Airborne ISR Market by Platform and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Nov 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR45271
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The airborne ISR market share is expected to increase by USD 6.83 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 5.83%.
This airborne ISR market research report provides valuable insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers airborne ISR market segmentation by platform (unmanned airborne ISR and manned airborne ISR) and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America). The airborne ISR market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Airbus SE, BAE Systems Plc, General Atomics, Kratos Defense, and Security Solutions Inc., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corp., Northrop Grumman Corp., Raytheon Technologies Corp., Teledyne FLIR LLC, and The Boeing Co. among others.
What will the Airborne ISR Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Airborne ISR Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Airborne ISR Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post-COVID-19 era. The increased demand for UAVs in military applications is notably driving the airborne ISR market growth, although factors such as stringent regulatory barriers in adopting new technologies and equipment may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the airborne ISR market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Airborne ISR Market Driver
One of the major market growth drivers in the global airborne ISR market is the increased demand for UAVs in military applications. The popularity of UAVs is increasing in military applications. The UAVs are small in size, cost-effective, and provide reliable solutions ideal for military applications when compared with manned ISR aircraft. They are also equipped with a broad range of components such as airframe, navigation system, autopilot, engine, sensor package, and communication system. Many countries are focusing on the advancement of UAVs and trying to incorporate them into their military base to strengthen their military operations. China is planning to procure more than 41,800 UAVs before 2023, which is valued at about $10.5 billion. Such large adoption of UAV will greatly drive the adoption of airborne ISR during the forecast period.
Key Airborne ISR Market Trend
The significant market trend in the global airborne ISR market is the increasing integration of Android and iOS-based devices. The Android and iOS operating systems have become crucial tools for increasing the situational awareness of military troops. In the concurrent asymmetrical warfare environment, military forces are inclined toward deploying small combat units instead of large military forces. Therefore, it is necessary to communicate effectively between the small deployed troops to maintain operational harmony in the war zone. Such devices increase the situational awareness of the military bases and troops and are predominantly employed in military mobilization network integration evaluation (NIE) and the software engineering directorate (SED) mobile applications. The iOS- or Android-based devices ensure the effective use of text messaging, video, and mapping technology, as well as assist the troops in determining the locations of their own troops and opponent.
Key Airborne ISR Market Challenge
The major market challenge in the global airborne ISR market is the stringent regulatory barriers to adopting new technologies and equipment. There are many vendors simultaneously working with government agencies and the department of defense in various countries. Therefore, it has become obligatory for airborne ISR manufacturers to adhere to stringent regulations at the federal, state, and local levels. The manufacturers are facing a delay in the procurement of airborne ISR aircraft from the government. In September 2016, India put a hold on the purchase of the two ISTAR aircraft from Raytheon due to internal conflicts between the IAF and DRDO. Such delays in procurement and stringent regulatory obligation pose a greater challenge for airborne ISR manufacturers.
This airborne ISR market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global airborne ISR market as a part of the global aerospace and defense market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the airborne ISR market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Airborne ISR Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Airbus SE
- BAE Systems Plc
- General Atomics
- Kratos Defense and Security Solutions Inc.
- L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Raytheon Technologies Corp.
- Teledyne FLIR LLC
- The Boeing Co.
This statistical study of the airborne ISR market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The airborne ISR market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as boosting profitability by practicing efficient production techniques that minimize production costs and mitigate associated risks. to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Airbus SE - The company offers airborne ISR solutions namely Fortion SuRVIn ABI.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The airborne ISR market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Airborne ISR Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the airborne ISR market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global aerospace and defense market includes the following core components:
- Raw material suppliers
- Inbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Aftermarket and service
- Industry innovation
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Airborne ISR Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request a FREE sample now!
39% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for airborne ISR market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in Europe, MEA, and South America.
Technological advancement has opened opportunities in this region as governments are investing in defense for the development and procurement of advanced combat equipment. Significant growth is expected in the airborne ISR market in the Americas during the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
COVID-19 has disrupted the global economy, pausing production lines, halting businesses, and arresting daily operations for millions of employees. However, in the first half of 2021, lockdowns were lifted, and the production and supply chain activities of airborne ISR systems were resumed, owing to the initiation of vaccination programs in the region.
What are the Revenue-generating Geography Segments in the Airborne ISR Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a FREE sample
The airborne ISR market share growth by the unmanned airborne ISR segment will be significant during the forecast period. With technological advancement in the past decade, UAV application has extended to military operations. The major advancement is electrically powered UAVs, which operate at a higher altitude and can operate for a longer duration. The UAVs can carry out high-altitude operations for a longer duration compared with manned aircraft. The global UAVs ISR market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the airborne ISR market size and actionable market insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Airborne ISR Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 5.83%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 6.83 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 39%
Key consumer countries
US, China, India, Russian Federation, and the UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Airbus SE, BAE Systems Plc, General Atomics, Kratos Defense and Security Solutions Inc., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corp., Northrop Grumman Corp., Raytheon Technologies Corp., Teledyne FLIR LLC, and The Boeing Co.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Airborne ISR Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive airborne ISR market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the airborne ISR market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the airborne ISR industry across North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of airborne ISR market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Aerospace and defense
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Platform
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Platform - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Platform
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Platform
- 5.3 Unmanned airborne ISR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Unmanned airborne ISR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Unmanned airborne ISR - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Manned airborne ISR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Manned airborne ISR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Manned airborne ISR - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Platform
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Platform
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Airbus SE
- Exhibit 43: Airbus SE - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Airbus SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: Airbus SE – Key news
- Exhibit 46: Airbus SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: Airbus SE - Segment focus
- 10.4 BAE Systems Plc
- Exhibit 48: BAE Systems Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 49: BAE Systems Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 50: Bae systems Plc- Key news
- Exhibit 51: BAE Systems Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: BAE Systems Plc - Segment focus
- 10.5 General Atomics
- Exhibit 53: General Atomics - Overview
- Exhibit 54: General Atomics - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: General Atomics – Key news
- Exhibit 56: General Atomics - Key offerings
- Exhibit 57: General Atomics - Segment focus
- 10.6 Kratos Defense and Security Solutions Inc.
- Exhibit 58: Kratos Defense and Security Solutions Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Kratos Defense and Security Solutions Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 60: Kratos Defense and Security Solutions Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 61: Kratos Defense and Security Solutions Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.7 L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Exhibit 62: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 64: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 65: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 66: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Exhibit 67: Lockheed Martin Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Lockheed Martin Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 69: Lockheed Martin Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 70: Lockheed Martin Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 71: Lockheed Martin Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Exhibit 72: Northrop Grumman Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Northrop Grumman Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: Northrop Grumman Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 75: Northrop Grumman Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Raytheon Technologies Corp.
- Exhibit 76: Raytheon Technologies Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Raytheon Technologies Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 78: Raytheon Technologies Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Teledyne FLIR LLC
- Exhibit 79: Teledyne FLIR LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Teledyne FLIR LLC - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: Teledyne FLIR LLC - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Teledyne FLIR LLC - Segment focus
- 10.12 The Boeing Co.
- Exhibit 83: The Boeing Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 84: The Boeing Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: The Boeing Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: The Boeing Co. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Russian Federation
- Increased demand for UAVs in military applications
- Increasing integration of Android and iOS-based devices
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts