Overview of the global automotive hydro mechanical variable transmission systems market
Market research analysts at Technavio have predicted that in terms of units shipped, the global automotive hydro mechanical variable transmission systems market will grow impressively at a CAGR of almost 67% by 2020. HVT (Hydro-mechanical variable transmission) systems combine hydrostatic and mechanical transmission systems and are controlled by a single electronic control. HVT systems offer more fuel efficiency than the other transmission systems without compromising the efficiency of the vehicle and also offer sharp focus on energy efficiency and lower emissions. This system uses a pump motor instead of a variator, which makes it suitable for machines that work with high loads. Moreover, HVT produces equal speed in both forward and reverse gears, thereby maximizing transmission efficiency.
Advancements in technology have led to the replacement of mechanical components with electronic components and this electrification of vehicles has helped to reduce the weight of the vehicle and ensure higher accuracy in operations. Owing to this, there will be an increased adoption of electrification of the powertrain systems in the automotive industry. This advancement in powertrain technology will subsequently lead to lower CO2 emissions and high fuel efficiency, which in turn will attract significant interest from consumers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the automotive HVT systems market
During 2015, the Americas dominated the automotive HVT systems market and accounted for about 45% of the total market share. Factors such as higher fuel economy, the growing demand for low emission technologies, enhanced driving experience, and increased productivity will propel the growth of the market in this region in the coming years.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Though the market is currently consolidated with a few major players, the growing need for cost-effective and efficient transmission systems will provide new vendors the opportunity to enter the market. Existing players are constantly increasing their R&D expenditures to develop new transmission systems. This will further intensify vendor competition in the market in the next four years.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- Kinetics Drive Solutions
- Bosch Rexroth
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the automotive HVT systems market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the automotive HVT systems market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the automotive HVT mechanical variable transmission systems market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the automotive HVT systems market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and Europe.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the automotive HVT systems market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
- Value chain analysis
- Product lifecycle
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market drivers
- Higher fuel efficiency compared to other transmission systems
- Potential use of HVT systems in other applications
- Introduction of Tier 4 and Stage IIIB and Stage IV emission standards to boost adoption of HVT systems in off-road vehicles
PART 07: Impact of drivers
PART 08: Market challenges
PART 09: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 10: Market trends
PART 11: Geographical segmentation
- Global HVT system market by geographical segmentation 2015-2020
- HVT system market in Americas
- HVT system market in Europe
- HVT system market in APAC
PART 12: Vendor landscape
PART 13: Key vendor analysis
PART 14: Appendix
PART 15: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape