Mass Spectrometry Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR40445
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The mass spectrometry market share is expected to increase by USD 2.17 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 7.16%.
This mass spectrometry market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers mass spectrometry market segmentation by end-user (pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, chemical and petrochemical industries, and others) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The mass spectrometry market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Agilent Technologies Inc., AMETEK Inc., Bruker Corp., Danaher Corp., FLIR Systems Inc., Hitachi Ltd., JEOL Ltd., PerkinElmer Inc., Shimadzu Corp., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. among others.
What will the Mass Spectrometry Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Mass Spectrometry Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Mass Spectrometry Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The increase in the use of hyphenated technology is notably driving the mass spectrometry market growth, although factors such as may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the mass spectrometry market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Mass Spectrometry Market Driver
One of the key factors driving growth in the mass spectrometry market is the increase in the use of hyphenated technology. Hyphenation is the combination of one or more functions into a single product and often requires two individual instruments to be built under a single casing, which can work in tandem with each other. The coupling of LC separation with mass characterization has been employed in a wide range of applications. The use of hyphenated technology helps vendors arrive at accurate and faster results, higher sample throughput, better reproducibility, greater reduction of contamination due to its closed system, and enhanced separation and quantification achieved. Hyphenated technology is also cost-effective.
Key Mass Spectrometry Market Trend
The rising focus on drug discovery and development is another major factor supporting the mass spectrometry market share growth. The major chronic diseases prevalent globally have accelerated disease rates globally, which, in turn, has increased the R&D spending among end-users. The mass spectrometer is also useful in drug development as it provides unique and important information on molecular interactions and protein functions. The use of MS in drug discovery and development has been triggered by a greater understanding of the disease process at the molecular level. The sensitivity and resolution of MS are likely to lead to higher quality and increase the chances of its applications in large protein targets, owing to the rapid progression in mass spectrometer methodology development.
Key Mass Spectrometry Market Challenge
Lack of imaging capability is the major hindrance to the mass spectrometry market growth. MS is known to identify molecules based on the recorded measurements of mass-to-charge ratios. In addition, these molecules are displayed or plotted on a spectrum that consists of an X-Y axis where the X-axis displays the mass-to-charge ratio and the Y-axis displays the relative intensity of the molecules. The molecules are represented on a graph by means of a peak, the height of which shows the number of particular molecules present in the sample. Molecular imaging techniques have become quite common in pharmaceutical research and biomarker (small traceable substances, usually a fluid that's injected into the body) discovery as they enable researchers to see the biological and anatomical features of these molecules. However, mass spectrometers are unable to perform such imaging functions, which curbs the growth of the market.
This mass spectrometry market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global mass spectrometry market as a part of the global life science tools and services market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the mass spectrometry market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Mass Spectrometry Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- AMETEK Inc.
- Bruker Corp.
- Danaher Corp.
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- JEOL Ltd.
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Shimadzu Corp.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
This statistical study of the mass spectrometry market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The mass spectrometry market is concentrated and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The mass spectrometry market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Mass Spectrometry Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the mass spectrometry market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global life science tools and services market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Mass Spectrometry Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
36% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US and Canada are the key markets for mass spectrometry in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in the European, APAC, and South American regions.
The increased focus on drug discovery and development in several pharmaceutical companies will facilitate the mass spectrometry market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating End-user Segments in the Mass Spectrometry Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The mass spectrometry market share growth in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries segment will be significant during the forecast period. The significant investments made by governments in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries will drive the growth of the market during the forecast period. In 2021, approximately USD 120 billion was invested in the pharmaceutical industry to improve the sales force, product quality, and marketing channels. Such developments will improve the quality of the existing facilities and enable the establishment of innovative facilities. The demand for MS will increase with the growth of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast-tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the mass spectrometry market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Mass Spectrometry Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 7.16%
Market growth 2020-2024
USD 2.17 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 36%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, China, Germany, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Agilent Technologies Inc., AMETEK Inc., Bruker Corp., Danaher Corp., FLIR Systems Inc., Hitachi Ltd., JEOL Ltd., PerkinElmer Inc., Shimadzu Corp., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Mass Spectrometry Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive mass spectrometry market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the mass spectrometry market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the mass spectrometry market industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of mass spectrometry market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Life sciences tools and services
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Chemical and petrochemical industries - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Chemical and petrochemical industries - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Chemical and petrochemical industries - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 40: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 43: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 44: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Exhibit 45: Agilent Technologies Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 46: Agilent Technologies Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 47: Agilent Technologies Inc. - Key News
- Exhibit 48: Agilent Technologies Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 49: Agilent Technologies Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 AMETEK Inc.
- Exhibit 50: AMETEK Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: AMETEK Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: AMETEK Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Bruker Corp.
- Exhibit 53: Bruker Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Bruker Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: Bruker Corp. - Key News
- Exhibit 56: Bruker Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 57: Bruker Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Danaher Corp.
- Exhibit 58: Danaher Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Danaher Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 60: Danaher Corp. - Key News
- Exhibit 61: Danaher Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 62: Danaher Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Hitachi Ltd.
- Exhibit 63: Hitachi Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Hitachi Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: Hitachi Ltd. – Key News
- Exhibit 66: Hitachi Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Hitachi Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.8 JEOL Ltd.
- Exhibit 68: JEOL Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: JEOL Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: JEOL Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 71: JEOL Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.9 PerkinElmer Inc.
- Exhibit 72: PerkinElmer Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: PerkinElmer Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: PerkinElmer Inc. - Key News
- Exhibit 75: PerkinElmer Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 76: PerkinElmer Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Shimadzu Corp.
- Exhibit 77: Shimadzu Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Shimadzu Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Shimadzu Corp. – Key News
- Exhibit 80: Shimadzu Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Shimadzu Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Teledyne FLIR LLC
- Exhibit 82: Teledyne FLIR LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 83: Teledyne FLIR LLC - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: Teledyne FLIR LLC - Key News
- Exhibit 85: Teledyne FLIR LLC - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: Teledyne FLIR LLC - Segment focus
- 10.12 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Exhibit 87: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 88: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 89: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Key News
- Exhibit 90: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 91: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 92: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 93: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 94: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 95: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 96: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increase in use of hyphenated technology
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts