Digital Video Content Market by Deployment and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 124
- SKU: IRTNTR40572
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
“The Digital Video Content Market is poised to grow by USD 327.19 billion during 2022-2026, accelerating at a CAGR of 14.31% during the forecast period”
Technavio market report provides a holistic analysis, market size and forecast, trends, growth drivers, challenges, and vendor analysis covering around 15 vendors. Furthermore, this report extensively covers digital video content market segmentations by deployment (play-TV and OTT) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., AT and T Inc., Comcast Corp., Netflix Inc., Sony Corp., Tubular Labs Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., and ViacomCBS Inc. among others.
What will the Digital Video Content Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download Report Sample to Unlock the Digital Video Content Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Parent Market Analysis
Our Technavio Research categorizes the report belonging to Entertainment Industry Namefor the market. Technavio is based on four simple principles: easy-to-access reports, robust industry coverage, a focus on new and emerging technologies, and competitive pricing. We believe in helping companies and executives become better equipped to make faster, sounder, and more effective decisions.
Digital Video Content Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Technavio Research categorizes the global Digital Video Content Market belonging to the Media & Entertainment Industry .Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic's impact on the industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the forecast year.
The market is extremely competitive with all sizes of businesses, including large, medium, and small-sized companies vying to monopolize the market. The tremendous development in various fields such as product innovations and new product launches by manufacturers operating in the market will drive the growth further.
Key Digital Video Content Market Driver
- The increasing penetration of mobile computing devices is a major factor driving the global digital video content market share growth.
- The increasing penetration of mobile computing devices such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets is driven by multiple factors. These factors include the growing digital literacy, rising per capita income, availability of low-cost smartphones, investments in communication network infrastructure, and increasing Internet penetration.
- According to Technavio, global smartphone shipments in 2018 were recorded at 1,585.50 million units, which are expected to reach 1655.00 million units by 2023. This increasing penetration of mobile computing devices positively impacts all forms of OTT services. This is because almost all the market vendors in SVOD, AVOD, and TVOD formats, such as Netflix, Amazon.com, and AT&T, offer mobile apps. These services were initially offered by vendors through websites.
- The growing penetration of mobile devices encouraged market vendors to develop mobile apps for streaming. Due to such reasons, the demand for digital video content will continue to grow in the forecast period.
Key Digital Video Content Market Trend
- The implementation of AI by OTT service providers is another factor supporting the global digital video content market share growth.
- Many OTT service providers are implementing advanced technologies such as AI to improve customer experience and expand their customer base. AI is implemented into multiple aspects, starting from creation and production to postproduction, marketing, and advertisement and distribution. Basically, the AI algorithm analyzes the data of multiple users regarding genres of media watched, most-watched media content, most liked media content, and others.
- OTT platforms automatically recommend the content to users. This allows users to navigate easily and find relevant content. Therefore, OTT service providers such as Netflix and Amazon.com are implementing AI across their OTT platforms to increase customer satisfaction.
- Personalization is one of the major factors to gain traction in this market. OTT players such as Netflix and Amazon.com create promos targeted at specific consumers based on their past preferences. By using AI, a viewer’s preference can be recognized, and an advertisement relevant to that preference can be used. Therefore, this will significantly aid in the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key Digital Video Content Market Challenge
- The availability of pirated video content on online platforms will be a major challenge for the global digital video content market share growth.
- Users can download digital video content using torrent files with the help of software such as BitTorrent.
- The use of services such as BitTorrent is illegal, as the content shared through it is mostly copyrighted, which makes it illegal to share. Users can download any TV show, movie, documentary, and video through these torrent files free of cost. This eliminates the need for a subscription to video streaming services.
- Torrents offer a single source to download all such content. In addition, the content shared through torrents is mostly ad-free, which is an advantage over AVOD streaming services. Essentially, several users prefer to use torrents and do not subscribe to these services, which is a significant challenge to the growth of the global digital video content market.
- The growth of the global digital video content market is hindered by the growing market of video piracy.
Who are the Major Digital Video Content Market Vendors?
The vendor analysis is designed to help clients improve their market position, and in line with this, this report provides a detailed analysis of several leading market vendors such as
- Alphabet Inc.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- AT and T Inc.
- Comcast Corp.
- Netflix Inc.
- Sony Corp.
- Tubular Labs Inc.
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- ViacomCBS Inc.
