Outlook of the global residential drinking water treatment equipment market
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts that the global residential drinking water treatment equipment market will grow at a steady CAGR of close to 10% during the forecast period. Rapid industrialization around the world has led to the contamination of water sources and even depletion in some parts of the world. Even though developed countries have stringent regulations in place for treating and disposing wastewater from industries, market demand for water treatment equipment is quite high. Market trends indicate that the need for water treatment equipment in developing countries is on the rise due to the unsuitability of drinking water.
Growing awareness and an increase in the demand for clean water is driving market demand for residential drinking water treatment equipment in countries like China and India. For instance, GE has developed technology which can provide safe water at an affordable cost and also improve production. Different combinations of technologies such as desalination, nanotechnology, and also the differently graded porous membranes are also being experimented with to treat water. Until such technologies can be implemented on a large scale, residential drinking water treatment solutions have to be implemented at an individual level.
Segmentation by application and analysis of the residential drinking water treatment equipment market
- Ion exchange
The ion exchange segment dominates the drinking water treatment equipment market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of just over 10% by 2020. Some of the technologies used are ion exchanges, reverse osmosis and electrodialysis. The ion exchange process is very effective in removing contaminants like organic matter and heavy metals. Nearly 90% of radium, nitrates, selenium, cadmium, chromium, arsenic, barium, silver, and nitrates can be removed using the ion exchange process. Moreover, this is a suitable technology to remove radionuclides.
Geographical segmentation of the residential drinking water treatment equipment market
Currently, the Americas dominate the residential drinking water treatment equipment market and will remain leaders with a market share of about 43% by the end of 2020. Severe droughts and water shortages in states like California, Arizona and Texas are driving market demand for water treatment equipment.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The residential drinking water treatment equipment market is intensely competitive with major vendors like 3M and Culligan competing for market share on price, quality, and presence. There are a diverse number of local and international suppliers. These companies hold a dominant share of the market on the basis of brand equity, expertise, cost and prior experience. Due to rapid advances in technology, frequent changes in government water quality standards, and changing consumer preferences, equipment manufacturers can look forward to higher opportunities for growth and market share.
Key vendors in this market are -
- Culligan International Company
- Ecowater Systems
- GE Appliances
- Watts Water Technologies
Other prominent vendors in this market are Brita, Duskin, Eureka Forbes, Kurita Water Industries, Pentair, and Philips.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global residential drinking water treatment equipment market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global residential drinking water treatment equipment market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global residential drinking water treatment equipment market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global residential drinking water treatment equipment market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global residential drinking water treatment equipment market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Residential drinking water equipment consists of small-sized water treatment equipment that purifies water to make it fit for human consumption. Depending upon the quality of the ground or municipality supplied water, water treatment equipment can work on different technologies such as RO, disinfection using UV rays, coagulation, among others. Amway, GE, Philips, and EcoWater are some of the leading players in this market.
The global residential drinking water treatment equipment market report is part of Technavio’s energy research portfolio. This portfolio provides a comprehensive market analysis along with the market share, market sizing, and market segmentations covering areas such as energy storage, power, oil and gas, smart grid, and waste and waste management. These market research reports provide a perspective on the various market opportunities and market threats along with the key trends that would influence the market growth during the forecast period. It presents insights into the changing competitive landscape and a detailed profiling and market analysis of the vendors. Also covered in the research are the key regions or countries that would have an impact on the market during the assessment years.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast by revenue
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by application
- Global residential drinking water treatment equipment market by technology 2015-2020
- Global residential drinking water treatment equipment market by ion exchange segment
- Global residential drinking water treatment equipment market by filtration segment
- Global residential drinking water treatment equipment market by disinfection segment
- Global residential drinking water treatment equipment market by other technologies
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global residential drinking water treatment equipment market by geography
- Residential drinking water treatment equipment market in Americas
- Residential drinking water treatment equipment market in APAC
- Residential drinking water treatment equipment market EMEA
PART 08: Market drivers
- Rise in water scarcity
- Increased demand for water treatment
- Growing health concerns
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
- High operational costs
- Water treatment residue management
- Impact of hard water on water treatment equipment
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
- Technological advancements
- Water treatment in developing countries
- Environmental benefits of water recycling
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive landscape
- Other prominent vendors
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
PART 15: Appendix
PART 16: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape