Automotive Camera Module Market by Application, Functionality, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: May 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44051
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The automotive camera module market share is expected to increase by 29527.61 thousand units from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 5.88%.
This automotive camera module market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers automotive camera module market segmentation by functionality (driver assistance camera and driver support camera), application (passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles), and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA). The automotive camera module market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Autoliv Inc., Clarion Co. Ltd., Continental AG, Kappa optronics GmbH, LG Innotek, Magna International Inc., Mycronic AB, Robert Bosch GmbH, Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co. Ltd., and Stonkam Co. Ltd. among others.
What will the Automotive Camera Module Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Automotive Camera Module Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Automotive Camera Module Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been an impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increased popularity of CMOS sensors due to improved performance is notably driving the automotive camera module market growth, although factors such as high replacement costs associated with camera modules may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the automotive camera module industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Automotive Camera Module Market Driver
The increased popularity of CMOS sensors due to improved performance is a key driving factor impacting the global automotive camera module market growth. CCD sensors were widely used in the automotive sector for machine vision applications. However, due to factors such as low cost and high performance, CMOS sensors have gained popularity. Furthermore, CCD image sensors are more expensive than CMOS sensors as they need a specialized manufacturing process, and it is used in high-end consumer electronic products and automotive applications. Moreover, although CCD sensors had better performance than CMOS sensors, with rapid technological advancements, CMOS sensors have reduced the performance gap. Furthermore, the main objective of CMOS camera modules in the automotive sector is to enhance car safety, driving assistance, and comfort level. Moreover, the increase in their adoption is mainly attributed to the enforcement of government regulations in different regions. Also, Nissan, Ford, and Tesla are marketing the advantages of using CMOS sensors. Camera modules equipped with CMOS sensors are used only in luxury and premium cars. Such sensors are also used in smartphones, tablets, personal computers, and industrial security applications.
Key Automotive Camera Module Market Trend
Increased usage of wide-angle camera technology is a key trending factor impacting the global automotive camera module market growth. The development of the camera system for the automotive market is rapidly gaining importance, primarily driven by the growing safety concerns for both the passengers and vulnerable road users, such as pedestrians. The usage of wide-angle lenses in automotive camera modules is gaining importance due to their wide field coverage and enhanced picture quality. OEMs are exploring safety solutions that detect the driver's blind spots on the road; hence, to expand the coverage field of cameras, wide-angle technology is being used. Although the image from wide-angle lens cameras is subject to certain irregularities, such as radial distortion, uneven illumination, and tangential distortions, that could negatively impact the output of the camera. OEMs and camera module manufacturers are actively investing in improving the output from wide-angle cameras. Maxell Holdings Ltd., a Japan-based optical technologies provider for automotive and other industries, has introduced a range of advanced wide-angle lenses equipped with aspherical plastics. The company has designed these cameras with an aim to provide wider coverage, and they are coated with aspherical plastic making the lenses heat resistant.
Key Automotive Camera Module Market Challenge
High replacement costs associated with camera modules will be a key challenge negatively impacting the global automotive camera module market growth. Automotive camera modules have not been able to penetrate the entry-level and lower variants of mid-segment cars, especially in emerging nations, as they increase the price of the vehicle. Although the replacement costs of these cameras are not high, the total cost incurred is very high as it is a time-consuming and labor-intensive job. Some automakers include these cameras in the basic price of cars. However, camera manufacturers are trying to bring down the cost of manufacturing automotive camera systems, which will lead to their adoption in the lower variant of mid-trim and entry-segment vehicles. High-end camera systems include several features, such as large screen monitors, GPS navigation, multiple cameras, better image resolution, and night vision cameras. These may cost between $1,000 and $1,200. As a result, consumers may be reluctant to install automotive camera modules in their vehicles due to the high cost.
This automotive camera module market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global automotive camera module market as a part of the global automotive components and accessories market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the automotive camera module market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Automotive Camera Module Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Autoliv Inc.
- Clarion Co. Ltd.
- Continental AG
- Kappa optronics GmbH
- LG Innotek
- Magna International Inc.
- Mycronic AB
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co. Ltd.
- Stonkam Co. Ltd.
This statistical study of the automotive camera module market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The automotive camera module market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- LG Innotek - The company offers an automotive camera module for analyzing or transmitting information.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The automotive camera module market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Automotive Camera Module Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the automotive camera module market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global automotive components and accessories includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Automotive Camera Module Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
35% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key market for the global automotive camera module market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The region comprises technologically advanced nations and mature markets, such as the US and Canada, and this has resulted in the development of advanced automotive technologies. Such factors offer encouraging market growth prospects for camera modules and will facilitate the automotive camera module market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The demand for automobiles stabilized in the first quarter of 2021 in North America. It recovered from the economic downturn it experienced in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the sales of new vehicles in the US will not rebound to pre-COVID-19 levels until 2023. Many automobile vendors are adopting different strategies to overcome the challenges caused by the COVID-19 crisis.
What are the Revenue-generating Functionality Segments in the Automotive Camera Module Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The global automotive camera module market share growth by the driver assistance camera segment will be significant during the forecast period. The steady growth of this segment is primarily driven by the large number of sales of luxury cars from brands, such as Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, and Audi. Europe and North America are expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period due to the growing introduction and implementation of stringent safety norms.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the automotive camera module market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Automotive Camera Module Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 5.88%
Market growth 2021-2025
29527.61 thousand units
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, South America, MEA, North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 35%
Key consumer countries
US, China, UK, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Autoliv Inc., Clarion Co. Ltd., Continental AG, Kappa optronics GmbH, LG Innotek, Magna International Inc., Mycronic AB, Robert Bosch GmbH, Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co. Ltd., and Stonkam Co. Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Automotive Camera Module Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive automotive camera module market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the automotive camera module market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the automotive camera module industry across North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of automotive camera module market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Automotive components and accessories market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 (thousand units)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Application
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Application - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
- 5.3 Passenger vehicles - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Passenger vehicles - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand units)
- Exhibit 18: Passenger vehicles - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Commercial vehicle - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Commercial vehicle - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand units)
- Exhibit 20: Commercial vehicle - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Application
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Application
6 Market Segmentation by Functionality
- 6.1 Market segments
- 6.2 Comparison by Functionality
- 6.3 Driver assistance camera - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 24: Driver assistance camera - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand units)
- Exhibit 25: Driver assistance camera - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Driver support camera - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Driver support camera - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand units)
- Exhibit 27: Driver support camera - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Market opportunity by Functionality
- Exhibit 28: Market opportunity by Functionality
7 Customer landscape
- 7.1 Customer Landscape
- Exhibit 29: Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 30: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 31: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand units)
- Exhibit 33: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand units)
- Exhibit 35: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand units)
- Exhibit 37: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand units)
- Exhibit 39: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand units)
- Exhibit 41: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 42: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 43: Market opportunity by geography (thousand units)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 44: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 45: Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 46: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 47: Industry risks
- 10.3 Competitive scenario
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 48: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 49: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Autoliv Inc.
- Exhibit 50: Autoliv Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Autoliv Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 52: Autoliv Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 53: Autoliv Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 54: Autoliv Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.4 Clarion Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 55: Clarion Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 56: Clarion Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 57: Clarion Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: Clarion Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.5 Continental AG
- Exhibit 59: Continental AG - Overview
- Exhibit 60: Continental AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 61: Continental AG - Key news
- Exhibit 62: Continental AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: Continental AG - Segment focus
- 11.6 Kappa optronics GmbH
- Exhibit 64: Kappa optronics GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Kappa optronics GmbH - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: Kappa optronics GmbH - Key offerings
- 11.7 LG Innotek
- Exhibit 67: LG Innotek - Overview
- Exhibit 68: LG Innotek - Business segments
- Exhibit 69: LG Innotek - Key news
- Exhibit 70: LG Innotek - Key offerings
- Exhibit 71: LG Innotek - Segment focus
- 11.8 Magna International Inc.
- Exhibit 72: Magna International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Magna International Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: Magna International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 75: Magna International Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.9 Mycronic AB
- Exhibit 76: Mycronic AB - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Mycronic AB - Business segments
- Exhibit 78: Mycronic AB - Key offerings
- Exhibit 79: Mycronic AB - Segment focus
- 11.10 Robert Bosch GmbH
- Exhibit 80: Robert Bosch GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 81: Robert Bosch GmbH - Business segments
- Exhibit 82: Robert Bosch GmbH - Key news
- Exhibit 83: Robert Bosch GmbH - Key offerings
- Exhibit 84: Robert Bosch GmbH - Segment focus
- 11.11 Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 85: Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 86: Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 87: Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 88: Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.12 Stonkam Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 89: Stonkam Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 90: Stonkam Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 91: Stonkam Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 92: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 93: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 94: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 95: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 96: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- increased popularity of CMOS sensors due to improved performance
- Increased usage of wide-angle camera technology
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.