IGBT Market by Product, Application, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 164
- SKU: IRTNTR43907
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The IGBT market share is expected to increase by USD 5.70 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 12%.
This IGBT market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers IGBT market segmentations by product (IGBT modules and discrete IGBTs), application (EV/HEVs, industrial, motor drives, consumer appliances, and others), and geography (APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA). The IGBT market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Fuji Electric Co. Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., Infineon Technologies AG, Littelfuse Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corp., ON Semiconductor Corp., Renesas Electronics Corp., SEMIKRON Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG, STMicroelectronics NV, and Toshiba Corp. among others.
What will the IGBT Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the IGBT Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
IGBT Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing government support for EV/HEVs is notably driving the IGBT market growth, although factors such as rising competition from WBG semiconductor materials may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the IGBT industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key IGBT Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the IGBT market growth is the increasing government support for EV/HEVs. A rise in environmental concerns and an increase in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions globally have compelled countries to rethink the use of fossil fuels in the transportation sector. The only possible replacement for fossil fuel-powered vehicles is EVs. Numerous countries are introducing targets and directives to promote the shift from diesel and petrol vehicles to EVs in the automotive industry. Globally, governments have announced numerous incentives for vehicle owners to promote the adoption of EVs. Hence, the sales of EVs have been increasing steadily since 2012. Moreover, China has been promoting EV sales by exempting sales tax. Tax exemptions introduced during 2014-2017 and the recent extension of this waiver to 2020 are driving the sales of EVs in China. Countries in Europe are following similar policies. They are offering subsidies to meet the strict emission standards set by the European Commission. These factors are boosting the demand for EV/HEVs globally, which, in turn, is driving the adoption of IGBTs for EV/HEV applications.
Key IGBT Market Trend
Another key factor driving the IGBT market growth is the increasing demand for functional consolidation of semiconductor devices. The trend toward digitalization can be seen in industries that push digital control of power to make inverters, drive controls, and other electrical equipment compatible with Industrial Internet. As a result, the integration of other semiconductor components such as sensors, ICs, and microcontrollers with IGBT devices can happen for efficient and easier control. This consolidation of semiconductor devices can lead to improvements in performance and advances in semiconductor devices, including IGBTs. The integration of these devices will provide a lot of insights in the form of data, which can be analyzed to detect potential key areas for improvements in applications as well as in semiconductor devices. This will enhance the performance of semiconductor devices such as IGBTs, and these devices can be made more useful and efficient by addressing issues arising from analyzed data. This will make IGBTs more reliable devices as the efficiency and reliability of the entire circuit depends considerably on the IGBTs' performance, and this possible combination of technologies can ensure a smooth flow of operations.
Key IGBT Market Challenge
Rising competition from wide bandgap (WBG) semiconductor materials is one of the key challenges hindering the IGBT market growth. WBG semiconductors materials allow devices to perform at high voltage, high temperature, and higher switching frequencies. WBG materials such as silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN) have good thermal conductivity, and these can be exploited in power semiconductor devices. In addition, these materials can achieve a significant reduction in switching loss. The ampere capacity of SiC is superior to silicon. The use of these materials will significantly improve energy efficiency and will reduce system costs, which cannot be attained while using silicon-based IGBT devices. SiC-based devices such as SiC MOSFET and SiC diodes, which are used in high-end power supply, are available, whereas GaN-based devices like GaN FET and GaN devices at 600V are available, but the use of GaN in appliances is still in experimental stages. However, IGBTs are less expensive than GaN or SiC devices and are comparatively easier to manufacture. Despite that, industries that prefer precision over cost would like to move toward SiC and GaN-based devices.
This IGBT market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global IGBT market as a part of the global semiconductors market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the IGBTmarket during the forecast period.
Who are the Major IGBT Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Fuji Electric Co. Ltd.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Littelfuse Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- ON Semiconductor Corp.
- Renesas Electronics Corp.
- SEMIKRON Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG
- STMicroelectronics NV
- Toshiba Corp.
