Healthcare Cloud Computing Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 129
- SKU: IRTNTR41148
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The healthcare cloud computing market share is expected to increase by USD 25.54 billlion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 22.59%.
This healthcare cloud computing market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers the healthcare cloud computing market segmentations by product (SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The healthcare cloud computing market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., athenahealth Inc., Carestream Health Inc., General Electric Co., IBM Corp., Microsoft Corp., Oracle Corp., Salesforce.com Inc., and Siemens Healthineers AG among others.
What will the Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Healthcare Cloud Computing Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a POSITIVE impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing cloud - assisted medical collaborations is notably driving the healthcare cloud computing market growth, although factors such as shortage of cloud professional s in the healthcare industry may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the healthcare cloud computing industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Driver
The increasing cloud-assisted medical collaborations are one of the key factors driving the growth of the global healthcare cloud computing market. Deploying cloud computing provides cost and infrastructure flexibility for organizations, as IT resources are acquired and used based on demand and requirement. Using cloud computing in healthcare ecosystems has numerous advantages like cost savings, enhanced flexibility, and system scalability. Cloud computing also facilitates better collaborative research among various healthcare researchers and other stakeholders. Moreover, the researchers utilized Microsoft Azure-supported cloud-based tool called Azimuth for their study, as cloud facilitated better data collaboration. Similarly, cloud promoted collaboration between researchers at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and the University of Cambridge to study the interactions of different genes in blood cells of leukemia patients. Furthermore, cloud computing is used to tackle the American opioid crisis in collaboration with technology providers, policymakers, and healthcare professionals. Such cloud adoption enables better collaborations among various stakeholders in the healthcare industry. A rise in the number of these collaborations will drive the market.
Key Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Trend
The introduction of edge computing will fuel the global healthcare cloud computing markets growth. Edge computing is a method of optimizing cloud computing systems by performing computing applications at the logical end-point of the network instead of cloud or data centers. Cloud computing in the healthcare industry is increasingly employing IoT devices for health monitoring and other applications. Moreover, edge computing can help speed up the data collection and analysis, improving the overall process speed. In edge computing, sensors, controllers, and other connected devices collect and analyze IoT data themselves or transmit it to a nearby computing device such as a server or laptop for analysis. Due to this, the data can be quickly retrieved and applied in edge computing systems. Edge computing takes advantage of proximity between various IoT devices and their relationships with each other. However, edge computing also creates a record of patients vitals and events, which can be used by medical professionals to determine a better treatment regime for patients.
Key Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Challenge
The shortage of cloud professional s in the healthcare industry is a major challenge for global healthcare cloud computing markets growth. Despite the high demand, there is a shortage of qualified and trained cloud computing professionals in the industry. Cloud computing being increasingly adopted across industries, will require a high number of trained professionals. According to a survey, around 45.6% of the respondents believe that the scarcity of skilled IT professionals has contributed to a slowdown in the adoption of cloud services in the healthcare industry. Furthermore, the limited number of cloud computing professionals in the market keeps them in high demand. In this competitive environment, hiring and retaining such talent becomes a major challenge. With the increasing demand for cloud-supported networks in the healthcare industry, the requirement of trained professionals, who are trained in cloud deployment and are familiar with healthcare practices and processes, will be high. Such factors will hamper the growth of the market in focus during the forecast period.
This healthcare cloud computing market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025..
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global healthcare cloud computing market as a part of the healthcare technology segment, which, in turn, is a part of the global IT spending market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the healthcare cloud computing market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc.
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- athenahealth Inc.
- Carestream Health Inc.
- General Electric Co.
- IBM Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Oracle Corp.
- Salesforce.com Inc.
- Siemens Healthineers AG
This statistical study of the healthcare cloud computing market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The healthcare cloud computing market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc.- The solution are EHRs, financial management and operational, population health management, patient engagement, precision medicine, payer and life sciences and the Allscripts products such as Allscripts PM, dbMotion, Avenel etc
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The healthcare cloud computing market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the healthcare cloud computing market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global IT spending market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Healthcare Cloud Computing Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
40% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US, and Canada are the key markets for healthcare cloud computing market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The increasing cloud-assisted medical collaborations will facilitate the healthcare cloud computing market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to propel the growth of the market in North America in 2021. The emergence of a new business environment with a remote working culture is increasing the adoption of cloud computing solutions in healthcare infrastructure to curb the spread of the virus. Lockdown norms across various industries have augmented the need for date storage with remote planning, tracking, and monitoring healthcare data status. For instance, in September 2020, Accenture announced an investment of $3 billion in forming the Accenture Cloud First to assist clients across different industries to become cloud-first businesses and accelerate digital transformation. This will enable maintaining a continuous, always-on relationship with patients and plan members between instances of care is critical. Owing to such factors, the market for healthcare cloud computing is expected to grow significantly in the region during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Healthcare Cloud Computing Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The healthcare cloud computing market share growth in the SaaS segment will be significant during the forecast period. SaaS solutions held the major share, owing to their easy deployment, less lead time compared with on-premises software solutions, and the service provider's ownership of maintenance and support tasks. Healthcare organizations adopt SaaS-based solutions for streamlining their client relationship management (CRM), accounting, payroll, supply chain management (SCM), and healthcare information systems.
Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 22.59%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 25.54 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 40%
Key consumer countries
US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, and China
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., athenahealth Inc., Carestream Health Inc., General Electric Co., IBM Corp., Microsoft Corp., Oracle Corp., Salesforce.com Inc., and Siemens Healthineers AG
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive healthcare cloud computing market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the healthcare cloud computing market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the healthcare cloud computing market industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of healthcare cloud computing market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Healthcare technology
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 SaaS - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: SaaS - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: SaaS - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 IaaS - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: IaaS - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: IaaS - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 PaaS - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: PaaS - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: PaaS - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Customer landscape
- Exhibit 24: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 40: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 43: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 44: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc.
- 10.4 Amazon.com Inc.
- Exhibit 50: Amazon.com Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Amazon.com Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 52: Amazon.com Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 53: Amazon.com Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 athenahealth Inc.
- Exhibit 54: athenahealth Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 55: athenahealth Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 56: athenahealth Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 57: athenahealth Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Carestream Health Inc.
- Exhibit 58: Carestream Health Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Carestream Health Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 60: Carestream Health Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.7 General Electric Co.
- Exhibit 61: General Electric Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: General Electric Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 63: General Electric Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 64: General Electric Co. - Segment focus
- 10.8 International Business Machines Corp.
- Exhibit 65: International Business Machines Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: International Business Machines Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: International Business Machines Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 68: International Business Machines Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 69: International Business Machines Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Microsoft Corp.
- Exhibit 70: Microsoft Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Microsoft Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 72: Microsoft Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Microsoft Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Oracle Corp.
- Exhibit 74: Oracle Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Oracle Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 76: Oracle Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: Oracle Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Salesforce.com Inc.
- Exhibit 78: Salesforce.com Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Salesforce.com Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Salesforce.com Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 81: Salesforce.com Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.12 Siemens AG
- Exhibit 82: Siemens AG - Overview
- Exhibit 83: Siemens AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: Siemens AG – Key news
- Exhibit 85: Siemens AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: Siemens AG - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- increasing cloud-assisted medical collaborations
- introduction of edge computing
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.