CNC Machine Tools Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jul 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR41353
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The CNC machine tools market share is expected to increase by USD 25.61 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 9.11%.
This CNC machine tools market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers CNC machine tools market segmentations by product (CNC lathe machines, CNC milling machines, and other CNC machines) and geography (APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA). The CNC machine tools market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 600 Group Plc, AMADA Co. Ltd., DMG MORI Co. Ltd., FANUC Corp., JTEKT Corp., Komatsu Ltd., Shenyang Machine Tools Co. Ltd., TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG, and Yamazaki Mazak Corp. among others.
What will the CNC Machine Tools Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the CNC Machine Tools Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
CNC Machine Tools Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The advantages over conventional machines is notably driving the CNC machine tools market growth, although factors such as rising cost pressure from the demand side may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the CNC machine tools industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key CNC Machine Tools Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the CNC machine tools market growth is the advantages over conventional machines. Although computer numerical control machine tools have been around since the 1940s, it is now that it has been replacing conventional machines at a fast rate. The growing adoption of CNC machine tools can be attributed to advantages offered, such as the reduction in cycle time, reduction in labor costs, and advances in computer technology. Some advantages of CNC machining tools over conventional machining tools include easy reproduction of parts, easy machining, reduction in overall costs and easy update. In addition, CNC machine tools can be easily reprogrammed in a short span of time. This feature gives the tool the capability to switch from the manufacturing of one part to another quickly. These machines are capable of storing all the programs fed to them for future use. Thus, CNC machine tools have replaced manual machine tools, thus enabling faster delivery.
Key CNC Machine Tools Market Trend
Another key factor driving the CNC machine tools market growth is the design of new milling tools. The commercial use and the growing popularity of advanced CNC machines and machining centers have prompted manufacturers to develop new milling tools that are more efficient and versatile. In the past, milling tools were designed for specific applications. The milling tools that are used in the CNC machine need to meet ISO standards. But the demand to comply with the ISO standards limits the development of the milling tools and other inserts used in the machine. The ISO codes predefine the shape, thickness, and size of the cutting inserts and also define the holding cartridge and clamp size. But the demand in the machine tool industry varies with the machining process, and the design and manufacturing type vary from vendor to vendor. But the situation is changing, and the industry has the liberty to customize the materials used as inserts to attain versatility in use and operational efficiency.
Key CNC Machine Tools Market Challenge
Rising cost pressure from the demand side is one of the key challenges hindering the CNC machine tools market growth. CNC machine tool manufacturers are subject to heavy cost pressures due to a demanding consumer base. In addition, as steel is the major raw material used in machine tools, fluctuations in the cost of steel have a direct impact on the global CNC machine tools market. The cost of raw materials keeps fluctuating based on various macroeconomic factors, such as inflation, labor cost, and regulatory policy changes. The major challenge for CNC machine tool manufacturers is to meet customers? demands with precision while keeping the cost in control. In terms of equipment production, the vendors that manufacture equipment for various industries are under high pressure to control costs and deliver high-quality equipment that meets the stringent quality standards defined by OEMs and tire-1 suppliers. Hence, equipment manufacturers have started exploring methods to restrict their production costs while maintaining quality standards. This is expected to limit the growth of the market during the forecast period.
This CNC machine tools market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global CNC machine tools market as a part of the global industrial machinery market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the CNC machine tools market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major CNC Machine Tools Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 600 Group Plc
- AMADA Co. Ltd.
- DMG MORI Co. Ltd.
- FANUC Corp.
- JTEKT Corp.
- Komatsu Ltd.
- Shenyang Machine Tools Co. Ltd.
- TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG
- Yamazaki Mazak Corp.
This statistical study of the CNC machine tools market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The CNC machine tools market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- 600 Group Plc- The company offers wide range of CNC machine tools such as CNC combination lathes, CNC turning centres, and CNC lathes.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The CNC machine tools market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
CNC Machine Tools Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the CNC machine tools market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for CNC Machine Tools Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
39% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China is the key market for CNC machine tools in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The high demand for CNC machine tools in APAC is attributed to the growth in the automotive and industrial sectors in the region. South Korea, China, Japan, India, Taiwan, and Singapore are the major contributors. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, WHO declared the COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic. The outbreak adversely impacted the growth of several end-user industries in the region, including automotive, electronics, and aerospace, especially during the first half of 2020. However, with the gradual recovery of countries in the region, primarily Japan, South Korea, and China, from the impact of the COVID-19 crisis, operations in manufacturing plants in these industries were resumed with a limited workforce. In addition, vendors in the region undertook several developments, such as capacity expansions and M&A, to sustain their market position. Furthermore, companies are opting for partnerships to provide effective training to the workforce using CNC machining centers. For instance, in April 2021, Doosan announced its partnership with FANUC Corp. (FANUC) to train the next generation of machinists. The latter will organize the Certified CNC Training Program to inculcate manufacturing skills among the workforce using Doosan machine tools. Therefore, such initiatives will supplement the growth of the regional CNC machine tools market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the CNC Machine Tools Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The CNC machine tools market share growth by the CNC lathe machines will be significant during the forecast period. CNC lathes can be used to produce screw threads, plane surfaces, and complex three-dimensional products. Machining with CNC lathe machines has been preferred over conventional lathes owing to the machines' capability of producing identical parts in large volumes.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the CNC machine tools market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
CNC Machine Tools Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 9.11%
Market growth 2021-2025
USD 25.61 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 39%
Key consumer countries
US, China, UK, Germany, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
600 Group Plc, AMADA Co. Ltd., DMG MORI Co. Ltd., FANUC Corp., JTEKT Corp., Komatsu Ltd., Shenyang Machine Tools Co. Ltd., TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG, and Yamazaki Mazak Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this CNC Machine Tools Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive CNC machine tools market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the CNC machine tools market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the CNC machine tools industry across APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of CNC machine tools market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Industrial machinery market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 CNC lathe machines - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: CNC lathe machines - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: CNC lathe machines - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 CNC milling machines - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: CNC milling machines - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: CNC milling machines - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Other CNC machines - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Other CNC machines - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: Other CNC machines - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Competitive scenario
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 41: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 44: Vendors covered
- Exhibit 45: Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 46: 600 Group Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 47: 600 Group Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 48: 600 Group Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 49: 600 Group Plc - Segment focus
- Exhibit 50: AMADA Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: AMADA Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 52: AMADA Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 53: AMADA Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 54: DMG MORI Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 55: DMG MORI Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 56: DMG MORI Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 57: DMG MORI Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 58: FANUC Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 59: FANUC Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 60: FANUC Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 61: FANUC Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 62: General Technology Group Dalian Machine Tool Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: General Technology Group Dalian Machine Tool Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 64: General Technology Group Dalian Machine Tool Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: JTEKT Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: JTEKT Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: JTEKT Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 68: JTEKT Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 69: JTEKT Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 70: Komatsu Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Komatsu Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 72: Komatsu Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 73: Komatsu Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: Komatsu Ltd. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 75: Shenyang Machine Tools Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Shenyang Machine Tools Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 77: Shenyang Machine Tools Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG - Overview
- Exhibit 79: TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG - Segment focus
- Exhibit 82: Yamazaki Mazak Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 83: Yamazaki Mazak Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 84: Yamazaki Mazak Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.3 600
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Advantages over conventional machines
- Emergence of ASRP5
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts