Biofuels Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43406
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
The biofuels market share is expected to increase by USD 23.21 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 3.35%.
This biofuels market research report provides valuable insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers biofuels market segmentation by product (ethanol and biodiesel) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The biofuels market report also offers information on several market vendors, including ALTEN Group, Archer Daniels Midland Co., Argent Energy UK Ltd., BIOX Corp., Bunge Ltd., Cargill Inc., Louis Dreyfus Co. BV, RB FUELS, Renewable Energy Group Inc., and Wilmar International Ltd. among others.
What will the Biofuels Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Biofuels Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Biofuels Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increased adoption of renewable sources of energy is notably driving the biofuels market growth, although factors such as fluctuations in oil prices may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the biofuels industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Biofuels Market Driver
The increased adoption of renewable sources of energy is a major factor driving the global biofuels market growth. The rise in GHG emissions is of prime concern to mankind as these emissions are responsible for a number of environmental hazards, including ozone layer depletion. The need to reduce GHG emissions and prevent the degradation of the environment are the major driving forces behind the rapid adoption of renewable sources of energy. Renewable sources of energy are now cost-competitive and are now considered established sources of primary energy in many countries. Many countries in Europe, including Norway, Iceland, and Sweden, meet more than half of their total annual energy requirement through renewable sources of energy. The need to reduce GHG emissions and the increased adoption of renewables will be major driving forces for the global biofuels market during the forecast period.
Key Biofuels Market Trend
The research on third-generation biofuel is another factor supporting the global biofuels market growth. First-generation biofuels are produced using vegetable oil, starch, sugar, and animal fats. Second-generation biofuels, popularly known as advanced biofuels, are produced from feedstock, which is not consumed as food. Biofuel technology has further evolved with the introduction of third-generation biofuels. Third-generation biofuels are derived from algae that offer numerous advantages over other sources used to produce biofuels. Algae is used to produce diverse and high-quality biofuels when compared with other feedstocks. Biodiesel, butanol, gasoline, methane, ethanol, vegetable oil, and jet fuels are the type of fuels that can be derived from algae. Algae fuels also offer a greater yield and can produce more than ten times the fuel per acre of land when compared with traditional fuels. Micro-algae are becoming popular candidates for biofuel production owing to their high lipid contents and ease of cultivation. The development of third-generation fuels has led to the diversification of feedstock options and the performance improvement of biofuels leveraging advanced technology. Due to such reasons, the global biofuels market will continue to grow in the forecast period.
Key Biofuels Market Challenge
The fluctuations in oil prices will be a major challenge for the global biofuels market share growth during the forecast period. Biofuels companies face stiff competition from conventional fossil fuel producers. The global oil and gas industry is highly dependent on crude oil prices, which were subjected to several highs and lows in the recent past. As the crude oil price cycle has not exhibited a consistent trend over the past few years, the global crude oil market is highly volatile. The whole petroleum industry has witnessed a decline in growth owing to frequent fluctuations in crude oil prices. This can affect the alternate fuels market, which is still at a growing stage with a relatively low share of global fuel consumption. Essentially, crude oil and natural gas prices are very volatile and can shift in any direction anytime with high uncertainty. Frequent fluctuations in global crude oil prices disrupt the various activities in the oil and gas value chain. Therefore, the volatility of crude oil prices remains a threat to the global biofuels market.
This biofuels market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global biofuels market as part of the global oil and gas exploration and production market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the biofuels market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Biofuels Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- ALTEN Group
- Archer Daniels Midland Co.
- Argent Energy UK Ltd.
- BIOX Corp.
- Bunge Ltd.
- Cargill Inc.
- Louis Dreyfus Co. BV
- RB FUELS
- Renewable Energy Group Inc.
- Wilmar International Ltd.
This statistical study of the biofuels market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The biofuels market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- ALTEN Group- The company offers 100% biodiesel- B100, 20% biodiesel- B20 and other products.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The biofuels market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Biofuels Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the biofuels market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global oil and gas exploration and production market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Biofuels Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
25% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and India are the key markets for biofuels market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in all other regions.
Rising need for cleaner fuels will facilitate the biofuels market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Biofuels Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The biofuels market share growth by the ethanol segment will be significant during the forecast period. The need to reduce GHG emissions is the prime reason for the rising adoption of ethanol biofuel globally. The major use of ethanol is in the domestic transport sector by privately owned vehicles that mostly have a gasoline engine and are capable of running on ethanol-blended gasoline as well. This improves engine life, lowers harmful emissions, and has no effect on the efficiency of gasoline engines.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the radar simulator market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Biofuels Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 3.35%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 23.21 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 25%
Key consumer countries
US, Brazil, China, India, UK, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
ALTEN Group, Archer Daniels Midland Co., Argent Energy UK Ltd., BIOX Corp., Bunge Ltd., Cargill Inc., Louis Dreyfus Co. BV, RB FUELS, Renewable Energy Group Inc., and Wilmar International Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Biofuels Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive biofuels market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the biofuels market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the biofuels industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of biofuels market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Oil and gas exploration and production
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Ethanol - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Ethanol - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Ethanol - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Biodiesel - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Biodiesel - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Biodiesel - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 38: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 39: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 41: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 42: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 43: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 ALTEN Group
- Exhibit 44: ALTEN Group - Overview
- Exhibit 45: ALTEN Group - Business segments
- Exhibit 46: ALTEN Group – Key news
- Exhibit 47: ALTEN Group - Key offerings
- 10.4 Archer Daniels Midland Co.
- Exhibit 48: Archer Daniels Midland Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Archer Daniels Midland Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 50: Archer Daniels Midland Co. – Key news
- Exhibit 51: Archer Daniels Midland Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: Archer Daniels Midland Co. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Argent Energy UK Ltd.
- Exhibit 53: Argent Energy UK Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Argent Energy UK Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: Argent Energy UK Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.6 BIOX Corp.
- Exhibit 56: BIOX Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: BIOX Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 58: BIOX Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.7 Bunge Ltd.
- 10.8 Cargill Inc.
- Exhibit 63: Cargill Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Cargill Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 65: Cargill Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 66: Cargill Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Louis Dreyfus Co. BV
- Exhibit 67: Louis Dreyfus Co. BV - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Louis Dreyfus Co. BV - Business segments
- Exhibit 69: Louis Dreyfus Co. BV – Key news
- Exhibit 70: Louis Dreyfus Co. BV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 71: Louis Dreyfus Co. BV - Segment focus
- 10.10 RB FUELS
- Exhibit 72: RB FUELS - Overview
- Exhibit 73: RB FUELS - Product and service
- Exhibit 74: RB FUELS - Key offerings
- 10.11 Renewable Energy Group Inc.
- Exhibit 75: Renewable Energy Group Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Renewable Energy Group Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: Renewable Energy Group Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Renewable Energy Group Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Wilmar International Ltd.
- Exhibit 79: Wilmar International Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Wilmar International Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: Wilmar International Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Wilmar International Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 83: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 84: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 85: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 86: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 87: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- increased adoption of renewable sources of energy
- research on third-generation biofuel
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.