Global Fingerprint Biometrics in the VAR Market 2016-2020
- Published: Jun 2016
- Pages: 60
- SKU: IRTNTR9695
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
Key vendors in the global fingerprint biometrics in the VAR (value-added reseller) market are Fulcrum Biometrics, Delaney Secure, Neurotechnology, and 360 Biometrics. This industry research report als o presents a detailed segmentation of the market by technology (AFIS and Non-AFIS), by end-user (government organizations, large enterprises, and SMEs), and by geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA).
Overview of fingerprint biometrics in the VAR (value-added reseller) market
Market research analysts at Technavio have predicted that the global fingerprint biometrics in the VAR (value-added reseller) market will grow steadily at a CAGR of almost 12% by 2020. The user credentials that organizations use to gain access to a system or an application are susceptible to security risks and has compelled organizations to start using SSO (single sign-on). In addition to increasing corporate security and reducing access control management costs, SSO also addresses issues of user convenience. Since vendors have started providing VAR software with SSO capabilities, it will lead to an increase in the demand for fingerprint biometric systems, especially in regions where the presence of biometric vendors is low.
This market study has identified that during 2015, government organizations were the major end-users of finger biometrics by VARs. The introduction of multimodal biometric systems will be one of the major trends that will gain traction in the market in the coming years. Multimodal biometrics is the integration of a number of biometric technologies such as fingerprint recognition, facial recognition, and voice recognition, and has found significance in several sectors such as healthcare, BFSI, transportation, automotive, and government. Owing to benefits like accurate and reliable recognition, increased level of security, and reduced vulnerability, multimodal biometric systems are likely to find application in several other sectors as well.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Characterized by the presence of several large and small scale biometric companies, vendor competition in the market is intense. The high level of vendor competition has induced companies to distinguish their services and product offerings through a clear and unique value proposition. Vendors have also started adopting M&A strategies to develop and expand their global reach and to strengthen product lines. The biometric fingerprint system market is currently at the growth stage, and its high growth potential is likely to attract many new players and VARs into the market.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- Fulcrum Biometrics
- Delaney Secure
- 360 Biometrics
Other prominent vendors in the market are AKSA Solution Development, AutoStar Technologies, Bayometric, Bromba Biometrics, California Peripherals and Components, Digital Data Systems, DYDEX-HS, and Eyenetwatch.
Segmentation by technology and analysis of fingerprint biometrics in the VAR market
- AFIS (automated fingerprint identification system)
According to this market research and analysis, the non-AFIS segment will account for almost 90% of the total market share and will dominate fingerprint biometrics in the VAR market throughout the forecast period. Since non-AFIS systems facilitate secure employee monitoring, time and attendance management, and access control, they are widely used by enterprises. The rising adoption of non-AFIS technology in the automotive industry and its increasing implementation in public areas will have a positive impact on the growth of this market segment.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of fingerprint biometrics in the VAR market
Owing to the increasing adoption of biometric fingerprints among end-users in the region, the Americas accounted for approximately 38% of the total market share during 2015. The growing need for security will lead to increased government spending on fingerprint biometric technology. Additionally, the rise in adoption of fingerprint recognition technology in airports for e-passports and visas will contribute to the growth of the biometric security systems industry in the next four years.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving fingerprint biometrics in the VAR market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of fingerprint biometrics in the VAR market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in fingerprint biometrics in the VAR market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in fingerprint biometrics in the VAR market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of fingerprint biometrics in the VAR market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
- Key findings
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market description
- Evolution of biometrics
- Introduction to fingerprint biometrics
- Workflow of non-AFIS technology
- Workflow of AFIS technology
- Advantages and disadvantages of fingerprint biometrics
PART 06: Market development
- Applications of fingerprint biometric technology
PART 07: Market landscape
- Market overview
PART 08: Role of VARs in fingerprint biometrics market
- Benefits of VAR services
- Global fingerprint biometrics market
- Share of VARs in global fingerprint biometrics market
- Global fingerprint biometrics in VAR market
- Product life cycle analysis
PART 09: Market segmentation by technology
- Global fingerprint biometrics in VAR market by technology
- Global non-AFIS biometrics in VAR market
- Global AFIS biometrics in VAR market
PART 10: Market segmentation by end-user
- Global fingerprint biometrics in VAR market by end-user
PART 11: Geographical segmentation
- Global fingerprint biometrics in VAR market by geography
- Fingerprint biometrics in VAR market in Americas
- Fingerprint biometrics in VAR market in EMEA
- Fingerprint biometrics in VAR market in APAC
PART 12: Market drivers
- Rising demand for SSO
- Integration of fingerprint biometrics into smart cards
- Emergence of touchless sensing technology
PART 13: Impact of drivers
PART 14: Market challenges
- Leading vendors have their own distribution channels
- Increase in price wars
- Competition from inexpensive non-biometric technologies
PART 15: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 16: Market trends
- Introduction of multimodal biometric systems
- Development of 3-D fingerprint identification systems
- Introduction of cloud-based biometrics by VARs
PART 17: Product promotion strategy
PART 18: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Five forces analysis
- VAR offerings
- VAR-associated brands
- Vendor matrix
- VAR comparison
- Other prominent vendors
PART 19: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 20: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.