Biometric POS Terminals Market by Technology and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR45317
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The biometric pos terminals market share is expected to increase by USD 1.17 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 35.77%.
This biometric pos terminals market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers biometric pos terminals market segmentations by technology (fingerprint identification, palm vein identification, and others) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America). The biometric pos terminals market report also offers information on several market vendors, including BIYO LLC, EKEMP Intl Ltd., Fujitsu Ltd., Ingenico Group SA, M2SYS Technology, SmartMetric Inc., Sthaler Ltd., VeriFone Inc., Zvetco LLC, and Zwipe AS among others.
What will the Biometric POS Terminals Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Biometric POS Terminals Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Biometric POS Terminals Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and after post-COVID-19 era. The rise in fraud at merchant pos terminals is notably driving the biometric pos terminals market growth, although factors such as the absence of uniform standards may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the biometric pos terminals industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Biometric POS Terminals Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the biometric POS terminals market is the rise in fraud at merchant POS terminals. One of the main reasons for the growth of biometric POS terminals has been the high incidence of fraudulent activity. It would be difficult to replicate biometric data because it is unique to each individual. At POS, such malware has affected millions of people. Customers' security is improved by using biometric POS. Many retailers (and other businesses) are wondering if there is a real need for a biometric POS terminal and if there is a measurable return on investment. Once these companies recognize the inherent potential of these technologies, their market adoption rate is bound to rise. With the introduction of merchant EMV POS terminals, counterfeit fraud rates have nearly dropped to 33%. Furthermore, the risk of fraud at merchant POS terminals is rising. Users of credit and debit cards are vulnerable to identity theft and financial fraud. Hackers used remote access to POS systems to steal debit and credit card data, resulting in millions of dollars in transactions. Once hackers have gained access to the network, they can use techniques such as RAM scraping and keyloggers to obtain all of the sensitive data. As a consequence, the rise in fraud at merchant pos terminals is propelling the market forward.
Key Biometric POS Terminals Market Trend
The growth of the self-service market is another factor supporting the biometric POS terminals market growth in the forecast period. The adoption of biometric POS terminals is a trend that is fueled by the growth of the self-service market. A self-service kiosk is a type of interactive kiosk that consists of computer terminals with specialized software and hardware. A number of bill payment kiosks are currently being installed to meet the growing demand for shorter lines at offices and retail stores. Furthermore, as the self-service market grows, there will be greater demand for secure transactions that are both quick and accurate. As a result, the growth of the self-service market will undoubtedly aid the growth of the biometric POS terminals market. Furthermore, card transactions involving smart cards increase transaction security. Moreover, the self-service market also reduces the costs to the company and adds to the list of benefits that a biometric POS terminal offers.
Key Biometric POS Terminals Market Challenge
The absence of uniform standards will be a major challenge for the biometric POS terminals market during the forecast period. To ensure interoperability among technologies from various vendors, standardization is required. Standardization makes the integration process easier and allows vendors to upgrade to new technologies with little disruption to their current infrastructure. Furthermore, firms require a seamless transition when implementing new technologies to ensure that their workflow is not disrupted. Because biometric POS terminals lack standardization, it becomes a problem for businesses that choose to use them because operations are disrupted until the issues are resolved. Furthermore, there are two types of standard organizations in biometrics: formal and informal. Vendors typically form consortiums to agree on a standard that must be followed when producing biometric POS systems. Standardization eliminates the compatibility issues that businesses face when putting these systems in place. The use of compliant biometric solutions aids in the smooth transition of businesses to biometric devices. Interoperability is hampered by a lack of standardization. As a result, the global biometric POS terminals market's growth is being hampered by the lack of uniform standards.
This biometric pos terminals market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global biometric Point-of-Sales (POS) terminals market as a part of the global electronic equipment and instruments market. Furthermore, increasing demand for electronic test and measurement equipment, growing demand for metrology equipment and services, and growing demand for POS terminals will further drive the market growth of the parent market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the biometric pos terminals market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Biometric POS Terminals Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- BIYO LLC
- EKEMP Intl Ltd.
