Sushi Restaurants Market Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Oct 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR70545
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The sushi restaurants market share is expected to increase by USD 2.49 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 2.55%. This sushi restaurants market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. The sushi restaurants market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Feng Sushi, FOOD and LIFE COMPANIES Ltd., HAMAZUSHI Co. Ltd., Innovative Dining Group, Kappa Create Co. Ltd., Kura Sushi USA Inc., Maxims Caterers Ltd., Peace Dining Corp., Sakae Holdings Ltd., and Wasabi Sushi among others. Furthermore, this report extensively covers sushi restaurants market segmentation by product (RDSR and CBSR) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA).
What will the Sushi Restaurants Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Sushi Restaurants Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Sushi Restaurants Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The increasing marketing strategies is notably driving the sushi restaurants market growth, although factors such as potential food contamination may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the sushi restaurants industry. The holistic sushi industry statistics of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Sushi Restaurants Market Driver
One of the key factors driving growth in the sushi restaurants market is the increasing marketing strategies. The foodservice industry heavily depends on various marketing activities, such as advertising and product promotions, to increase sales. Vendors advertise their brands and products through electronic and print media. Many sushi restaurant chains are focusing on marketing campaigns owing to digitization and related developments. Vendors primarily use digital media as a platform for marketing. Nowadays, consumers spend a significant part of their time on social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thus, vendors are using these sites to attract Millennials. Commercial vendors, such as quick-service sushi restaurants, use Twitter to increase brand awareness. They post promotional offers and photos of the food, which also increases customer engagement. On Instagram, as the recipient s attention is focused primarily on photos, restaurants put up pictures that are captured by professional photographers hired by them to gain traction on social media websites.
Key Sushi Restaurants Market Trend
The innovative sushi dishes is another factor supporting the sushi restaurants market share growth. For decades now, sushi has remained a popular dish in the Western world. However, many people outside Japan still do not know about all the different types of sushi that exist. The latest craze is Nigiri sushi, and its popularity has been growing of late. It is a type of sushi served by many sushi restaurants around the world. Nigiri is not rolled in seaweed and consists of a thinly sliced piece of raw fish laid over a lump of sushi rice. Some of the new sushi trends include sushi rolls which is popularly made with spicy tuna roll with a seaweed wrap, raw tuna, avocado, cucumber, green onion, and spicy sauce; or a California roll with a seaweed wrap, crab, cucumber, and avocado. Other sushi dishes include sushi cakes (layers of sushi rice, fish, and other items) and sushi sandwiches (using sushi rice instead of bread).
Key Sushi Restaurants Market Challenge
The potential food contamination will be a major challenge for the sushi restaurants market during the forecast period. Majority of foodservice players purchase/source raw materials such as vegetables, meat, and dairy products from third-party suppliers. Improper handling of these supplies can lead to food contamination, eventually affecting the safety and the quality of the product. Germs spread from foods to kitchen surfaces, floors, equipment, door handles, and hands. Therefore, cross-contamination is the most common reason for food poisoning. It can result in products being discarded or recalled, thus, affecting the operations and sales of the company in question. Enforcement officers even have the right to shut down the business operation of such players, owing to unsafe and unhygienic activities related to their food products. They have the authority to confiscate/seize the food and beverage products that are possible threats to the overall well-being of consumers.
This sushi restaurants market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global sushi restaurants market as a part of the global hotels, restaurants, and leisure market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the sushi restaurants market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Sushi Restaurants Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Feng Sushi
- FOOD and LIFE COMPANIES Ltd.
- HAMAZUSHI Co. Ltd.
- Innovative Dining Group
- Kappa Create Co. Ltd.
- Kura Sushi USA Inc.
- Maxims Caterers Ltd.
- Peace Dining Corp.
- Sakae Holdings Ltd.
- Wasabi Sushi
This statistical study of the sushi restaurants market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The sushi restaurants market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The sushi restaurants market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Sushi Restaurants Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the sushi restaurants market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chains is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Sushi Restaurants Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
84% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. Japan and China are the key markets for sushi restaurants in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The rising awareness about Japanese cuisine in neighboring countries such as China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam and their cultural similarities will facilitate the sushi restaurants market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Sushi Restaurants Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The sushi restaurants market share growth by the RDSR segment will be significant during the forecast period. The regular dine-in sushi restaurants (RDSR) segment of the global sushi restaurants market includes sushi restaurants that offer fine dining, fast-casual, quick service, and sushi bars, among others. The concept of quick-service sushi restaurants is growing globally following the introduction of new sushi dishes such as sushi burritos and sushi rolls.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the sushi restaurants market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Sushi Restaurants Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 2.55%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 2.49 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 84%
Key consumer countries
Japan, US, China, UK, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Feng Sushi, FOOD and LIFE COMPANIES Ltd., HAMAZUSHI Co. Ltd., Innovative Dining Group, Kappa Create Co. Ltd., Kura Sushi USA Inc., Maxims Caterers Ltd., Peace Dining Corp., Sakae Holdings Ltd., and Wasabi Sushi
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Sushi Restaurants Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive sushi restaurants market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the sushi restaurants market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the sushi restaurants industry across APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of sushi restaurants market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Restaurant market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 RDSR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: RDSR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: RDSR - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 CBSR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: CBSR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: CBSR - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Feng Sushi
- Exhibit 43: Feng Sushi - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Feng Sushi - Product and service
- Exhibit 45: Feng Sushi - Key offerings
- 10.4 FOOD and LIFE COMPANIES Ltd.
- Exhibit 46: FOOD and LIFE COMPANIES Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 47: FOOD and LIFE COMPANIES Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 48: FOOD and LIFE COMPANIES Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.5 HAMAZUSHI Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 49: HAMAZUSHI Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: HAMAZUSHI Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 51: HAMAZUSHI Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Innovative Dining Group
- Exhibit 52: Innovative Dining Group - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Innovative Dining Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: Innovative Dining Group - Key offerings
- 10.7 Kappa Create Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 55: Kappa Create Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 56: Kappa Create Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 57: Kappa Create Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.8 Kura Sushi USA Inc.
- Exhibit 58: Kura Sushi USA Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Kura Sushi USA Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 60: Kura Sushi USA Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Maxims Caterers Ltd.
- Exhibit 61: Maxims Caterers Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Maxims Caterers Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: Maxims Caterers Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.10 Peace Dining Corp.
- Exhibit 64: Peace Dining Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Peace Dining Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: Peace Dining Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Sakae Holdings Ltd.
- 10.12 Wasabi Sushi
- Exhibit 71: Wasabi Sushi - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Wasabi Sushi - Product and service
- Exhibit 73: Wasabi Sushi - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 74: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 75: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 76: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 77: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 78: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing marketing strategies
- Innovative sushi dishes
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.