Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Apr 2021
- Pages: 119
- SKU: IRTNTR44933
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The aluminum scrap recycling market share is expected to increase by 11782.76 thousand metric tonnes from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 8.16%.
This aluminum scrap recycling market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers aluminum scrap recycling market segmentation by end-user (secondary smelting and downstream) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America). The aluminum scrap recycling market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Alcoa Corp., Constellium SE, Hindalco Industries Ltd., Kuusakoski Group Oy, Matalco Inc., Metal Exchange Corp., Norton Aluminium Ltd., Real Alloy, Rio Tinto Ltd., and Sims Metal Management Ltd. among others.
What will the Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The energy and environmental factors is notably driving the aluminum scrap recycling market growth, although factors such as decrease in the recycling rate of used beverage cans may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the aluminum scrap recycling industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market Driver
The energy and environmental factors is notably driving the aluminum scrap recycling market growth. The reduced energy consumption in the recycling process is one of the notable factors that are advantageous for the recycling of aluminum scrap. The recycling process of aluminum scrap reduces energy consumption by about 95%. This advantage makes it a preferred option and is increasing the demand in many regions. The emission standards are set by government agencies to help reduce emissions during the process of recycling aluminum scrap, thereby facilitating environmental conservation.
Key Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market Trend
Increasing use of aluminum in automobile industry is the key market trend driving the aluminum scrap recycling market growth. The application of aluminum in the automobile industry is growing as aluminum is a safe, fast, cost-effective, and the most environment-friendly solution to boost fuel economy, reduce emissions, and increase the overall performance of the vehicle. Automobile companies are also focusing on using secondary aluminum for their vehicle manufacturing activities. For instance, Nissan has created a network for sorting and collecting aluminum wheels separately from Nissan vehicles. These factors have fueled the growth of the aluminum scrap recycling industry.
Key Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market Challenge
Decrease in the recycling rate of used beverage cans is the major challenge impeding the aluminum scrap recycling market growth. The aluminum cans market, especially in North America, is facing a challenge of declining beverage can stock market. The decline in the consumption of carbonated soft drinks had a significant impact on the market. Individuals in North America have become health conscious and are preferring water and iced tea over carbonated soft drinks. Paperboard beverage packaging is gaining popularity among packaged food and beverage producers. These factors will increase the demand for paper packaging for food and beverages, which, in turn, will reduce the demand for aluminum packaging during the forecast period.
This aluminum scrap recycling market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global aluminum scrap recycling market is a part of the global diversified metals and mining market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the aluminum scrap recycling market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Alcoa Corp.
- Constellium SE
- Hindalco Industries Ltd.
- Kuusakoski Group Oy
- Matalco Inc.
- Metal Exchange Corp.
- Norton Aluminium Ltd.
- Real Alloy
- Rio Tinto Ltd.
- Sims Metal Management Ltd.
This statistical study of the aluminum scrap recycling market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The aluminum scrap recycling market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Alcoa Corp. - The company offers aluminum scrap recycling such as aluminum smelting and casting along with the majority of the energy assets.
- Alcoa Corp. - Bauxite is an important raw material for alumina refining, and hence, is a major business segment for Alcoa. Under the bauxite segment, the company is involved in processing most of the bauxite that is mined, which is then converted into alumina. The company sells the remaining bauxite to third parties.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The aluminum scrap recycling market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the aluminum scrap recycling market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
Which are the Key Regions for Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
60% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and India are the key markets for aluminum scrap recycling in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The growth in the construction and automobile industries in the country has increased the demand for aluminum downstream products, which will facilitate the aluminum scrap recycling market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The market in the region is witnessing certain challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Owing to the spread of the pandemic, many vendors have temporarily shut down their operations in the region. However, the demand for aluminum scrap recycling is expected to rise due to the gradual resuming of operations by end-user industries and new strategies adopted by them to recover from the COVID-19 predicament.
What are the Revenue-generating End-user Segments in the Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The aluminum scrap recycling market share growth by the secondary smelting segment will be significant during the forecast period. The process of secondary smelting involves the collection and sorting of aluminum scrap. Contractors across the world are implementing new technologies and adopting various techniques. This focus on increased R&D activities is expected to boost the construction industry, which, in turn, will drive the growth of the market for aluminum scrap recycling during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the aluminum scrap recycling market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 8.16%
Market growth 2021-2025
11782.76 th MT
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 60%
Key consumer countries
US, China, India, Germany, and South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Alcoa Corp., Constellium SE, Hindalco Industries Ltd., Kuusakoski Group Oy, Matalco Inc., Metal Exchange Corp., Norton Aluminium Ltd., Real Alloy, Rio Tinto Ltd., and Sims Metal Management Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Aluminum Scrap Recycling Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive aluminum scrap recycling market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the aluminum scrap recycling market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the aluminum scrap recycling industry across APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of aluminum scrap recycling market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Diversified metals and mining
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 (thousand MT)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Secondary smelting - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Secondary smelting - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand MT)
- Exhibit 18: Secondary smelting - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Downstream - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Downstream - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand MT)
- Exhibit 20: Downstream - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand MT)
- Exhibit 26: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand MT)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand MT)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand MT)
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand MT)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography (thousand MT)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Alcoa Corp.
- Exhibit 43: Alcoa Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Alcoa Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: Alcoa Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 46: Alcoa Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: Alcoa Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Constellium SE
- 10.5 Hindalco Industries Ltd.
- Exhibit 53: Hindalco Industries Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Hindalco Industries Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: Hindalco Industries Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 56: Hindalco Industries Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 57: Hindalco Industries Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Kuusakoski Group Oy
- Exhibit 58: Kuusakoski Group Oy - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Kuusakoski Group Oy - Business segments
- Exhibit 60: Kuusakoski Group Oy - Key news
- Exhibit 61: Kuusakoski Group Oy - Key offerings
- Exhibit 62: Kuusakoski Group Oy - Segment focus
- 10.7 Matalco Inc.
- Exhibit 63: Matalco Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Matalco Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 65: Matalco Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.8 Metal Exchange Corp.
- Exhibit 66: Metal Exchange Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Metal Exchange Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 68: Metal Exchange Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Norton Aluminium Ltd.
- Exhibit 69: Norton Aluminium Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Norton Aluminium Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Norton Aluminium Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.10 Real Alloy
- Exhibit 72: Real Alloy - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Real Alloy - Product and service
- Exhibit 74: Real Alloy - Key offerings
- 10.11 Rio Tinto Ltd.
- Exhibit 75: Rio Tinto Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Rio Tinto Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: Rio Tinto Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 78: Rio Tinto Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 79: Rio Tinto Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Sims Metal Management Ltd.
- Exhibit 80: Sims Metal Management Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 81: Sims Metal Management Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 82: Sims Metal Management Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 83: Sims Metal Management Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 84: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 85: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 86: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 87: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 88: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- Energy and environmental factors
- Technological advances: LIBS and solid - state recycling
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.