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Ingenico Group SA
- M2SYS Technology
- SmartMetric Inc.
- Sthaler Ltd.
- VeriFone Inc.
- Zvetco LLC
- Zwipe AS
This statistical study of the biometric POS terminals market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The biometric pos terminals market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as strategic alliances to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Fujitsu Ltd. - In May 2021, the company partnered with Rakuten Mobile, Inc. to jointly develop 4G and 5G Open RAN solutions to promote the creation of market-leading innovation.
- Ingenico Group SA - In July 2020, the company partnered with Saint-Sixtus Abbey to provide a global payments solution that supports the increased international demand for its award-winning beer.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The biometric POS terminals market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Biometric POS Terminals Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the biometric pos terminals market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global electronic equipment and instruments market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Biometric POS Terminals Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request a FREE sample now!
35% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is a key market for biometric POS terminals in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in MEA and South America.
The increasing instances of data breaches and cyberattacks will facilitate the biometric pos terminals market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic banks had deployed remote digital onboarding methods. These factors sustained the demand for biometric POS terminals in North America in the middle of the outbreak. Furthermore, the reopening of offices owing to the relaxation of lockdowns is likely to enhance the market’s growth during the forecast period in North America.
What are the Revenue-generating Technology Segments in the Biometric POS Terminals Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The biometric POS terminals market share growth in the fingerprint identification segment will be significant during the forecast period. The declining average selling price (ASP) of the technology and its easy installation and use will drive the fingerprint identification biometric technology during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the biometric pos terminals market size and actionable market insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Biometric POS Terminals Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 35.77%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 1.17 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 35%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, China, Germany, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
BIYO LLC, EKEMP Intl Ltd., Fujitsu Ltd., Ingenico Group SA, M2SYS Technology, SmartMetric Inc., Sthaler Ltd., VeriFone Inc., Zvetco LLC, and Zwipe AS
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Biometric POS Terminals Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive biometric POS terminals market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the biometric POS terminals market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the biometric POS terminals industry across North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of biometric pos terminals market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Electronic equipment and instruments market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Technology
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Technology - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Technology
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Technology
- 5.3 Fingerprint identification - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Fingerprint identification - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Fingerprint identification - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Palm vein identification - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Palm vein identification - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Palm vein identification - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Technology
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Technology
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 40: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 43: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 BIYO LLC
- Exhibit 45: BIYO LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 46: BIYO LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 47: BIYO LLC - Key offerings
- 10.4 EKEMP Intl Ltd.
- Exhibit 48: EKEMP Intl Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 49: EKEMP Intl Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 50: EKEMP Intl Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Fujitsu Ltd.
- Exhibit 51: Fujitsu Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 52: Fujitsu Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 53:Fujitsu Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 54: Fujitsu Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 55: Fujitsu Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Ingenico Group SA
- Exhibit 56: Ingenico Group SA - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Ingenico Group SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 58:Ingenico Group SA - Key news
- Exhibit 59: Ingenico Group SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: Ingenico Group SA - Segment focus
- 10.7 M2SYS Technology
- Exhibit 61: M2SYS Technology - Overview
- Exhibit 62: M2SYS Technology - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: M2SYS Technology - Key offerings
- 10.8 SmartMetric Inc.
- Exhibit 64: SmartMetric Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: SmartMetric Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: SmartMetric Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Sthaler Ltd.
- Exhibit 67: Sthaler Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Sthaler Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 69: Sthaler Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.10 VeriFone Inc.
- Exhibit 70: VeriFone Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: VeriFone Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 72: VeriFone Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Zvetco LLC
- Exhibit 73: Zvetco LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Zvetco LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 75: Zvetco LLC - Key offerings
- 10.12 Zwipe AS
- Exhibit 76: Zwipe AS - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Zwipe AS - Business segments
- Exhibit 78:Zwipe AS - Key news
- Exhibit 79: Zwipe AS - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: Zwipe AS - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 81: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 82: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 83: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 84: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 85: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- rise in fraud at merchant POS terminals
- growth of the self-service market
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.