This statistical study of the IGBT market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The IGBTmarket is concentrated and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Fuji Electric Co. Ltd.- The company offers IGBT modules such as IPM, PIM, Chopper, and more.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The IGBT market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
IGBT Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the IGBT market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for IGBT Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
69% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, Japan, South Korea (Republic of Korea), and India are the key markets for IGBT in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The APAC region is expected to grow at a strong rate during the forecast period due to the fast pace of industrialization in developing countries of the region and the increasing adoption of renewable energy and EVs in China, Japan, and India. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
From the supply perspective, countries such as India and China were critical for the entire IT sector at the beginning of 2020. India offers more than half of the IT services consumed by countries such as the US, and the scale of COVID-19 outbreaks in countries, including India, disrupted the supply chain and resulted in supply-side barriers. There was an expected dip in the growth of the automotive, consumer appliance, and motor drives sectors due to the renegotiation of contracts, especially those due for extension or renewal in 2020. Moreover, BEV cars sold at 3% lower prices in 2020 than in 2019 in China, owing to decreased government spending on the electronics and semiconductor industries and constricted eligibility requirements for incentive programs. However, with the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination drives, the number of COVID-19 cases is expected to decrease during the forecast period. The operations at manufacturing sites for IGBTs are expected to rebound gradually. In addition, the demand for EVs from the thriving e-commerce sector in India is rising owing to the need for cost-efficient logistics for delivery services. These factors are anticipated to increase the demand in the regional IGBT market during the forecast year.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the IGBT Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The IGBT market share growth by the IGBT modules will be significant during the forecast period. Due to the rising demand for energy efficiency, power control units (PCU) are employed in EV/HEVs. An insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) is an ideal choice for PCUs because it consists of an inverter as well as a boost converter, which requires switching at both high and low frequencies at a high current input. The percentage share of EV/HEVs will increase during the forecast period due to their growing adoption worldwide.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the IGBTmarket size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
IGBT Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 12%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 5.70 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 69%
Key consumer countries
China, Japan, South Korea (Republic of Korea), US, and India
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Fuji Electric Co. Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., Infineon Technologies AG, Littelfuse Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corp., ON Semiconductor Corp., Renesas Electronics Corp., SEMIKRON Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG, STMicroelectronics NV, and Toshiba Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this IGBT Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive IGBT market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the IGBT market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the IGBT industry across APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of IGBT market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
- 1.1 Market Overview
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 10: Market characteristics
- Exhibit 11: Value chain analysis
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 12: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- Exhibit 13: Market segments
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- Exhibit 14: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 15: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 17: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 18: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 19: Threat of new entrants
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 20: Threat of substitutes
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 21: Threat of rivalry
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 22: Market condition - Five forces 2020
- 4.7 Market condition
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 24: Comparison by Product
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 25: IGBT modules - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.3 IGBT modules - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: IGBT modules - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 27: Discrete IGBTs - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.4 Discrete IGBTs - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Discrete IGBTs - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 29: Market opportunity by Product
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
6 Market Segmentation by Application
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 31: Comparison by Application
- 6.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 32: EV/HEVs - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 6.3 EV/HEVs - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: EV/HEVs - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 34: Industrial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 6.4 Industrial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: Industrial - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 36: Motor drives - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 6.5 Motor drives - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: Motor drives - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 38: Consumer appliances - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 6.6 Consumer appliances - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 39: Consumer appliances - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 40: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 6.7 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 41: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 42: Market opportunity by Application
- 6.8 Market opportunity by Application
7 Customer landscape
- 7.1 Overview
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 45: Geographic comparison
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 46: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 8.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 47: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 48: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 8.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 49: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 50: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 8.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 53: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 54: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 55: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 56: Key leading countries
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 57: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 58: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Competitive Overview
- Exhibit 59: Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Overview
- Exhibit 60: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 61: Industry risks
- 10.3 Landscape disruption
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 63: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 64: Fuji Electric Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Fuji Electric Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- 11.3 Fuji Electric Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 66: Fuji Electric Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Fuji Electric Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 68: Hitachi Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Hitachi Ltd. - Business segments
- 11.4 Hitachi Ltd.
- Exhibit 70: Hitachi Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 71: Hitachi Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: Hitachi Ltd. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 73: Infineon Technologies AG - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Infineon Technologies AG - Business segments
- 11.5 Infineon Technologies AG
- Exhibit 75: Infineon Technologies AG - Key news
- Exhibit 76: Infineon Technologies AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: Infineon Technologies AG - Segment focus
- Exhibit 78: Littelfuse Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Littelfuse Inc. - Business segments
- 11.6 Littelfuse Inc.
- Exhibit 80: Littelfuse Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 81: Littelfuse Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Littelfuse Inc. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 83: Mitsubishi Electric Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 84: Mitsubishi Electric Corp. - Business segments
- 11.7 Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- Exhibit 85: Mitsubishi Electric Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 86: Mitsubishi Electric Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 87: Mitsubishi Electric Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 88: ON Semiconductor Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 89: ON Semiconductor Corp. - Business segments
- 11.8 ON Semiconductor Corp.
- Exhibit 90: ON Semiconductor Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 91: ON Semiconductor Corp. - Key customers
- Exhibit 92: ON Semiconductor Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 93: Renesas Electronics Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 94: Renesas Electronics Corp. - Business segments
- 11.9 Renesas Electronics Corp.
- Exhibit 95: Renesas Electronics Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 96: Renesas Electronics Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 97: SEMIKRON Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG - Overview
- Exhibit 98: SEMIKRON Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG - Product and service
- 11.10 SEMIKRON Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG
- Exhibit 99: SEMIKRON Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 100: STMicroelectronics NV - Overview
- Exhibit 101: STMicroelectronics NV - Business segments
- 11.11 STMicroelectronics NV
- Exhibit 102: STMicroelectronics NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 103: STMicroelectronics NV - Segment focus
- Exhibit 104: Toshiba Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 105: Toshiba Corp. - Business segments
- 11.12 Toshiba Corp.
- Exhibit 106: Toshiba Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 107: Toshiba Corp. - Segment focus
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- Exhibit 108: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 109: Research Methodology
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 110: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 111: Information sources
- Exhibit 112: List of abbreviations
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- Increasing government support for EV/HEVs
- Functional consolidation of semiconductor devices
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts