The blood glucose monitoring market share in APAC is expected to increase by USD 1.62 billion from 2021 to 2026, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 9.05%.
This blood glucose monitoring market in APAC research report extensively covers blood glucose monitoring market segmentation in APAC by:
- Product - SMBG, CGM, and Lancets
- Geography - China, India, Japan, and South Korea
The blood glucose monitoring market vendors in APAC are - Abbott Laboratories, ACON Laboratories Inc., Advin Health Care, ARKRAY Inc., Bionime Corp., Dexcom Inc., F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd., Hangzhou Sejoy Electronics and Instruments Co. Ltd., Johnson and Johnson services Inc., medisana GmbH, Medtronic Plc, Novo Nordisk AS, PHC Holdings Corp., Pulsatom Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Rossmax International Ltd., SiBionics, Sinocare Inc., WaveForm Technologies Inc., and Zhejiang POCTech Co. Ltd. among others.
What will the Blood Glucose Monitoring Market Size in APAC be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Blood Glucose Monitoring Market Size in APAC for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Blood Glucose Monitoring Market in APAC: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The rise in diabetic population is notably driving the blood glucose monitoring market growth in APAC, although factors such as lower diagnosis and treatment rate may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the blood glucose monitoring industry in APAC. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Blood Glucose Monitoring Market Driver in APAC
- One of the key factors driving growth in the blood glucose monitoring market in APAC is the rise in diabetic population.
- Obesity, smoking, a sedentary lifestyle, and increased urbanization are all factors leading to the rise in the diabetes population. In addition, the incidence of diabetes is higher in the elderly population.
- The increasing prevalence of diabetes is driving market expansion. A large increase in the number of patients with type-1 or insulin-dependent type-2 diabetes has been noticed, which has aided in the adoption of these devices in the region.
- As a result of the rising number of patients with insulin-dependent diabetes, new product introductions by market players are boosting the demand for and adoption of blood glucose monitoring market.
Key Blood Glucose Monitoring Market Trend in APAC
- The increasing adoption of home healthcare devices is a blood glucose monitoring market trend in APAC that is expected to have a positive impact in the coming years.
- Diabetes is a chronic disease that can be managed with medicine and a healthy lifestyle. Most people prefer using portable medical equipment such as blood glucose monitoring devices to measure blood glucose levels, which has increased the rate of acceptance of such devices.
- Blood glucose monitoring devices, such as blood glucose test strips and blood glucose meters, have become an important part of the diabetes care toolkit because they allow for frequent monitoring.
- Blood glucose test strips and meters can be used at home to provide an accurate blood glucose level reading in a matter of seconds. As a result, patients with diabetes will be able to better manage their disease. This trend is expected to have a strong impact on the blood glucose monitoring market in APAC.
Key Blood Glucose Monitoring Market Challenge in APAC
- The lower diagnosis and treatment rate will be a major challenge for the blood glucose monitoring market in APAC during the forecast period.
- One of the major factors resulting in the reduced adoption of blood glucose monitoring market systems, especially in emerging nations, is the presence of a substantial proportion of the population with undiagnosed diabetes.
- Countries such as China and India have a higher prevalence of delayed diagnosis because chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus are not well-known among the general public.
- The lack of traditional procedures by government or commercial entities, as well as limited access to advanced healthcare infrastructure, may hamper market progress.
This blood glucose monitoring market in APAC analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2022-2026.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the blood glucose monitoring market in APAC as a part of the global healthcare equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the blood glucose monitoring market in APAC during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Blood Glucose Monitoring Market Vendors in APAC?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Abbott Laboratories
- ACON Laboratories Inc.
- Advin Health Care
- ARKRAY Inc.
- Bionime Corp.
- Dexcom Inc.
- F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd.
- Hangzhou Sejoy Electronics and Instruments Co. Ltd.
- Johnson and Johnson services Inc.
- medisana GmbH
- Medtronic Plc
- Novo Nordisk AS
- PHC Holdings Corp.
- Pulsatom Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
- Rossmax International Ltd.
- Sinocare Inc.
- WaveForm Technologies Inc.
- Zhejiang POCTech Co. Ltd.
This statistical study of the blood glucose monitoring market in APAC encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The blood glucose monitoring market in APAC is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as focusing on differentiating themselves by offering value-added services and competitive pricing to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
abbott.com - The company offers blood glucose monitoring devices under the brand name Freestyle, that offer a range of features to meet the specific needs of people living with diabetes.
abbott.com - Under the established pharmaceuticals products segment, the company manufacturers branded generic pharmaceuticals for established and emerging markets.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The blood glucose monitoring market in APAC forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Blood Glucose Monitoring Market in APAC Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the blood glucose monitoring market in APAC, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Blood Glucose Monitoring Market in APAC?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The blood glucose monitoring market share growth in APAC by the SMBG segment will be significant during the forecast period. The SMBG segment is organized and will grow rapidly because of the rise in the prevalence of diabetes in APAC. India and China rank high in terms of diabetic populations in the world, and the prevalence of diabetes is expected to increase at a high rate in both countries during the forecast period. With the availability of innovative and advanced SMBG devices, the market is expected to witness a significant rise in the sales of these devices.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the blood glucose monitoring market size in APAC and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
You may be interested in:
Blood Glucose Monitoring System market - The market share is expected to increase to USD 5.62 billion by 2026 at a progressing CAGR of 9.06%.
Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices market - The market share is expected to increase by USD 5.84 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 8.16%.
Blood Glucose Monitoring Market Scope in APAC
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 9.05%
Market growth 2022-2026
$ 1.62 billion
YoY growth (%)
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Abbott Laboratories, ACON Laboratories Inc., Advin Health Care, ARKRAY Inc., Bionime Corp., Dexcom Inc., F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd., Hangzhou Sejoy Electronics and Instruments Co. Ltd., Johnson and Johnson services Inc., medisana GmbH, Medtronic Plc, Novo Nordisk AS, PHC Holdings Corp., Pulsatom Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Rossmax International Ltd., SiBionics, Sinocare Inc., WaveForm Technologies Inc., and Zhejiang POCTech Co. Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
Request for a FREE sample
What are the Key Data Covered in this Blood Glucose Monitoring Market in APAC Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2022-2026
- Detailed information on factors that will drive blood glucose monitoring market growth in APAC during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the blood glucose monitoring market size in APAC and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the blood glucose monitoring industry in APAC
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of blood glucose monitoring market vendors in APAC
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape