance while complying with different safety norms. For instance, recent research has demonstrated that restraining tire growth, specifically at the center, can help in enhancing high-speed operability and durability. Therefore, manufacturers are continuously refining prototype designs and using the Finite Element Method (FEM) for better tire construction and material implementation. One such manufacturer is Bridgestone, which has developed the Revolutionarily Reinforced Radial (RRR) tire construction. Manufacturers are also using cross-linkable rubber or synthetic elastomer rubber to enhance the rubber composition in newer tires. An aircraft tire is produced from multiple ingredients such as elastomers, reinforcing fillers, plasticizers, metal reinforcements, and textile reinforcements, each having a distinctive role. The elastomer remains the prime component that determines the heat and chemical resistance properties. For instance, Goodyear has been using butyl rubber, a type of synthetic rubber, instead of natural rubber to produce aircraft tire tubes that provide superior air retention capabilities.
Key Aircraft Tire Market Trend
Emerging innovative solutions is the major trend influencing the aircraft tire market growth. Intelligent tires have a small chip with sensors integrated into them. These sensors can measure parameters such as tire pressure, wear and tear, and damage. Some companies, such as Continental, offer tires that consist of integrated sensors with monitors to track the air pressure. At the 2017 Paris Le Bourget Air Show, Michelin and Safran presented an innovation called PresSense, which is a wireless solution comprising an electronic pressure sensor installed within the tire for improving and simplifying ground maintenance operations. The sensor embedded in the tire collects information on inflation pressure, which is transferred digitally to a reader connected to a smartphone and to a maintenance database without any physical intervention on the tire. Such kind of smart technologies is likely to have a significant impact on the aircraft tire aftermarket during the forecast period.
Key Aircraft Tire Market Challenge
Stringent norms and regulations is one of the key challenges hindering the aircraft tire market growth. During retrofit projects, the aviation industry faces multiple challenges, such as additional costs, cumbersome certification processes, and limited expertise to conduct verification. The stakeholders in this industry also need to meet stringent environmental regulations. These rules and regulations can exist at federal, state, and local levels. The critical components of an aircraft can be very complex and require stringent adherence to environmental laws. Aerospace companies are exposed to the risk and liabilities related to the remediation of environmental hazards during the manufacturing process. The manufacturers of commercial aircraft are highly regulated by EASA and FAA. The aircraft receive airworthiness certificates only when they comply with the rules and regulations set by these governing bodies. The increased costs while complying with such norms pose a challenge to the mass-scale production of commercial aircraft cabin interior components and parts. Thus, the stringent certification process acts as a barrier to the new entrants that have the potential to enter the global aircraft tire market.
This aircraft tire market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global aircraft tire market as a part of the global aerospace and defense market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the aircraft tire market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Aircraft Tire Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Bridgestone Corp.
- China National Chemical Corp. Ltd.
- Desser Holdings LLC
- Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd.
- Michelin Group
- Petlas Tire Industry and Trade
- Specialty Tires of America Inc.
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
- Tost GmbH Flugzeuggeratebau
- Trelleborg AB
This statistical study of the aircraft tire market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The aircraft tire market is concentrated and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as pricing and marketing strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Bridgestone Corp. - The company offers aircraft tires such as A300 B2/B4, A321,737-400 HGW, and others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The aircraft tire market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Aircraft Tire Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the aircraft tire market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Aircraft Tire Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
34% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China is the key market for aircraft tire in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
APAC is expected to display the highest growth rates during the forecast period due to the increased demand for tires from the narrow-body aircraft segment in this region. Also, the region is expected to experience an increase in competition among LCCs for gaining superior market share. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
As a result of COVID-19, by mid-April 2020, Airports Council International (ACI) observed a 95% fall in traffic in 18 airports in major aviation markets in APAC and the Middle East. In APAC, the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a decline in the sales of aircraft in the commercial and general aviation segments in 2020. As the demand for military jets increases, the demand for radial aircraft tires will also increase. During the forecast period, the revival of the aviation industry in APAC is expected to be faster than in other regions in the world, as operators in the region currently account for a significant aircraft backlog. These developments will drive the growth of the aircraft manufacturing and assembly market in China during the forecast period, which, in turn, will increase the demand for aircraft tires in the region. The market for aircraft tires will see moderate growth in APAC during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Distribution Channel Segments in the Aircraft Tire Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The aircraft tire market share growth by the aftermarket will be significant during the forecast period. The aftermarket segment of the global aircraft tire market is anticipated to grow at a moderate pace during the forecast period, mainly due to its association with the global tire industry.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the aircraft tire market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Aircraft Tire Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6.35%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 414.34 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, South America, North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 34%
Key consumer countries
US, China, France, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Bridgestone Corp., China National Chemical Corp. Ltd., Desser Holdings LLC, Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd., Michelin Group, Petlas Tire Industry and Trade, Specialty Tires of America Inc., The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., Tost GmbH Flugzeuggeratebau, and Trelleborg AB
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Aircraft Tire Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive aircraft tire market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the aircraft tire market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the aircraft tire industry across North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, South America, North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of aircraft tire market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis for aerospace and defense
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Distribution channel
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Distribution channel - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Distribution channel
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Distribution channel
- 5.3 Aftermarket - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Aftermarket - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Aftermarket - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 OEM - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: OEM - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: OEM - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Distribution channel
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Distribution channel
6 Market Segmentation by Type
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 22: Type - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.2 Comparison by Type
- Exhibit 23: Comparison by Type
- 6.3 Bias tire - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 24: Bias tire - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 25: Bias tire - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Radial tire - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Radial tire - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 27: Radial tire - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Market opportunity by Type
- Exhibit 28: Market opportunity by Type
7 Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 30: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 31: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 33: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 35: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 37: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 39: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 41: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 42: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 43: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 44: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Overview
- Exhibit 45: Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 46: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 47: Industry risks
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 48: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 49: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Bridgestone Corp.
- Exhibit 50: Bridgestone Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Bridgestone Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 52: Bridgestone Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 53: Bridgestone Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 54: Bridgestone Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.4 China National Chemical Corp. Ltd.
- Exhibit 55: China National Chemical Corp. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 56: China National Chemical Corp. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 57: China National Chemical Corp. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.5 Desser Holdings LLC
- Exhibit 58: Desser Holdings LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Desser Holdings LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 60: Desser Holdings LLC - Key offerings
- 11.6 Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd.
- Exhibit 61: Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.7 Michelin Group
- Exhibit 64: Michelin Group - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Michelin Group - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: Michelin Group – Key news
- Exhibit 67: Michelin Group - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: Michelin Group - Segment focus
- 11.8 Petlas Tire Industry and Trade
- Exhibit 69: Petlas Tire Industry and Trade - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Petlas Tire Industry and Trade - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Petlas Tire Industry and Trade - Key offerings
- 11.9 Specialty Tires of America Inc.
- Exhibit 72: Specialty Tires of America Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Specialty Tires of America Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 74: Specialty Tires of America Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.10 The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
- Exhibit 75: The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. - Segment focus
- 11.11 Tost GmbH Flugzeuggeratebau
- Exhibit 79: Tost GmbH Flugzeuggeratebau - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Tost GmbH Flugzeuggeratebau - Product and service
- Exhibit 81: Tost GmbH Flugzeuggeratebau - Key offerings
- 11.12 Trelleborg AB
- Exhibit 82: Trelleborg AB - Overview
- Exhibit 83: Trelleborg AB - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: Trelleborg AB - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: Trelleborg AB - Segment focus
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 86: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 87: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 88: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 89: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 90: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing developments in tire manufacturing
- Introduction of sustainable taxiing systems
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts