Application Platform Market by Deployment and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: May 2021
- Pages: 129
- SKU: IRTNTR40161
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The application platform market share is expected to increase by USD 2.75 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.87%.
This application platform market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers application platform market segmentations by deployment (on-premises and aPaaS) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The application platform market report also offers information on several market vendors, including BMC Software Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd., International Business Machines Corp., Micro Focus International Plc, Microsoft Corp., Oracle Corp., Salesforce.com Inc., SAP SE, and Siemens AG among others.
What will the Application Platform Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Application Platform Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Application Platform Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The growing popularity of cloud-based services is notably driving the application platform market growth, although factors such as issues associated with vendor lock-in may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the application platform industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Application Platform Market Driver
The growing popularity of cloud-based services is a major factor driving the global application platform market share growth. SMEs are adopting aPaaS solutions to help organizations to adopt hardware, middleware, OS, software, and resources as and when required. Organizations require high CAPEX and OPEX to purchase and maintain all of them and to establish their own data centers. Consequently, they are adopting cloud platforms as provide cost shift from CAPEX to OPEX, reduced setup and labor costs, reduced expansion cost. Cloud-based solutions can easily integrate with any data, which allows the creation of data-centric applications. This factor provides a new level of connected experience to application users, thus giving them relevant, contextual information in real-time. Therefore, rather than depending on a specific web application development framework, cloud-based solutions offer enterprises the benefit of using a single, all-purpose development framework as per their need and pay per use. This helps to reduce the extra cost incurred to build different platforms and enables organizations to introduce applications or products in less time. Due to such reasons, it is estimated that the demand for the market will continue to grow during the forecast period.
Key Application Platform Market Trend
The launch of application platforms is another factor supporting the global application platform market share growth. To offer better applications, application developers and enterprises are using application platforms that reduce the software development and deployment time, and consequently, vendors are launching application platforms. The developments by some of the vendors will also encourage other vendors to come up with innovative products. For instance, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co. (HP) launched HP Workpath, a new cloud platform and developer ecosystem, to enable print resellers and developers to create applications for business processes. In April 2019, Google, a division of Alphabet., launched Anthos, an open platform that enables users to run applications from anywhere, even their existing on-premises hardware or on a public cloud. Such product launches will increase the availability of new and advanced applications to end-users, which can boost the adoption of application platforms during the forecast period.
Key Application Platform Market Challenge
The rising issues associated with vendor lock-in will be a major challenge for the global application platform market share growth during the forecast period. Vendor lock-ins, also known as customer lock-ins or proprietary lock-ins, means customers using products or services of a vendor cannot easily switch to other vendors products or services. This makes customers dependent on a vendor for products and services, due to which enterprises/customers cannot use the technology, solution, or service developed by other vendors. It becomes difficult to switch aPaaS providers after an application is built by using the application platform and required tools. Moreover, vendors or solution providers may not support the same programming language, API, architecture, library, or OS.Although it is possible to switch PaaS and aPaaS providers, however, changing vendors and solution providers can be a time-consuming, labor-intensive, and expensive process. Switching vendors may even result in rebuilding and altering applications to fit the new platform. Essentially, vendor lock-ins can pose a challenge to the global application platform market during the forecast period.
This application platform market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global application platform market as part of the global systems software market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the application platform market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Application Platform Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- BMC Software Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd.
- International Business Machines Corp.
- Micro Focus International Plc
- Microsoft Corp.
- Oracle Corp.
- Salesforce.com Inc.
- SAP SE
- Siemens AG
This statistical study of the application platform market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The application platform market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as launching advanced products to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- BMC Software Inc.- The company offers BMC Helix Platform that Connects across domains for visibility, observability and AI-driven actionability.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The application platform market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Application Platform Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the application platform market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global systems software market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Application Platform Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
36% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US is the key market for application platform market in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in APAC.
The region has a significant presence of prominent vendors and these vendors are offering both on-premise and cloud-based aPaaS application platforms. This will facilitate the application platform market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Deployment Segments in the Application Platform Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The application platform market share growth by the on-premises segment will be significant during the forecast period. The on-premises segment offers better security compared with the aPaaS deployment model. In this deployment model, the data is stored on dedicated servers that offer greater control and security over the information. Additionally, data can be accessed only through dedicated client servers. This has influenced the growth of the application platform market further.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the application platform market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Application Platform Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.87%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 2.75 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 36%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, UK, and Australia
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
BMC Software Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd., International Business Machines Corp., Micro Focus International Plc, Microsoft Corp., Oracle Corp., Salesforce.com Inc., SAP SE, and Siemens AG
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Application Platform Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive application platform market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the application platform market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the application platform industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of application platform market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Systems software
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Deployment
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Deployment - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Deployment
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Deployment
- 5.3 On-premises - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: On-premises - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: On-premises - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 aPaaS - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: aPaaS - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: aPaaS - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Deployment
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Deployment
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Customer landscape
- Exhibit 22: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 BMC Software Inc.
- Exhibit 43: BMC Software Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: BMC Software Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 45: BMC Software Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.4 Cisco Systems Inc.
- Exhibit 46: Cisco Systems Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 47: Cisco Systems Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 48: Cisco Systems Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 49: Cisco Systems Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 50: Cisco Systems Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd.
- Exhibit 51: GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 52: GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 53: GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 54: GigaSpaces Technologies Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.6 International Business Machines Corp.
- Exhibit 55: International Business Machines Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 56: International Business Machines Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 57: International Business Machines Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: International Business Machines Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Micro Focus International Plc
- Exhibit 59: Micro Focus International Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 60: Micro Focus International Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 61: Micro Focus International Plc - Key offerings
- 10.8 Microsoft Corp.
- Exhibit 62: Microsoft Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: Microsoft Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 64: Microsoft Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: Microsoft Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Oracle Corp.
- Exhibit 66: Oracle Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Oracle Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 68: Oracle Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 69: Oracle Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 70: Oracle Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Salesforce.com Inc.
- Exhibit 71: Salesforce.com Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Salesforce.com Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 73: Salesforce.com Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.11 SAP SE
- Exhibit 74: SAP SE - Overview
- Exhibit 75: SAP SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 76: SAP SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: SAP SE - Segment focus
- 10.12 Siemens AG
- Exhibit 78: Siemens AG - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Siemens AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Siemens AG - Key news
- Exhibit 81: Siemens AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Siemens AG - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 83: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 84: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 85: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 86: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 87: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- growing popularity of cloud-based services
- Launch of application platforms
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.