The parent global IT spending market covers revenue generated from the sales and subscription of IT services, communications services, cloud services, IT hardware, and IT software. Technavio calculates the global IT spending market size based on various IT solutions spending by various end-user industries such as healthcare; banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI), retail, transportation, media and entertainment, and construction among others.
Digital Video Content Market Value Chain Analysis
In this report, we provide extensive information on the value chain analysis for the market. Our data covers all key stages of a cash logistics flow and provides a complete understanding of all aspects of a cash logistics value chain. This includes an end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies.
Which are the Key Regions for Digital Video Content Market?
45% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US is the key market for digital video content market in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in all other regions.
The growth of the digital video content market in the region is driven by the growing OTT market. A majority of this growth is attributed to the US and Canada. Both countries observed a significant growth in the subscriber base of OTT services. The Pay-TV market in North America is saturated with the shift toward OTT services. For instance, in November 2019, Apple Inc. (Apple) launched Apple TV+, the first video subscription service with all-original content. In North America, the SVOD market is witnessing significant growth owing to the presence of international and domestic players such as Netflix, Amazon.com, Hulu, and Pluto TV. Vendors in the market have adopted various strategies to increase the subscription rate, which is driving the growth of the market in the region. One of the strategies followed by vendors is the bundling approach in direct carrier billing (DCB).
What are the Revenue-generating Deployment Segments in the Digital Video Content Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a PDF Sample
The digital video content market share growth by the pay-TV segment will be significant during the forecast period. Pay TV is a type of digital content delivery method where the customer is required to have a traditional cable or satellite dish to access content offered by the service provider. It is further divided into subscription-based Pay-TV and on-demand Pay-TV. The growth of the global Pay-TV market is driven by the increasing demand for IPTV, which is a type of content delivery method where the Internet is used to deliver TV programs that are either live or on-demand. IPTV is often confused with OTT as the content in both is delivered through the Internet. However, IPTV is delivered over the service provider s own infrastructure (hardware/equipment), whereas OTT is delivered via the public Internet. The increasing adoption of IPTV is driven by numerous advantages, including the following: It is easily integrated with other Internet Protocol (IP)-based services.
The report provides a near-term to long-term perspective on the trends and forecasts horizon for the anti-venom market. It offers an overview of the key market drivers and restraints, enabling precise identification of key opportunities in each region over the coming years.
Digital Video Content Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 14.31%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 327.19 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 45%
Key consumer countries
US, China, UK, India, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive Strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., AT and T Inc., Comcast Corp., Netflix Inc., Sony Corp., Tubular Labs Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., and ViacomCBS Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Digital Video Content Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive the growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of digital video content market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 03: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 04: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 05: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 06: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 07: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 08: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 10: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 11: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 12: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 13: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Deployment
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 14: Deployment - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Deployment
- Exhibit 15: Comparison by Deployment
- 5.3 Play-TV - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 16: Play-TV - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 17: Play-TV - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 OTT - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 18: OTT - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 19: OTT - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Deployment
- Exhibit 20: Market opportunity by Deployment
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 22: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 23: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 24: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 25: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 30: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 31: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 34: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 35: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 36: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 37: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 38: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 40: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 41: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Alphabet Inc.
- Exhibit 42: Alphabet Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 43: Alphabet Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 44: Alphabet Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 45: Alphabet Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Amazon.com Inc.
- 10.5 Apple Inc.
- Exhibit 51: Apple Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 52: Apple Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 53: Apple Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 54: Apple Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.6 AT and T Inc.
- Exhibit 55: AT and T Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 56: AT and T Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 57: AT and T inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 58: AT and T Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 59: AT and T Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Comcast Corp.
- Exhibit 60: Comcast Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Comcast Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Comcast Corporation- Key news
- Exhibit 63: Comcast Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 64: Comcast Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Netflix Inc.
- Exhibit 65: Netflix Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Netflix Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Netflix Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 68: Netflix Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Sony Corp.
- Exhibit 69: Sony Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Sony Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 71: Sony Corp.- Key news
- Exhibit 72: Sony Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Sony Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Tubular Labs Inc.
- Exhibit 74: Tubular Labs Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Tubular Labs Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 76: Tubular Labs Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Verizon Communications Inc.
- Exhibit 77: Verizon Communications Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Verizon Communications Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Verizon Communications Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 80: Verizon Communications Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Verizon Communications Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.12 ViacomCBS Inc.
- Exhibit 82: ViacomCBS Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 83: ViacomCBS Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: ViacomCBS Inc- Key news
- Exhibit 85: ViacomCBS Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: ViacomCBS Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Growing number of partnerships and acquisitions in the VOD market
- Growing number of cross-platform partnerships
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts