Digital Pathology Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jul 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR45085
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The digital pathology market share is expected to increase by USD 617.6 millionn from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 14.02%.
This digital pathology market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers digital pathology market segmentations by product (Digital slide scanner and Software) and geography (North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW). The digital pathology market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 3DHISTECH Ltd., Co-Diagnostics Inc., Corista, Danaher Corp., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., General Electric Co., Hamamatsu Photonics KK, Koninklijke Philips NV, Olympus Corp., and Sectra AB among others.
What will the Digital Pathology Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Digital Pathology Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Digital Pathology Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The growing adoption of IoT infrastructure among laboratories is notably driving the digital pathology market growth, although factors such as issues regarding privacy and safety of a digital database may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the digital pathology industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Digital Pathology Market Driver
The growing adoption of IoT infrastructure among laboratories is a key driving factor impacting the global digital pathology market growth. A paradigm shift toward the development of advanced infrastructure to offer efficient healthcare services has increased the use of advanced equipment and software. Such advanced systems can make use of big data in healthcare to automate data management, facilitate decision-making, and provide efficient data analytical services using connected data-sharing capabilities. The increasing interest of governments of emerging economies in promoting mobile health (mHealth) services as a complementary strategy to achieve the health-related Millennium Development Goal has boosted the demand for teleconsultation services. Thus, the growing development of IoT infrastructure facilitates easy integration of digital pathology systems in laboratories and helps offer efficient healthcare services. This will substantially boost the growth of the global digital pathology market.
Key Digital Pathology Market Trend
Integration of AI into digital pathology systems is the key trend impacting the global digital pathology market growth. The advent of IoT in pathology laboratory services as a part of digitalization in healthcare has enabled the use of smarter and interoperable laboratory technologies through connected systems. Digital pathology data is largely contributing to the development of big healthcare data. For instance, a single laboratory facility using a digital pathology system generates between 1 and 1.5 PB of data each year. In addition, the reducing cost of cloud-based storage services has eased concerns regarding the storage of data collected through connected systems. The cost of storing laboratory data is expected to reduce by about 98.98% during 2015-2030. This is expected to reduce the additional cost involved in the storage of digital pathology data to some extent, making it more accessible by end-users.
Key Digital Pathology Market Challenge
Issues regarding privacy and safety of a digital database will be a major challenge negatively impacting the global digital pathology market growth. The major concerns of end-users relate to using reliable data storage architecture. Owing to the decreasing storage cost of cloud-based storage systems, digital pathology system providers promote the use of cloud-based architecture. However, cloud-based services are vulnerable to external breaches. Loss of data and security breaches can compromise the reliability and reputation of end-user organizations and may invoke legal proceedings. The threat of such database breaches has compelled end-users to rely on data safety service organizations and increase their spending on safeguarding sensitive databases. This has refrained from the adoption of digital pathology systems among end-users.
This digital pathology market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global digital pathology market as a part of the global life science tools and services market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the digital pathology market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Digital Pathology Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 3DHISTECH Ltd.
- Co-Diagnostics Inc.
- Danaher Corp.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- General Electric Co.
- Hamamatsu Photonics KK
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- Olympus Corp.
- Sectra AB
This statistical study of the digital pathology market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The digital pathology market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- 3DHISTECH Ltd. - The company offers digital pathology management system application such as casemanager, clinicalviewer, diagnostic applications.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The digital pathology market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Digital Pathology Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the digital pathology market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global life science tools and services market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Digital Pathology Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
39% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key market for the digital pathology market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The presence of a large number of key vendors in the region that offer products with integrated AI and automation technologies has also helped ease the accessibility to products in the regional market which will facilitate the digital pathology market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The digital pathology market grew ten-fold during COVID-19 in the region in 2020. When the need to deal with a high number of cases on a regular basis became evident, most the pathology labs integrated digital pathology tools into their daily workflow. As most of the pathologists have been working from home in the US during the lockdowns, digital pathology provided flexibility and also acted as an important component to deal with a shortage of pathologists. Due to an increase in the demand for digital pathology tools during the pandemic, the US FDA relaxed some of its guidelines regarding the validation of digital pathology tools. Hence, COVID-19 accelerated the adoption of digital pathology technology in the region, due to which the digital pathology market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Digital Pathology Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The digital pathology market share growth by the digital slide scanner segment will be significant during the forecast period. Scanners produce rapid, reliable, and high-resolution images of cells. Pathologists, histologists, and medical professionals can now scan slides and upload these images onto a network for remote access and association among colleagues, facilitating the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the digital pathology market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Digital Pathology Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 14.02%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 617.6 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
Performing market contribution
North America at 39%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, Germany, France, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
3DHISTECH Ltd., Co-Diagnostics Inc., Corista, Danaher Corp., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., General Electric Co., Hamamatsu Photonics KK, Koninklijke Philips NV, Olympus Corp., and Sectra AB
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Digital Pathology Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive digital pathology market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the digital pathology market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the digital pathology industry across North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of digital pathology market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Digital slide scanner - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Digital slide scanner - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Digital slide scanner - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Software - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Software - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Software - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Asia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 33: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 34: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 35: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 36: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 37: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 38: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 39: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 40: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 3DHISTECH Ltd.
- Exhibit 41: 3DHISTECH Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 42: 3DHISTECH Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 43: 3DHISTECH Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.4 Co-Diagnostics Inc.
- 10.5 Corista
- Exhibit 47: Corista - Overview
- Exhibit 48: Corista - Product and service
- Exhibit 49: Corista - Key offerings
- 10.6 Danaher Corp.
- Exhibit 50: Danaher Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Danaher Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 52: Danaher Corp.- Key news
- Exhibit 53: Danaher Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 54: Danaher Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.7 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Exhibit 55: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 56: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 57: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.8 General Electric Co.
- Exhibit 59: General Electric Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 60: General Electric Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 61: General Electric Co.-Key news
- Exhibit 62: General Electric Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: General Electric Co. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Hamamatsu Photonics KK
- Exhibit 64: Hamamatsu Photonics KK - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Hamamatsu Photonics KK - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: Hamamatsu Photonics KK-Key news
- Exhibit 67: Hamamatsu Photonics KK - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: Hamamatsu Photonics KK - Segment focus
- 10.10 Koninklijke Philips NV
- Exhibit 69: Koninklijke Philips NV - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Koninklijke Philips NV - Business segments
- Exhibit 71: Koninklijke Philips NV-Key news
- Exhibit 72: Koninklijke Philips NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Koninklijke Philips NV - Segment focus
- 10.11 Olympus Corp.
- Exhibit 74: Olympus Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Olympus Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 76: Olympus Corp.-Key news
- Exhibit 77: Olympus Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Olympus Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Sectra AB
- Exhibit 79: Sectra AB - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Sectra AB - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: Sectra AB - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Sectra AB - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 83: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 84: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 85: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 86: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 87: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- growing adoption of IoT infrastructure among laboratories
- Integration of AI into digital pathology systems
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts