Digital Video Content Market by Deployment and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 124
- SKU: IRTNTR40572
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The digital video content market share is expected to increase by USD 327.19 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 14.31%.
This digital video content market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers digital video content market segmentations by deployment (play-TV and OTT) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The digital video content market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., AT and T Inc., Comcast Corp., Netflix Inc., Sony Corp., Tubular Labs Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., and ViacomCBS Inc. among others.
What will the Digital Video Content Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Digital Video Content Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Digital Video Content Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The growing number of partnerships and acquisitions in the vod market is notably driving the digital video content market growth, although factors such as availability of pirated video content on online platforms may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the digital video content industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Digital Video Content Market Driver
The increasing penetration of mobile computing devices is a major factor driving the global digital video content market share growth. The increasing penetration of mobile computing devices such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets is driven by multiple factors. These factors include the growing digital literacy, rising per capita income, availability of low-cost smartphones, investments in communication network infrastructure, and increasing Internet penetration. According to Technavio, global smartphone shipments in 2018 were recorded at 1,585.50 million units, which are expected to reach 1655.00 million units by 2023. This increasing penetration of mobile computing devices positively impacts all forms of OTT services. This is because almost all the market vendors in SVOD, AVOD, and TVOD formats, such as Netflix, Amazon.com, and AT&T, offer mobile apps. These services were initially offered by vendors through websites. However, the growing penetration of mobile devices encouraged market vendors to develop mobile apps for streaming. Due to such reasons, the demand for digital video content will continue to grow in the forecast period.
Key Digital Video Content Market Trend
The implementation of AI by OTT service providers is another factor supporting the global digital video content market share growth. Many OTT service providers are implementing advanced technologies such as AI to improve customer experience and expand their customer base. AI is implemented into multiple aspects, starting from creation and production to postproduction, marketing, and advertisement and distribution. Basically, the AI algorithm analyzes the data of multiple users regarding genres of media watched, most-watched media content, most liked media content, and others. Based on this analysis, OTT platforms automatically recommend the content to users. This allows users to navigate easily and find relevant content. Therefore, OTT service providers such as Netflix and Amazon.com are implementing AI across their OTT platforms to increase customer satisfaction. Personalization is one of the major factors to gain traction in this market. OTT players such as Netflix and Amazon.com create promos targeted at specific consumers based on their past preferences. By using AI, a viewer’s preference can be recognized, and an advertisement relevant to that preference can be used. Therefore, this will significantly aid in the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key Digital Video Content Market Challenge
The availability of pirated video content on online platforms will be a major challenge for the global digital video content market share growth. Users can download digital video content using torrent files with the help of software such as BitTorrent. The use of services such as BitTorrent is illegal, as the content shared through it is mostly copyrighted, which makes it illegal to share. Users can download any TV show, movie, documentary, and video through these torrent files free of cost. This eliminates the need for a subscription to video streaming services. Torrents offer a single source to download all such content. In addition, the content shared through torrents is mostly ad-free, which is an advantage over AVOD streaming services. Essentially, several users prefer to use torrents and do not subscribe to these services, which is a significant challenge to the growth of the global digital video content market. The growth of the global digital video content market is hindered by the growing market of video piracy.
This digital video content market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global digital video content market as part of the global information technology spending market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the digital video content market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Digital Video Content Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Alphabet Inc.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- AT and T Inc.
- Comcast Corp.
- Netflix Inc.
- Sony Corp.
- Tubular Labs Inc.
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- ViacomCBS Inc.
This statistical study of the digital video content market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The digital video content market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Alphabet Inc.- The company provides digital video content through YouTube.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The digital video content market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Digital Video Content Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the digital video content market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global information technology spending market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Digital Video Content Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
45% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US is the key market for digital video content market in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in all other regions.
The growing OTT market will facilitate the digital video content market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The lockdowns and restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic have impacted the regional digital video content market positively. North America is crowded with several video-streaming platforms. There has been intense competition in the regional digital video content market for the last five years. Vendors are strategically targeting their customers by offering discounts and streaming frequent new web series. To sustain in the market, vendors look forward to investing in the expansion of their services by providing shows in several languages. Hence, this is expected to boost the growth of the regional market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Deployment Segments in the Digital Video Content Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The digital video content market share growth by the Pay-TV segment will be significant during the forecast period. The increasing demand for IPTV, which is a type of content delivery method where the Internet is used to deliver TV programs that are either live or on-demand, is driving the digital video content market share growth by the Pay-TV segment. IPTV has numerous advantages such as its implementation is easy as it can be connected to the existing Internet connection without the need for any cable or connection.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the digital video content market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Digital Video Content Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 14.31%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 327.19 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 45%
Key consumer countries
US, China, UK, India, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., AT and T Inc., Comcast Corp., Netflix Inc., Sony Corp., Tubular Labs Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., and ViacomCBS Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Digital Video Content Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive digital video content market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the digital video content market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the digital video content industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of digital video content market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 03: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 04: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 05: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 06: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 07: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 08: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 10: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 11: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 12: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 13: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Deployment
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 14: Deployment - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Deployment
- Exhibit 15: Comparison by Deployment
- 5.3 Play-TV - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 16: Play-TV - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 17: Play-TV - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 OTT - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 18: OTT - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 19: OTT - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Deployment
- Exhibit 20: Market opportunity by Deployment
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 22: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 23: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 24: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 25: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 30: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 31: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 34: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 35: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 36: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 37: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 38: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 40: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 41: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Alphabet Inc.
- Exhibit 42: Alphabet Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 43: Alphabet Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 44: Alphabet Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 45: Alphabet Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Amazon.com Inc.
- 10.5 Apple Inc.
- Exhibit 51: Apple Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 52: Apple Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 53: Apple Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 54: Apple Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.6 AT and T Inc.
- Exhibit 55: AT and T Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 56: AT and T Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 57: AT and T inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 58: AT and T Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 59: AT and T Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Comcast Corp.
- Exhibit 60: Comcast Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Comcast Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Comcast Corporation- Key news
- Exhibit 63: Comcast Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 64: Comcast Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Netflix Inc.
- Exhibit 65: Netflix Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Netflix Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Netflix Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 68: Netflix Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Sony Corp.
- Exhibit 69: Sony Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Sony Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 71: Sony Corp.- Key news
- Exhibit 72: Sony Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Sony Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Tubular Labs Inc.
- Exhibit 74: Tubular Labs Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Tubular Labs Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 76: Tubular Labs Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Verizon Communications Inc.
- Exhibit 77: Verizon Communications Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Verizon Communications Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Verizon Communications Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 80: Verizon Communications Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Verizon Communications Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.12 ViacomCBS Inc.
- Exhibit 82: ViacomCBS Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 83: ViacomCBS Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: ViacomCBS Inc- Key news
- Exhibit 85: ViacomCBS Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: ViacomCBS Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Growing number of partnerships and acquisitions in the VOD market
- Growing number of cross-platform partnerships
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.