Fitness App Market by Gender, Application, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Mar 2021
- Pages: 149
- SKU: IRTNTR40200
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
The fitness app market share is expected to increase by USD 3.50 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 15.34%.
This fitness app market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers fitness app market segmentation by gender (female and male), application (lifestyle monitoring, health monitoring, and others), and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America). The fitness app market report also offers information on several market vendors, including adidas AG, Alphabet Inc., ASICS Digital Inc., Azumio, BetterMe, Fiit Ltd., Jefit Inc., Nike Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., and Under Armour Inc. among others.
What will the Fitness App Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Fitness App Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Fitness App Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing use of mobile apps is notably driving the fitness app market growth, although factors such as increasing availability of low-quality apps may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the fitness app industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Fitness App Market Driver
The increasing use of mobile apps will fuel the growth of the fitness app market size. Sports and fitness apps enable people to maintain healthy lifestyles and fitness routines by tracking their footsteps, calories burnt, and running distance. The rising use of smartphones has increased the adoption of mobile apps, and the rising penetration of the Internet has increased the number of downloads of mobile apps. The availability of simple payment options for the subscription of digital content and access to tips on health management are encouraging people to use fitness apps. Awareness among people about health and nutrition will increase the adoption of mobile fitness apps and drive the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key Fitness App Market Trend
Competition between vendors is intense in the global fitness app market. Hence, they are opting for strategic partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions with market participants, such as software providers, technology providers, and platform providers. Collaborations and partnerships help vendors with product development and geographical expansion. They also enable vendors to gain access to technological expertise. Collaborations help them diversify their product portfolios by introducing new products and increasing the top-line revenue by expanding the market reach of products. Several companies have adopted these strategies to improve their presence in the market. The increasing number of M&A activities is leading to the development of fitness apps that incorporate innovative features, which is resulting in the growing adoption of fitness apps by end-users.
Key Fitness App Market Challenge
The high growth potential of wearable devices is increasing the number of downloads of several low-quality apps by end-users, which can affect the performance of devices such as smartphones. Some low-quality apps that are integrated with workout programs and content do not have adequate instructions, which can reduce the adoption of fitness apps. Differences in the quality of workout programs, such as aerobics and exercises, and the derived results hamper customer satisfaction. The use of such apps can have an adverse effect on pregnant women. The use of low-quality apps will affect customer satisfaction, which will hamper the growth of the fitness app market during the forecast period.
This fitness app market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global fitness app market as a part of the global application software market within the global IT software market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the fitness app market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Fitness App Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- adidas AG
- Alphabet Inc.
- ASICS Digital Inc.
- Fiit Ltd.
- Jefit Inc.
- Nike Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Under Armour Inc.
This statistical study of the fitness app market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The fitness app market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying various organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- adidas AG - The company offers fitness training through its Runtastic apps which guides about workouts, tracks activities, and boost performance to celebrate success.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The fitness app market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Fitness App Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the fitness app market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chains is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by vendors to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Fitness App Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
42% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and India are the key markets for fitness apps in APAC. Market growth in APAC will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The significant growth of the telecommunication industry will facilitate the fitness app market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, the demand for fitness app witnessed a major increase in APAC countries owing to the spread of COVID-19. Due to COVID-19, most of the gyms were closed in the region. Furthermore, factors such as hectic lifestyles, unhealthy eating habits, and a rise in the number of obese people in the region have driven the demand for fitness activities, thus driving the demand for a fitness app. Thus, all such factors have to increase in demand for the market in focus, and it is expected to remain the same during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Gender Segments in the Fitness App Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The fitness app market share growth by the female segment will be significant during the forecast period. The rising adoption of fitness trackers by women drives the growth of the segment. The preference of women to track their health and fitness will contribute to the growth of the fitness app market during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the fitness app market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Fitness App Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 15.34%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 3.50 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 42%
Key consumer countries
US, China, India, UK, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
adidas AG, Alphabet Inc., ASICS Digital Inc., Azumio, BetterMe, Fiit Ltd., Jefit Inc., Nike Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., and Under Armour Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Fitness App Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive fitness app market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the fitness app market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the fitness app industry across APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of fitness app market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain- Application software
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
- 3.5 Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on global fitness app market
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Analysis
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Application
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Application - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
- 5.3 Lifestyle monitoring - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Lifestyle monitoring - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Lifestyle monitoring - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Health monitoring - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Health monitoring - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Health monitoring - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Impact of COVID 19 on Application segment
- 5.7 Market opportunity by Application
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Application
6 Market Segmentation by Gender
- 6.1 Market segments
- 6.2 Comparison by Gender
- 6.3 Female - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Female - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 27: Female - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Male - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Male - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 29: Male - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Market opportunity by Gender
- Exhibit 30: Market opportunity by Gender
7 Customer landscape
- 7.1 Overview
- Exhibit 31: Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 32: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 33: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 35: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 37: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 39: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 41: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 42: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 43: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 44: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 45: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 46: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Overview
- Exhibit 47: Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 48: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 49: Industry risks
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 50: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 51: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 adidas AG
- Exhibit 52: adidas AG - Overview
- Exhibit 53: adidas AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 54: adidas AG - Key news
- Exhibit 55: adidas AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: adidas AG - Segment focus
- 11.4 Alphabet Inc.
- Exhibit 57: Alphabet Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Alphabet Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 59: Alphabet Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 60: Alphabet Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 61: Alphabet Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.5 ASICS Digital Inc.
- Exhibit 62: ASICS Digital Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: ASICS Digital Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 64: ASICS Digital Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.6 Azumio
- Exhibit 65: Azumio - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Azumio - Product and service
- Exhibit 67: Azumio - Key offerings
- 11.7 BetterMe
- Exhibit 68: BetterMe - Overview
- Exhibit 69: BetterMe - Product and service
- Exhibit 70: BetterMe - Key offerings
- 11.8 Fiit Ltd.
- Exhibit 71: Fiit Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Fiit Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 73: Fiit Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.9 Jefit Inc.
- Exhibit 74: Jefit Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Jefit Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 76: Jefit Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.10 Nike Inc.
- Exhibit 77: Nike Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Nike Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Nike Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 80: Nike Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Nike Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.11 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 82: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 83: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 85: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.12 Under Armour Inc.
- Exhibit 87: Under Armour Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 88: Under Armour Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 89: Under Armour Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 90: Under Armour Inc. - Segment focus
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 91: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 92: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 93: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 94: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 95: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing use of mobile apps
- Increasing number of M&A
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.