Manufacturing Execution Systems Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 135
- SKU: IRTNTR40527
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The manufacturing execution systems (MES) market share is expected to increase by USD 29.42 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 20%. This manufacturing execution system (MES) market research report provides valuable insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. The manufacturing execution systems market report also offers information on several market vendors, including ABB Ltd., Dassault Systemes SE, Emerson Electric Co., General Electric Co., Honeywell International Inc., Oracle Corp., Rockwell Automation Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, and Yokogawa Electric Corp. among others. Furthermore, this report extensively covers MES market segmentation by end-user (discrete industries and process industries) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America).
What will the Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Manufacturing Execution Systems Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and after the post-COVID-19 era. The continued demand for automation in industrial sectors is notably driving the MES market growth, although factors such as high upfront initial investment and complex installation procedures may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the manufacturing execution systems market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key MES Market Driver
One of the major market growth drivers in the global manufacturing execution systems market is the continued demand for automation in industrial sectors. Industries are finding ways and means to improve their efficiency and enhance the productivity of their manufacturing methods. This has fostered the automation of industrial processes. MES facilitates the flow of information from the shop floor to the rest of the company, which leads to better visibility of the shop floor and through which real-time control and adjustments to operations can be made easily. Benefits such as production, process, and energy monitoring of MES help in capturing data directly from machines and operators and provide real-time production metrics and analytics. Through such real-time metrics, MES identifies and sends alerts, triggers alarms, or even automatically shuts down a machine if needed. The continued demand for automation in industrial sectors is expected to foster the growth of the global manufacturing execution systems market during the forecast period.
Key MES Market Trend
The significant market trend in the global manufacturing execution systems market is its IoT functionality. The MES based on IoT functionality implements real-time monitoring throughout the manufacturing process and helps enterprises to implement integrated management and control. By leveraging IoT technology through MES, data can now be collected, aggregated, and visualized in real-time using sensing technology and beacons. Users can now have a clear understanding of the constantly changing status of work progress and hold-ups with precise timing, besides supporting the sort of advanced, on-the-spot decision-making needed to manage a factory such as fixing operational slowdowns and identifying bottlenecks. This method of smart manufacturing will increase the level of transparency among plant and field operations, supply chain, and demand management positively influencing the growth of the global manufacturing execution systems market during the forecast period.
Key MES Market Challenge
The major market challenge in the global manufacturing execution systems market is the high upfront initial investment and complex installation procedures. To implement MES, an upfront initial investment of USD 100,000 and annual maintenance and upgrading cost of $160,000 is incurred along with an additional USD 60,000 for shared infrastructure maintenance is required. The cumulative cost of implementing MES for four years can reach approximately $1 million. Apart from the high Capex requirement, its complex installation procedure acts as a hindrance to its adoption. As the installation of MES requires the integration of expensive hardware and software, it adds to the overall cost structure of the company. Additionally, the increasing complexities of manufacturing industries are further fostering the need for application-specific MES, thereby leading to a rise in complexities in the implementation of MES. These factors further limit the growth of the global MES market.
This manufacturing execution systems market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global manufacturing execution systems (MES) market as a part of the global application software market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the MES market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- ABB Ltd.
- Dassault Systemes SE
- Emerson Electric Co.
- General Electric Co.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Oracle Corp.
- Rockwell Automation Inc.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Siemens AG
- Yokogawa Electric Corp.
This statistical study of the manufacturing execution systems market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The MES market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as trying to offer new solutions to industries or update their existing product lines and are spending heavily on R&D to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Dassault Systemes SE - The company offers DELMIA Enterprise Manufacturing Execution System which includes all related operations and information sources and also leverages the IoT (Internet of Things) for a global solution for manufacturing industries.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The manufacturing execution systems market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the leading companies' production, sustainability, and prospects.
Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the MES market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global application software market includes the following core components:
- Software development process
- Marketing and distribution
- Post-selling services
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
34% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and Japan are the key markets for manufacturing execution systems (MES) in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
Factors such as increasing industrialization and urbanization, coupled with the ongoing shift toward renewable sources of power generation will facilitate the manufacturing execution systems market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the global economy as most enterprises had to temporarily suspend their manufacturing operations in order to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus. However, in 2021, the vaccination started rolling out, and strict safety rules were maintained. The lockdown has already been removed as the active COVID-19 cases declined.
What are the Revenue-generating End-user Segments in the Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a FREE sample
The MES market share growth by the discrete industries segment during the forecast period. In the aerospace and defence industry, MES improves quality and eliminates errors by providing information on real-time quality checks and automatic tolerance checks. MES increases collaboration and improves communication with internal teams reducing the cost and stress of regulation compliance.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the manufacturing execution systems market size and actionable market insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
You may be interested in:
Global Manufacturing Execution Systems Market in Discrete Industries- The market in discrete industries is envisaged to witness stupendous growth at a CAGR of more than 16% over the forecast period.
Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 20%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 29.42 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 34%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, Japan, Canada, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
ABB Ltd., Dassault Systemes SE, Emerson Electric Co., General Electric Co., Honeywell International Inc., Oracle Corp., Rockwell Automation Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, and Yokogawa Electric Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive manufacturing execution systems market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the MES market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behaviour
- The growth of the manufacturing execution systems industry across APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of MES market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Application software
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Discrete industries - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Discrete industries - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Discrete industries - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Process industries - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Process industries - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Process industries - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive Landscape
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 ABB Ltd.
- Exhibit 43: ABB Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: ABB Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: ABB Ltd. – key news
- Exhibit 46: ABB Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: ABB Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Dassault Systemes SE
- Exhibit 48: Dassault Systemes SE - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Dassault Systemes SE - Product and service
- Exhibit 50: Dassault Systemes SE – key news
- Exhibit 51: Dassault Systemes SE - Key offerings
- 10.5 Emerson Electric Co.
- Exhibit 52: Emerson Electric Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Emerson Electric Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 54: Emerson Electronic Co. – Key news
- Exhibit 55: Emerson Electric Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: Emerson Electric Co. - Segment focus
- 10.6 General Electric Co.
- Exhibit 57: General Electric Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: General Electric Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 59: General Electric Co. – Key news
- Exhibit 60: General Electric Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 61: General Electric Co. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Honeywell International Inc.
- Exhibit 62: Honeywell International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: Honeywell International Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 64: Honeywell International Inc – Key news
- Exhibit 65: Honeywell International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 66: Honeywell International Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Oracle Corp.
- Exhibit 67: Oracle Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Oracle Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 69: Oracle Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 70: Oracle Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 71: Oracle Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Rockwell Automation Inc.
- Exhibit 72: Rockwell Automation Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Rockwell Automation Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: Rockwell Automation Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 75: Rockwell Automation Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 76: Rockwell Automation Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Schneider Electric SE
- Exhibit 77: Schneider Electric SE - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Schneider Electric SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Schneider Electric SE - Key news
- Exhibit 80: Schneider Electric SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Schneider Electric SE - Segment focus
- 10.11 Siemens AG
- Exhibit 82: Siemens AG - Overview
- Exhibit 83: Siemens AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: Siemens AG – Key news
- Exhibit 85: Siemens AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: Siemens AG - Segment focus
- 10.12 Yokogawa Electric Corp.
- Exhibit 87: Yokogawa Electric Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 88: Yokogawa Electric Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 89: Yokogawa Electric Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 90: Yokogawa Electric Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 91: Yokogawa Electric Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 92: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 93: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 94: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 95: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 96: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- continued demand for automation in industrial sectors
- MES with IoT functionality gaining traction in the market
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts