Overview of the global aluminum market for the building and construction sector
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global aluminum market for the building and construction sector to grow at a CAGR of around 6% by 2020. Aluminum is one of the most sustainable and energy-efficient recyclable construction materials. Aluminum projects qualify for green building status as the aluminum composite panels are easily recyclable and do not lose any of their properties during the recycling process. Aluminum profiles are gaining market share due to their slim structure, durability, and negligible maintenance cost. These products have design flexibility, fast installation, easy fabrication, and superior performance. The anticipated growth of the building profile systems market will drive the consumption of aluminum products during the forecast period.
The market is witnessing huge surge in demand for nano self-cleaning aluminum composite panels. These aluminum panels are coated with nanomaterials films, which are not only resistant to harmful weather conditions but are also repellent to airborne pollutants. They are capable of repelling dust particles during rains and do not require any specific cleaning treatment. Nano coated aluminum composites also help in retaining gloss and color for a longer time as these are resistant to harmful effects of UV radiations. The demand for these nano aluminum composite panels will increase during the forecast period as they help in minimizing the overall maintenance costs and have a longer lifespan.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The market is highly fragmented and exclusively dominated by aluminum extrusion products. The market is characterized by the presence of well-diversified international and regional vendors. These vendors provide cost-effective casting products with limited functional capabilities. The competition in this market will intensify during the forecast period with the increase in technological innovations and mergers and acquisitions. It is expected that international players would grow inorganically by acquiring local players over the next four years.
Leading vendors in the market are -
- Gulf Extrusions
- Hindalco Industries
Other prominent vendors in the aluminum market for the building and construction sector include Altaiseer Aluminium, ALUPCO, Bahrain Atomizer International, Balexco, Hulamin Extrusions, and TALCO.
Segmentation by type and analysis of the aluminum market for the building and construction sector
- Flat-rolled products
- Powder, paste, and flake
The extrusion segment will continue its dominance in the aluminum market for the building and construction sector during the forecast period and is likely to occupy around 74% of the total market share by 2020. Aluminum extruded products are used in the manufacturing of windows and doors, sun shades and light shelves, photovoltaic panel framing and skylights, standard profiles, curtain walls, sliding and hinged, and fire rated doors. Aluminum extrusions are more beneficial over other materials in terms of lead time and cost. For instance, the extrusion dies are five times lesser in cost to die casting products, injection molding dies, and rolled products.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the aluminum market for the building and construction sector
APAC will be the fastest-growing region in the aluminum market for the building and construction sector during the predicted period and is likely to grow at a CAGR of around 7% by 2020. China is the prime demand driver and the largest market for aluminum in APAC as it attracts maximum investments in the construction activities. The increase in construction spending with stronger growth in the infrastructure and non-residential sectors will increase the consumption of aluminum in the APAC nations during the forecast period.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global aluminum market for the building and construction sector?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global aluminum market for the building and construction sector?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global aluminum market for the building and construction sector?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global aluminum market for the building and construction sector?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global aluminum market for the building and construction sector?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Global aluminum pricing
- Global aluminum LME pricing trend: Likelihood of rebound
PART 06: Market landscape
- Global aluminum market for building and construction sector
- Five forces analysis
PART 07: Market segmentation by type
- Global aluminum extrusion market for building and construction sector
- Global aluminum FRP market for building and construction sector
- Global aluminum casting market for building and construction sector
- Global aluminum powder, flakes, and paste market for building and construction sector
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Aluminum market for building and construction sector in APAC
- Aluminum market for building and construction sector in Europe
- Aluminum market for building and construction sector in Americas
- Aluminum market for building and construction sector in MEA
PART 09: Market drivers
- Rise in concerns for green environment
- Majority of extrusion demand base to be infused with $12 trillion over next five years
- Increase in automation of building systems
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
- Upstream industry challenges driven by trade policies in China affecting downstream growth
- Fluctuating LME prices influence premium
- Power shortage leads to imbalance in demand supply
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
- Rise in demand for nano self-cleaning aluminum composite panels
- Rise in use of aluminum in BIPV systems
- Aluminum extrusions offer lead time and cost advantage
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Key news
- Key market vendors
- Other prominent vendors
PART 15: Key vendor analysis
- Gulf Extrusions
- Hindalco Industries
PART 16: Appendix
PART 17: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape