Library Management Software Market by End-user, Deployment, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 129
- SKU: IRTNTR43418
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The library management software market share is expected to increase by USD 273.59 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 2.41%.
This library management software market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers library management software market segmentation by end-user (school library, public library, academic library, and others), deployment (cloud-based and on-premises), and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America). The library management software market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Awapal Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Axiell Group, Civica UK Ltd., CR2 Technologies Ltd., Insight Informatics Pty Ltd., PowerSchool Group LLC, PrimaSoft PC Inc., ProQuest LLC, PTFS Inc., and Soutron Ltd. among others.
What will the Library Management Software Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Library Management Software Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Library Management Software Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The rise in demand for library management software from APAC is notably driving the library management software market growth, although factors such as growing concerns about data security may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the library management software industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Library Management Software Market Driver
There is an increased demand for library management software from APAC. The growing demand from countries, such as China, India, and Japan, is expected to propel the market growth in APAC. In these countries, more companies are investing in library automation and library management software. For instance, in February 2020, the Department of Public Libraries in Bengaluru, India, announced the launch of a library app, which can be used to access close to 100,000 books, journals, and textbooks by the members of state libraries. It also announced the availability of textbooks for classes 1-12 on the app. Bidders have been invited to create the digital library, and the successful bidder needs to provide a cloud-based integrated digital library platform. The platform will include books alongside multimedia material that will promote learning, especially for higher education students and those preparing for civil service exams.
Key Library Management Software Market Trend
The implementation of open source library management software is a major trend in the global library management software market. For instance, Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, continues to be dominant in providing library management software to academic libraries. It supports VuFind and Blacklight, which are open-source discovery interfaces. Similarly, EBSCO aided in launching the FOLIO project to develop an open-source LSP, apart from its direct content and technology products.
Key Library Management Software Market Challenge
One of the major challenges of using library management software is data security. This concern is more prominent in cloud-based library management software. The data that is present in the library management system becomes vulnerable to security risks if a proper security system is not installed. End-users require cloud vendors and suppliers to ensure that the software meets certain certified standards of security. This is perceived as an effort from end-users to ensure the security of the data that is fed to library management software. Such security standards do not provide complete protection from security breaches since these certifications are restricted to data centers and are location-specific. There is no surety that the data is in an encrypted format when it travels over the Internet.
This library management software market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
The growth in the global application software market will be driven by factors such as increasing adoption of analytics in enterprises, increasing software investments by small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and growing adoption of cloud- and subscription-based software. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the library management software market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Library Management Software Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Awapal Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Axiell Group
- Civica UK Ltd.
- CR2 Technologies Ltd.
- Insight Informatics Pty Ltd.
- PowerSchool Group LLC
- PrimaSoft PC Inc.
- ProQuest LLC
- PTFS Inc.
- Soutron Ltd.
This statistical study of the library management software market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The library management software market is fragmented and the vendors are offering innovative products to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Awapal Solutions Pvt. Ltd. - The company offers library management software that is used for book issue rules, add a book, booklist, student list, and others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The library management software market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Library Management Software Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the library management software market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chains is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by vendors to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Library Management Software Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
51% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is a key market for library management software in North America. Market growth in North America will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The usage of technologies based on web resources along with advanced IT products that facilitate a better learning experience will facilitate the library management software market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The pandemic had a lesser impact on the library management software market, as the spread of COVID-19 and related lockdowns resulted in schools and universities adopting the distance education model. The rising adoption of online education enhanced the use of cloud-based services, accelerated digital transformation, increased the need for the latest technologies, and created a stronger demand for library management. Such factors will drive the growth of the library management software market across the region during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End-user Segments in the Library Management Software Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The library management software market share growth by the school library segment will be significant during the forecast period. School libraries include those in kindergarten up to grade 12. These libraries are high in number in countries such as India, the US, Russia, China, and Japan. However, the revenue generated from library management software is low in this segment, owing to the wide use of open source and free library management software.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the library management software market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Library Management Software Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 2.41%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 273.59 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 51%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, China, Russian Federation, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Awapal Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Axiell Group, Civica UK Ltd., CR2 Technologies Ltd., Insight Informatics Pty Ltd., PowerSchool Group LLC, PrimaSoft PC Inc., ProQuest LLC, PTFS Inc., and Soutron Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Library Management Software Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive library management software market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the library management software market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the library management software industry across North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of library management software market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Application software
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 School library - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: School library - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: School library - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Public library - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Public library - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Public library - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Academic library - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Academic library - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Academic library - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 24: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Market Segmentation by Deployment
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 26: Deployment - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.2 Comparison by Deployment
- Exhibit 27: Comparison by Deployment
- 6.3 Cloud-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Cloud-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 29: Cloud-based - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 On-premises - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 30: On-premises - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 31: On-premises - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Market opportunity by Deployment
- Exhibit 32: Market opportunity by Deployment
7 Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 34: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 35: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 37: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 39: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 41: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 42: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 43: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 44: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 45: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 46: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 47: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 48: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Overview
- 10.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 49: Vendor landscape
- 10.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 50: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 51: Industry risks
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 52: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 53: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Awapal Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Exhibit 54: Awapal Solutions Pvt. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 55: Awapal Solutions Pvt. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 56: Awapal Solutions Pvt. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.4 Axiell Group
- Exhibit 57: Axiell Group - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Axiell Group - Business segments
- Exhibit 59: Axiell Group - Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: Axiell Group - Segment focus
- 11.5 Civica UK Ltd.
- Exhibit 61: Civica UK Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Civica UK Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: Civica UK Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.6 CR2 Technologies Ltd.
- Exhibit 64: CR2 Technologies Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: CR2 Technologies Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: CR2 Technologies Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.7 Insight Informatics Pty Ltd.
- Exhibit 67: Insight Informatics Pty Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Insight Informatics Pty Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 69: Insight Informatics Pty Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.8 PowerSchool Group LLC
- Exhibit 70: PowerSchool Group LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 71: PowerSchool Group LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 72: PowerSchool Group LLC- Key news
- Exhibit 73: PowerSchool Group LLC - Key offerings
- 11.9 PrimaSoft PC Inc.
- Exhibit 74: PrimaSoft PC Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: PrimaSoft PC Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 76: PrimaSoft PC Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.10 ProQuest LLC
- Exhibit 77: ProQuest LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 78: ProQuest LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 79: ProQuest LLC- Key news
- Exhibit 80: ProQuest LLC - Key offerings
- 11.11 PTFS Inc.
- Exhibit 81: PTFS Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 82: PTFS Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 83: PTFS Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.12 Soutron Ltd.
- Exhibit 84: Soutron Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 85: Soutron Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 86: Soutron Ltd. - Key offerings
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Russian Federation
- Rise in demand for library management software from APAC
- Increase in the use of open-source library management software
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts